Rooboy 34

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2001
Captains Bar & Bay 34...
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Wanderers CC...
Aaron Davey is the Rd 1 Rising Star. I know that there has been a lot of conjecture on this board about whether we should have let him slip through oour grasp - well I guess time will tell...

Won't have to wait long until Sansbury picks one up either.

Firrito should pick up a Rising Star Nomination this year - Probably Hale and Sainsbury as well

Sainsbury really depends on how much of an impression he makes before Sinclair comes back in Round 4 (I think ?)

Sinclair will obviously displace him but his performances in the next 2 weeks will see whether he goes back to Port or the Bench

Originally posted by Ausgard
Sainsbury really depends on how much of an impression he makes before Sinclair comes back in Round 4 (I think ?)

Sinclair will obviously displace him but his performances in the next 2 weeks will see whether he goes back to Port or the Bench

Yep Jess will be coming back in Round 4 but not sure if he would go straight back to playing or not I sure hope so but! :)

I love Jess Sinclair #9

I'd say he is straight back in

I mean he hasn't been injured and he got to play in the practice matches so I doubt there would be any conditioning problems.

he is probably got more match fitness than the poor blokes throughout the league who were injured throughout the pre season

Jess got some practice matches and could train at 100% while some guys could only do swimming and weights

Straight back in or thursday night will have to change its name from the Lottery to the Lunacy

good on the young boy he has done well for himself and has shown enough to become a real star in the AFL, and i hope he does really well and shows those north supporters and others that said he wasn't good enough, really how good he is.

and as for those who said he had no defence skill, well hasn't he prove them wrong.

good luck flash

Not sure why North didn't pick Davey up. Sure we have a lot of small players but hell you only need to keep the good ones. Davey is the fastest player I've ever seen and does look like he has lots of improvement in him. These types of players are worth a gamble in my opinion.
Good luck to him anyway he really looks to be enjoying himself out there and that is always good to see.

Originally posted by Angus1
Not sure why North didn't pick Davey up. Sure we have a lot of small players but hell you only need to keep the good ones. Davey is the fastest player I've ever seen and does look like he has lots of improvement in him. These types of players are worth a gamble in my opinion.
Good luck to him anyway he really looks to be enjoying himself out there and that is always good to see.

No way I would relinquish Chad Jones or Dave Trotter to pick Davey up, but LeCras's position on the list could be filled by Aaron IMO.

Not really crying out for a small forward though.

And Shane Harvey can consider himself to be lucky taking a spot on his list. Thought he was pretty ordinary and soft today.

Originally posted by Lidge
And Shane Harvey can consider himself to be lucky taking a spot on his list. Thought he was pretty ordinary and soft today.

Agree with that.

I have actually been impressed with his workrate since he came over, but today he was rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Davey Rising Star...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back