Aborigines...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by TheGreatCoranzo
Gee, what about vest?

if they were chasing him in a car they wouldnt stop the car and go get it out the boot (assuming thats where it was), if they were on foot, they wouldnt be near the car to get it out, and if they WERE near the car, dont u think they'd get INTO the car and chase him that way!?!

but no, i dont think they would go get vests either way.

btw, what has whether they had a vest on or not have to do with anything?

KingClive26: Here's a situation. Just supposing you broke the law and died two days later after being hit by a car or whatever, and I said you deserved to die because you're 'nothing but criminal scum', would that be justified? And how would you feel? (Yes, I know you would be DEAD but thats not the point. Would you think it fair?)

Originally posted by Kid Dynamite!
KingClive26: Here's a situation. Just supposing you broke the law and died two days later after being hit by a car or whatever, and I said you deserved to die because you're 'nothing but criminal scum', would that be justified? And how would you feel? (Yes, I know you would be DEAD but thats not the point. Would you think it fair?)

hit by a car eh? you dont even know if that happened or not!

All it basically comes down to is that its no ones fault but the kids. If he had respected the police's authoritahh he'd still be alive and wouldn't of impaled himself.

If he respected there authoritahh and didn't run he'd still be alive.

Its nobodies fault but the kids.

And there was no need for the animalistic behaviour that followed.

Originally posted by KiNgCliVe26
All it basically comes down to is that its no ones fault but the kids. If he had respected the police's authoritahh he'd still be alive and wouldn't of impaled himself.

If he respected there authoritahh and didn't run he'd still be alive.

Its nobodies fault but the kids.

And there was no need for the animalistic behaviour that followed.

Authoritahh??

Talk about a face saving exercise - but you're well below that.

Authoritahh??

Talk about a face saving exercise - but you're well below that.

Yes Authoritahh if the kid had respected the police eh wouldn't of been chased and would still be alive.

Don't need to save my face. You snake in the grass.

You know this riot made cnn (via ch9 commentry) last night, i couldn't believe they showed it. They also showed what i am pretty sure they said was the place where the kid impaled on the fench, now i didn't see the top of the fench, but the fench seemed kinda tall, also i have great doubts whether the car would have fit through a gap that size unless they were driving real slow ... but like i said i can't be sure if that was the same fench (it was white on cnn) that the kid impaled on

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aborigines...

Originally posted by Danny_Green
I don't support genocide. What I do support is equality. If these things want to live in our culture.... live in our cities that we have built from the ground up... then they can abide by our laws. If they don't they can go back to their tribes and live under tribal law and in a system with no welfare and handouts. Lets see how much they enjoy the "hardship" us white people put them under.

Just where does 'our' law end and 'theirs' begin ?

Hoppers crossing ? Alice springs ? Katherine ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aborigines...

Originally posted by Pessimistic
Just where does 'our' law end and 'theirs' begin ?

Hoppers crossing ? Alice springs ? Katherine ?

I agree with certain parts of danny_greens post on this, but with a major difference, they should have to follow aus. law everywhere in aus. if they don't like it well thats too bad and its not about being racist, its about living in reality.

Its being over 100yrs since they lost the battle over the land. I am in fact european why can't i have my own euro laws in this country (not that i probably want it)? hell i don't even come from a rich euro country, do i get any special treatment? the only one that i may have got, was my parents were allowed to come here, but i get nothing more! i live under aus. laws and i have abid by them!

[addition] i don't agree with danny_greens calling them things/apes etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, if the guy is potentially armed....

well if he was an armed robber or whatever serious crime you'd like to pick, dont you think they would be all the more determined to catch him, and if they didnt have their vests at hand, i think they'd still chase him rather then let him get away!

ok.. so i gave up reading the posts at page 10 but i reckon i have caught the general gyst of the whole arguments being chucked around...

im just gonna chuck up some points and my opinions and im sorry if they don't go anywhere..

ok.. so the whole captain cook whiteboy thing.. ok for starters.. we can't blame 'captain cook'.. coz the only real difference he made was that we are speaking english and not dutch or french etc.. any white settlers who came to australia would have done the same thing.. but what do you expect... a foreign land.. foreign 'simple' looking people with different ideas.. it was a clash.. and the more 'savage' team won.. the aborigines just living happily were bullied around by a more street smart savvy white people.. ok so that happened over 200 years ago.. since then as the world has 'tried' to become less racist and trying to be more global with its thinking and race, australia has tried to do the same.. incorporating many different races/cultures and doing its very damn best many a time to patch up the dispute with the aborigines..

ok.. agree/disagree/same im stating the obvious.. i don't believe this is gonna be fixed anytime soon saying 'sorry' won't do a darned thing. and other than being political and holding australia accountable to lawsuits.. its aint gonna mean much for the way many aborigines live.

so.. the government are still trying to make everyone happy by helping out the aborigines so they will be incorporated into our multicultural (not just white) society

now.. this might be controversial.. i am totally totally against what happened in redfern.. i can't be called a whitey for being against riotous acts that should not be present in a developed 1st world democracy such as our own.. if they have a problem with what happened.. we have the channels that they can go through.. and ok so maybe they are against our whole system of government.. but what the hell is a riot going to do..

and earlier on someone commented about media spin doctoring.. so tell me.. did the media get their graphic computer dudes in and make up some 3d footage of kids chucking molotov cocktails and bins filled with flame and bricks at policemen? i particularly enjoyed the scene with the burning car.. very dramatic.. its just not on.. there's protesting and there's riots.

just for the record i have no idea of eye witnesses and stuff.. but unless the police pushed him into it or something.. they should not be blamed.. i can understand a kid flying off a bike and going into a fence.. God rest his soul... he did not deserve to die.. neither does anyone.. but it does not call for a riot.

it seems that areas such as this 'block' in redfern become ghettos for certain groups and well.. people from any race/culture when all put together.. the youngsters muck up..

i've seen aborigines mucking up in public places acting drunk and causing trouble.. but then again i've seen greeks/italian/lebonese/turkish/asian/caucasian all do the same things.. its not right to say i've seen aborigines do bad stuff... they are bad.. i mean i wouldn't know but maybe there are problems with alcohol etc in the aboriginal community.. but that is something for them to address..

ok so i'll just sorta sum up by saying i don't agree with what happened in redfern.. whiteys were bastards.. and oh yeah.. stop being racist all you others on here.. its just broad generalisations..

maaaaaaaaate... its un AUSTRALIAN

hehheheh

steve rat

Originally posted by feher
You know this riot made cnn (via ch9 commentry) last night, i couldn't believe they showed it. They also showed what i am pretty sure they said was the place where the kid impaled on the fench, now i didn't see the top of the fench, but the fench seemed kinda tall, also i have great doubts whether the car would have fit through a gap that size unless they were driving real slow ... but like i said i can't be sure if that was the same fench (it was white on cnn) that the kid impaled on
How many times can you spell fence wrong? ;)

As to the topic, I've actually read through the whole thing (damn that sounds even sadder when I type it) and must commend certain posters on a good discussion of relevant issues. If it wasn't for a few ignorant, smallminded people then it would have been a worthy debate (not just the incident, but the problems facing Aborigines in a white society).

Anyway, some of you really need to take a year 12 Australian history course at high school or Tafe. It really opened up my mind last year as to how broad and deep the problem really is and how much of a long, long term thing it will be before Australian society truley becomes balanced and equality isn't just a catchphrase thrown around every now and then.

As to the incident, it's too hard to make a judgement. Eye witness accounts have prooven to be fairly unreliable and it seems they don't have much evidence against the police at the moment so I'll withhold judgement.

Originally posted by feher
i am pretty sure they said was the place where the kid impaled on the fench, now i didn't see the top of the fench, but the fench seemed kinda tall,

... but like i said i can't be sure if that was the same fench

Forgot your dentures aye fehrer:D

I guess a lot of you have not stepped into the redfern area or even the block for that matter.

ha..what a nasty surprise many of you will receive if you ever go down there.

The rodents and scum that frequent down there are happy living how they are. The kids don't want to go to school..what for? They can hang out all day and cause ****, give the cops grief..you know just like Johnno and Tez and Bill who are now a bit older but still continue to do **** all with their lives down at the block.

The people down there don't want change, they love it. They channel their anger at Police and white people b/c they can, not because they are over living how they are..far from it.

I was rolled once down at the block..by an older woman who ran past and took my bag..I chased her only to be stopped by a group of young ratbags who started then chasing me. f kids see their pathetic parents do this, are they going want to go to school?

Anyway the block does not really represent the plight of the real aboriginal, just the plight of the lazy, unmotivated ones that have become urbanized and only really look back at their culture when it suits them.

it's obvious reading so many posts that most people have never come into contact with abos and seen what kind of lifestyle some of them live. if you did, you would have a very different opinion.

personally, i blame the education system which has been taken over by the labour party and the australian teachers union.

for some time now there has been a deliberate strategy to turn public schools into left wing indoctrination camps run by radical commi teachers who fill the fragile minds of students with left wing propaganda. these poor befuddled students then wear black arm bands, have a guilty conscience about abos and vote for labour.

it's clear that many posters have under gone this brain washing process and i feel sorry for them, since it's a form of child abuse. hopefully, one day they will mature into adults and see how their been had by the left wingers.

Originally posted by noodnuts
it's obvious reading so many posts that most people have never come into contact with abos and seen what kind of lifestyle some of them live. if you did, you would have a very different opinion.

personally, i blame the education system which has been taken over by the labour party and the australian teachers union.

for some time now there has been a deliberate strategy to turn public schools into left wing indoctrination camps run by radical commi teachers who fill the fragile minds of students with left wing propaganda. these poor befuddled students then wear black arm bands, have a guilty conscience about abos and vote for labour.

it's clear that many posters have under gone this brain washing process and i feel sorry for them, since it's a form of child abuse. hopefully, one day they will mature into adults and see how their been had by the left wingers.

I didn't even know that Andrew Blot (sorry Bolt) had moved to Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aborigines...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back