Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm Rory Lobb kicked out from full back? A local footy coach would know that this is insanely stupid.
Cornesy picked it up tonight. Am I missing something here?

Surprised Treloar didn’t get at least a vote from Bevo…..he was by far the best dog
Our midfield was smashed. Treloar was a part of that midfield. I'm happy that our mids didn't get votes.

How did the Port guy not get charged for whacking Astro? We had doc suspended for the same thing but minimal impact??????
The bigger question is why Heeney was suspended yet BZT want even fined. Same round, similar actions.

Not sure if we're overly cautious now. We've had a few weird ones.

Potentially Pickens law suit have them realllllly cautious.
I've talked of this in another post, but being reallllly cautious, by subbing out players "to be safe", is creating concussion "histories" for a growing list of players whose lawyers could take advantage of down the track.

Current strategy could create bigger problems in the future.

The bigger question is why Heeney was suspended yet BZT want even fined. Same round, similar actions.
I can see it.

Heeney swung his arm and looked back before disengaging and running forward to take the uncontested mark. The act of looking back made it appear more intentional.

Meanwhile BZT was similarly trying to keep Naughton out of the contest but was always facing forward. Furthermore - without me going back to the video to confirm the action - I think Naughton was running forward having switched sides to get around BZT. The extra forward momentum would have contributed to the effect on Naughton (presumed concussion).

So (a) there was forward momentum from the player who got hit (while Heeney's opponent had very little forward momentum) and (b) it could be argued that BZT might not have even known which side his opponent was on because he was looking forward and Naughton had switched sides behind his back. Hence unintentional and probably not even careless.

Cotchin on Talking Footy said '......it looked like Heeney was trying to fend him off in some manner' - yeah right, you would do that by swinging a clenched fist into his head

Cotchin on Talking Footy said '......it looked like Heeney was trying to fend him off in some manner' - yeah right, you would do that by swinging a clenched fist into his head
It seems so detached from reality when they regularly come up with excuses like that or is it me :think: :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Review Abysmal Dogs Lose To Port 102-54

Remove this Banner Ad

Back