Delisted Aaron Cornelius (2008-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Lions lift spirit of leader

Brisbane Lions players Josh Dyson and Aaron Cornelius visited the local Redbacks AFL club president at his home and presented Mr Clarke with a signed jersey from all of the 2011 players.

“On behalf of the Brisbane Lions Club, we’d just like to congratulate the efforts of the community and the positive spirit in the wake of last month’s flooding,” Lions recruit Aaron Cornelius said.

“It’s great to come out here and see everyone working together and the spirit is just fantastic.

“If we do our little bit for you guys (by supporting the com-munity), then we go away a bit happier.”

cornelius.jpg

I'm guessing they are playing him down back to force him to run hard. I presume the plan is to move him forward when he starts achieving that. Obviously it still remains to be seen whether he ever will.

I hope everybody isn't jumping to the conclusions that he lacks fitness from the two scratch matches last night. Sure it probably needs improvement but really at his age and with his good injury history there is not excuse for a lack of fitness. What he needs is time in the AFL instead of sitting back and kicking bags of goals in the reserves.

I hope everybody isn't jumping to the conclusions that he lacks fitness from the two scratch matches last night. Sure it probably needs improvement but really at his age and with his good injury history there is not excuse for a lack of fitness. What he needs is time in the AFL instead of sitting back and kicking bags of goals in the reserves.

I know some on here also factor in his training form. TOG is not going to improve his engine.

I've been saying it for a long time.

He needs to do something drastic - and apart from some steriod abuse or working 24/7 with some good guides, he's another lost to the top level. And we've had a few - Cupido anyone ?

I saw him ( last year ) start well up forward and pose a few questions to his opponets but when they realised he was knackered, he lost all respect and we got rebounded to death. I don't see any change ( maybe a speccie in the goal square once in a while ). It's 100 mins of full-on action .. heat > kitchen door.

it's frustrating to see cornelius continually played down back. If it is to improve his engine or give him an awareness of a backmans role, it's time to accept that he has no future at the club as a backman. Send him forward which he is and leave him there to develop his tank, he certainly has goal awareness and can get the ball.

he looked lost again last night in the backline as did lester in the first game in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did get caught out a few times, but no-one could question his endevour. In an overwhelmed defence I thought he did reasonably well. Agree regarding the tank, but worth persisting with. As POBT said, a season in the VFL could work wonders.

it's frustrating to see cornelius continually played down back. If it is to improve his engine or give him an awareness of a backmans role, it's time to accept that he has no future at the club as a backman. Send him forward which he is and leave him there to develop his tank, he certainly has goal awareness and can get the ball.
Got to agree with that :thumbsu:

my boy, seems to have drifted off the radar lately !! come on corndog you have plenty to show the ney sayers, good luck for the season mate dig in work hard and show vossey and the boys on this forum what us tassie boys already know that you can and will make it !!!

I know that there are question marks over his fitness but how about throwing him into the midfield in the reserves? Could be an interesting experiment to see how he goes winning his own ball.

I know that there are question marks over his fitness but how about throwing him into the midfield in the reserves? Could be an interesting experiment to see how he goes winning his own ball.

Wow, talk about throwing him in the deep end. He would have to play in 60 second bursts.

By appearances has slipped behind Retzlaff and Lester in the club's pecking order, irish. Has played forward/back swapsies with Karnezis the past two weeks in the twos.

I can't recall him having much problem with injury and he has a year on Retzclaff and 2 on Lester so that's pretty disappointing if he still doesn't do enough defensive work/have the fitness to not even be a back up forward if someone gets injured.

Clearly sent down back to send a message. About time he accepted it.

He's lazy.

well brown dog i hope he proves you wrong ! you have never been a fan but thats fine, he needs to prove his worth and if he wants to stay on the list then its time he did !

well brown dog i hope he proves you wrong ! you have never been a fan but thats fine, he needs to prove his worth and if he wants to stay on the list then its time he did !

I was a fan when he kicked 9 vs Redlands, but he doesnt work nearly hard enough to be an AFL standard KPP. Doesn't seem to be getting the message. I don't play favorites. Would love him to prove me wrong.

Bryce Retzlaff doesn't have anywhere near the natural ability but has rocketed ahead of Ace in the pecking order through sheer hard work and desire.

time will tell. plenty of boys need to show a hell of a lot more this season. cornelius isnt alone ! but at the end of the day he is a lion and at trade week he could have not been , but he was not even considered as a trade even with interest from other clubs. so now he has to repay the faith and preform. i am sure he will ! sorry bd but yep you do play favourites !! we all do

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted Aaron Cornelius (2008-2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back