"Ablett skips Cats' final pitch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gazza doesn't show up

No-one now would believe he is staying. Everything that has happened all means only one thing, he is leaving. Only the strongest optomist would still believe he is staying.

Geelong should sack him. This is hardly surprising given the way his coach has been bad-mouthing him all season.

Can you sack someone who is no longer contracted to you?

Geelong should sack him. This is hardly surprising given the way his coach has been bad-mouthing him all season.

Sack Ablett? you can't sack someone who is no longer contractually tied to the club.

As for Bomber "bad-mouthing him all season", what utter crap! I say good-on Bomber for putting the club ebfore the individual, as he has always done.

Cant believe the crap still being written about him yet to make a decision etc, does anyone believe that rubbish.......hes been gone for ages

If he is gone as everyone suggests, why are they still having meetings? Why have they not said he is leaving? Is Pickering trying to get Geelong to make Ablett Captain and he will stay:confused:

A bit of BS in there.

Thompson is no longer married, it was his girlfriend (partner). Also, she did not throw a drink she had a verbal talk (argument) with him regarding his handling of the issue.

Back on the issue, Liam, the Gold Coast and the AFL are doing a great job to make sure the announcement is made after the Grand Final to maximise there exposure. If I was Brian Cook I would say Gary our offer is off the table as of tomorrow at 5.00pm (Friday). Then if he doesn't sign by this date let the media know. Why do we have dragged through this BS, we have other contracts we need renegotiate and other players we may want to get from other clubs if he leaves. The longer we have to wait the harder it becomes.

That's the best outcome for Geelong.

Hawthorn managed to hold a press conference/announcement prior to the GC one when Brown left, which was certainly well received by the fans.

Why would they be upset with Pickering anyway? It's not as if he's making the decision for Gary, or has any personal stake in the decision either way.

Probably 5-10% of the contract value - so the agency stands to make an extra $50-$100k per annum if he goes to the GC

A bit of BS in there.

Thompson is no longer married, it was his girlfriend (partner). Also, she did not throw a drink she had a verbal talk (argument) with him regarding his handling of the issue.

Back on the issue, Liam, the Gold Coast and the AFL are doing a great job to make sure the announcement is made after the Grand Final to maximise there exposure. If I was Brian Cook I would say Gary our offer is off the table as of tomorrow at 5.00pm (Friday). Then if he doesn't sign by this date let the media know. Why do we have dragged through this BS, we have other contracts we need renegotiate and other players we may want to get from other clubs if he leaves. The longer we have to wait the harder it becomes.

Good to see Geelong discussing their discontent through official channels...the coaches floozie? Christ, the wheels are falling off at a rate of knots in Sleepy Hollow

I think when the history of the GCF is written it will come out that Ablett committed to go in late 2009.

I think when the history of the Cats 2007 -2010 is written, players will tell you that it had an effect on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's this Gary could be leaving the Cat's??????
When did all this come about this is the first I've heard about it and who are the Gold Coast Sun's sure;y he isn't making a change to the NRL

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...keep-gary-ablett/story-e6frf9jf-1225928378722

I heard Bomber Thompson's wife threw her drink at Liam Pickering at the Geelong post season function and he was told he could never ever do business on Geelong premises again.

Sad way to end for the favourite son.

Well, that may be but I heard the next morning Bomber told her that her team wants the photo shoot to go in a different direction and they no longer need GAJ to be a model. Mrs Bomber valiantly tried to hide her disappointment. She told Hutchy's voice mail that they should crash the shoot anyway, just to make fun of the new model.

As expected, Mrs Bomber went to the shoot to find Hutchy the center of attention. Hutchy thinks that Mrs Bomber couldn't stand that the spotlight was on her, but Hutchy is confused because she was told that they would be doing the shoot together. Liam Pickering is also there and overhears their fight. Mrs Bomber goes to Andrew Demetrious to quit the photo shoot and runs right past Liam Pickering, without even saying a word to him.

Liam Pickering found Mrs Bomber in the dressing room and wanted to talk. Hutchy is not in the mood, and says, “My best friend doesn't believe me, and neither does the guy I like” that Hutchy tricked her into doing the shoot because she didn't want Mrs Bomber to do it. Liam Pickering walked out to the hallway to find Mrs Bomber sitting on the floor. She snarks that she normally wouldn't sit this close to him without a tetanus shot. Liam Pickering, against his better judgment, shares with her that his mother left his family for the summer to go and find herself in Hudson. It's no longer summer, but she's still there. He wants to tell his mom to come home, and even if it doesn't convince her to, at least she'll know how he feels. Unfortunately, he's too chicken to actually do this.

I heard this from a friend, it's true (or it could be from an episode of Gossip Girl, I'm not sure). Actually, I think Gossip Girl is more believable the Hun.

Well, that may be but I heard the next morning Bomber told her that her team wants the photo shoot to go in a different direction and they no longer need GAJ to be a model. Mrs Bomber valiantly tried to hide her disappointment. She told Hutchy's voice mail that they should crash the shoot anyway, just to make fun of the new model.

As expected, Mrs Bomber went to the shoot to find Hutchy the center of attention. Hutchy thinks that Mrs Bomber couldn't stand that the spotlight was on her, but Hutchy is confused because she was told that they would be doing the shoot together. Liam Pickering is also there and overhears their fight. Mrs Bomber goes to Andrew Demetrious to quit the photo shoot and runs right past Liam Pickering, without even saying a word to him.

Liam Pickering found Mrs Bomber in the dressing room and wanted to talk. Hutchy is not in the mood, and says, “My best friend doesn't believe me, and neither does the guy I like” that Hutchy tricked her into doing the shoot because she didn't want Mrs Bomber to do it. Liam Pickering walked out to the hallway to find Mrs Bomber sitting on the floor. She snarks that she normally wouldn't sit this close to him without a tetanus shot. Liam Pickering, against his better judgment, shares with her that his mother left his family for the summer to go and find herself in Hudson. It's no longer summer, but she's still there. He wants to tell his mom to come home, and even if it doesn't convince her to, at least she'll know how he feels. Unfortunately, he's too chicken to actually do this.

I heard this from a friend, it's true (or it could be from an episode of Gossip Girl, I'm not sure). Actually, I think Gossip Girl is more believable the Hun.

I think you got the wrong thread.

Is this the one you was after?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19108325#post19108325

I was making a witty and ever so funny point that it's all teenage girl like gossip. He's probably off but the stuff about Bomber's alleged wife etc is just pathetic.

Good to see Geelong discussing their discontent through official channels...the coaches floozie? Christ, the wheels are falling off at a rate of knots in Sleepy Hollow

Foozie face=off at the sunday barbecue (send the kids out for more jim beam)

Tome honoured way to resolve disputes

If he is gone as everyone suggests, why are they still having meetings? Why have they not said he is leaving? Is Pickering trying to get Geelong to make Ablett Captain and he will stay:confused:

To draw out the announcement until after the grand final. ;)

b4 u geebung people start criticizing Ablett for forsakening the club, he is the very reason why you guys played in 3 gf in a row and countless no. PFs. It was ablett's rise in 07 that catapulted the team from very good to excellent. Instead of dwindlling his career away at geebung during its eventual slide, he will go to gc for something much greater like being the team's inaugural capital and nurturing the next batch of superstars.

Remove this Banner Ad

"Ablett skips Cats' final pitch"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back