ABEFC hypocrisy once again rears its ugly head...

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people really struggle with the difference between a player doing a few lines and a club orchestrated injection program that's aim was to bend the WADA code.
Some people really struggle with reading comprehension. Again the point of the thread is to compare two individuals actions and the criticism they have each received.

Opinions about Essendon's actions as a club are irrelevant. Jobe Watson is not the EFC.

Why is the Bennell issue and discussion lighting up the radio stations, the online and print media with a balanced debate... yet not on here? Perhaps that says something about the balance of perspective that campaigners on here lack...

Seriously.... an elite AFL player on the front page of all the newspapers snorting lines.... nothing inherently new???

Im sure you would have the same view if it was one of the Essendon boys...

Because most people on BF have enough neurons to distinguish between a footballer taking recreational drugs and a systemic, club endorsed program of cheating by use of PED's. Or perhaps many of us have enjoyed the odd recreational drug (note I include alcohol here)so that we dislike the sanctimonious and hypocritical way this has been dished up by the scumbags at Spew Corp. Now where is my wizz fizz......

What's your point?

I couldn't give a flying f**k about the Suns. I no longer care about Essendon either. I used to hate them, but no more.
They're a joke of a club just like Gold Coast.

I'm just tired of seeing sanctimonious crybaby Essendon fans stinking up the airwaves with their "us vs the world" bullshit
If I wanted to read that shit, I would go to Bomberfarkwitz or the Essendon Board.
This has to be one of the best analogies of all time on the continuing subject. I take my hat off to you dude!

Last edited:
And FWIW, I still haven't found out WTF ABEFC stands for, FFS.

I think it's supposed to stand for "Anything But Essendon Football Club", i.e. a derogatory term for people who are more obsessed with potting EFC than their own club

Personally I reckon "Albert Bastardised Essendon Football Club" is slightly more apt

Systematic use of performance enhancing drugs v party drug.

I would bloody love it if opposition players went berserk on speed and coke in the lead up to playing the Pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stopped reading the OP when he declared that being an AFL player was the opposite of a stressful job.
Stop misrepresenting my post. I said it is job that provides an outlet to relieve stress, that is not the same as a non-stressful job. Saying that a player can't help but resort to drugs due to the demands of modern footy is a massive copout and that is what I was getting at.

Systematic use of performance enhancing drugs v party drug.

I would bloody love it if opposition players went berserk on speed and coke in the lead up to playing the Pies
Just the right amount of coke and even Brisbane would roll the pies itt is an unfair advantage. You ever heard about the 70s steelers in the NFL? They were massive coke fiends and constantly rolled the opposition.

OP did you go too hard on the nose candy yourself? paranoid incoherent ramblings in the face of reason and logic can be indicative of cocaine abuse. pray for OP
OP did you go too hard on the nose candy yourself? paranoid incoherent ramblings in the face of reason and logic can be indicative of cocaine abuse. pray for OP
Nice ad hominem. Feel free to actually tackle the argument at hand and point out where I make incoherent ramblings or logical fallacies. Over 4 pages and not one person has managed to do so.

Nice ad hominem. Feel free to actually tackle the argument at hand and point out where I make incoherent ramblings or logical fallacies. Over 4 pages and not one person has managed to do so.

You don't have an argument *******, your entire OP is having a cry about the gulf in community reaction between the Essendon PED scandal and a single player being photographed doing recreational drugs

A number of posters have explained the momentous difference between one player being caught partaking in recreational drugs and an entire team undergoing a club sanctioned doping program to gain an unfair advantage

Not even the EFC kool-aid krew is backing you up in this thread m8, that's when you know you're a special type of delusional

You don't have an argument *******, your entire OP is having a cry about the gulf in community reaction between the Essendon PED scandal and a single player being photographed doing recreational drugs
l
You didn't read the OP. Go back and try again.

Remove this Banner Ad

ABEFC hypocrisy once again rears its ugly head...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back