Aaron Fiora!

Remove this Banner Ad

taraba said:
It's bloody February. He might be playing well now but you won't know which Aaron Fiora you guys really got until at least a month or so into the season. .

It wont be a "Danny Frawley" Aaron Fiora. Richmond have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Giving away Fiora, Ottens and Zantuck will come back to bite Richmond on the arse.

tiger of old said:
What you think Brisbane,s success hasnt bitten Nathan,s ass?

cheers!

Its got nothing to do with the fact that Frawley alone has held these players back and they will be better players without him, and that sacking them was a mmistake

Gun. This guy is a chance for All-Australian selection, and an even a smokey for the Brownlow. Now proving why he was selected at pick 3 in the 1999 Draft. The Saints have certainly got a bargin buy. His kicking is awsome.

hotpie said:
It wont be a "Danny Frawley" Aaron Fiora. Richmond have thrown the baby out with the bathwater. Giving away Fiora, Ottens and Zantuck will come back to bite Richmond on the arse.

Disagree.

Zantuck was booted because of off-field problems, was a major cancer within the team. Good player, but you can't have someone behaving the way he was. The only part that will hurt Richmond is that we didn't get the trade done with the Bombers, instead we had to delist.

Ottens was traded because the club felt he had been payed on potential for a long time and wanted to only pay him at the level he was playing. This wasn't what he wanted so both parties agreed to trade. Richmond are far better off because they made a stand to start getting away from overpaying their players. We also got good draft picks in return that so far look very good prospects.

Fiora will be regretted a bit, but the fact we got Simmonds in return and were also able to get Knoble makes it an acceptable situation. Most Richmond fans will tell you that they think Aaron will be a lot better at the Saints, but he would have also been better (probably to a lesser extent) at the tigers this year.

hotpie said:
Its got nothing to do with the fact that Frawley alone has held these players back and they will be better players without him, and that sacking them was a mmistake
I agree that Frawley had damaged a few players careers.altho Fiora out of what you have listed as the one who i believe deserved a year under TW.
Zantuck is his own worst enemy while Ottens wasnt to happy about some home truths.

cheers!

I have now seen him play twice in a Saints jumper and still cannot believe how idiots like IITB and Tigerboyz can call this bloke a hack. Hang on, thats right they are idiots, my mistake :p
This guy can play. we are very lucky picking Fiora up no doubt.

PS Fiora for Knobel, it's like a tattslotto win. :D

Its amazing what coaching actually does for a player.!!
Agreed that the Tigers had to clear Ottens and Zantuck and even if they end up superstars so be it. Fiora deserved a year under the wallace program. Much the same as Houlihan and Fevola at Carlton who looked goners under brittain and are thriving with pagan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look his talent has never been in question it was his application, good luck to the kid i hope it all goes well for him at the saints, we looked at who was expendable he was the choice so b it.....we traded him because we needed to get another tall and simmonds was on offer, and black wanted to go home, so at the end of the day im sure all will win in this trade....

there a lot of what "ifs" in football but really in this day and age situations like this will occur with more regularity in players with promise transferred to other clubs as clubs try to get a balance on their lists....

anyway good luck to the kid i had my reservations about the kid been able to step up but i hope he proves us all wrong, 2 games he has played really well, and that is gr8, more credit to him to knuckle down, to deny him any success is just plain petty....

pb4201_125.gif

arb26_125.gif
c2525_125.gif

how's that for laughs firedude!

Infamy said:
I'm glad there's posts of mine that date back to the time of the trade that claim he'd be a good pickup for the Saints, they're not going to miss Black at all.
Not worth giving Richmond crap about it as it looks like it will be a win-win-win situation for all 3 clubs involved. Simmonds will do more for us than Fiora was ever going to, I guess only Freo can hope that Black was worth the pickup.
There are understandably some Tiger supporters bitter about the lack of return that we got from him, something Fiora has admitted, but at the end of the day it wasn't his choice to leave. He'll likely be the first Tiger player to have a premiership medallion around his neck in quite some time.

Also glad that I am on record on the Saints board and main board for saying the same thing. He will do well at the Saints and itsn't at all a bad player.

I was very disappointed last night though because he is playing so much more focused and determined than he did at the Tiges. He has a brilliant kick and seems to have won a bit of confidence at the Saints.

Just disappointed Frawley couldn't get this out of him. But as I said last week, 1 or 2 good games doesn't mean he's turned the corner, although the signs are positive.

Thought he was 2nd or 3rd best on Ground last night.

Fiora has been very good so far, heaps of possessions, but what ou dont understand is he doesnt do any tackling, i remember an incident last night where he just stood there and didnt go for the Dogs player who kicked it inside 50......he might get the ball and dispose it well but he doesnt do the 1%ers

Fiora is yet more evidence of what a career killer Frawley was.He was continually played out position.

I have to admit he did play well last night.Thats the most targets I've seen him hit since his footy career began.

I still think once the pressure is on he will struggle.It'll be interesting when he has to play on an opponent.I couldn't tell who he was on last night.He is not an intelligent footballer but maybe he can offer something on the wing for the saints.He has a long kick.

I'm quite comfortable with the trade.Simmonds will be a good player for us.

The Fireman said:
PS Fiora for Knobel, it's like a tattslotto win. :D

If you are really going to look at it that way, what did you get for Heath Black? Nothing?
For trading Fiora Richmond got Simmonds & Knobel, 2 talls for a small. This could not be considered anything but a winning trade for the Tigers, especially when you consider that we have future wingers in Raines, Roach, Jackson, Deledio or even Meyer who will be competing for selection there this season.
Saints may have gained a very talented winger in Fiora, but you also lost one in Black and had Knobel walk out. You may not care about Knobel, but its really only about even at the end of the day.

Infamy said:
If you are really going to look at it that way, what did you get for Heath Black? Nothing?
For trading Fiora Richmond got Simmonds & Knobel, 2 talls for a small. This could not be considered anything but a winning trade for the Tigers, especially when you consider that we have future wingers in Raines, Roach, Jackson, Deledio or even Meyer who will be competing for selection there this season.
Saints may have gained a very talented winger in Fiora, but you also lost one in Black and had Knobel walk out. You may not care about Knobel, but its really only about even at the end of the day.
We really got Simmonds for Fiora.

And we had a bonus win for Knobel leaving!

Thanks Richmond. :D

Snickers said:
We really got Simmonds for Fiora.

And we had a bonus win for Knobel leaving!

Thanks Richmond. :D

We won cause you guys wanted Simmonds, he chose us, we were 16th on the ladder and you guys are about to win a flag.

We got Simmonds and Knobel for Fiora - a win for us :)

you guys got Ackland :rolleyes:

sante said:
We won cause you guys wanted Simmonds, he chose us, we were 16th on the ladder and you guys are about to win a flag.

We got Simmonds and Knobel for Fiora - a win for us :)

you guys got Ackland :rolleyes:

I'd choose Richmond if I was offered a 5 year deal and to date hadn't done much in my career.

Black was a good player for us but really didn't live up to his potential that he had showed at the Dockers. Fiora was in the same boat at Richmond and seems desperate to salvage an AFL career.

At the very worst we have broken even with Ackland. He's already won more of the ball around the ground than Trent did in half a season. No complaints from us on that one either.

So it seems like we all think we won.

VEEBEE said:
looks to have bulked up a fair bit, is cool under pressure ,and has good skills. may not have been consistent at the tiges,but its hard when you are in and out every other week in a team under costant pressure.

Good luck to him. His biggest weakness is he has not right foot whatsoever so smart opposition will always try to make him kick with the right.

Infamy said:

Wrong we got what looks like a better player at about 200k less

Cant argue with that. Looks good apart from Knobel who is the biggest hack in football.

Gained Fiora which is a plus for usby about 200k as he is more worth than Black

Gained on Ackland because he was about 80k less than Knobel is a much much better player.

So we saved over a qtr mill in SC which is to be used on our other rising stars to keep them at the club while at the same time at least broke even with Fiora, and gained considerably with Ackland.

Its all good for everyone, Saints, Tigers, even Freo. geelong may miss out with Ottens. Just depends.

krisholio said:
hes going to be a very good player for the saints. my bro who is a st kilda supporter was rapt to get him. he may just be ready to unleash the pace, delivery and vision that richmond drafted him for in the first place.

sometimes i think it comes down to one thing with some players, its hard to soar like and eagle when your surrounded by turkeys. in fiora's case, that just may be fact.

:p :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Fiora!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back