Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

I spotted Austin Harris as an 11yo at the u12s state carnival in Townsville years ago. He is from Cairns, in the Suns academy, now live on GC with a scholarship. Won 'World team' selection this year as well as QLD u15s. Is highly regarded by academy. So yes, you can pick em from way out.

Another to watch (though not Suns area) Dylan Patterson. 11yo (sept) National carnival 100-200m sprint. State in 6 events. Broke 9 record for his Little Athletics club on Sunshine coast this year. Played for SC in u12s state carnival this year and picked up by Lions academy as an underage u12. Neat skills, fast, athletic.

I can pick em... from 6 years ago. Dylan was 10yo. Pretty sure there is an older post if i can find the right search terms.

I can pick em... from 6 years ago. Dylan was 10yo. Pretty sure there is an older post if i can find the right search terms.

This is like someone who posted a thread about Touk Miller in 2008.

Keep in mind that both of you are guests here. This is not an arena for your squabbles.

Dial it back about 20%

[edit] I'm going to let the smartassery from Geelongboy slide just because of how enjoyable it is to go and watch the replay of the Geelong game in Darwin 😘

Last edited:
Lombard was the best player on the ground by a mile. Only knock from last week was his ball use. 79% DE this week, hit some tough kicks, just awesome breakaway speed

I don’t see how Lombard doesnt go early in the top 10 with this champs performance. No idea why he has been rated in the teens to this point.

Excited to see Uwland come through as well with that left foot of his over the next 18 months. Can see him plugging in to halfback immediately. Uwland, Rioli, Powell, Weller (hopefully) completely transforms how we play.

I don’t see how Lombard doesnt go early in the top 10 with this champs performance. No idea why he has been rated in the teens to this point.

Excited to see Uwland come through as well with that left foot of his over the next 18 months. Can see him plugging in to halfback immediately. Uwland, Rioli, Powell, Weller (hopefully) completely transforms how we play.
Uwland is one of Dimmas player types. Runs all day, quick and uses it well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to start talking about Lombard as a legit top 5 pick if not a pick 1 contender. No player has been better performed this season than Leo, no player is more dangerous and damaging with ball in hand. He setup as more of an outside receiver in this game on the attacking side of the contest and consistently found space for linking chains, either setting up his teammates or finishing himself.

The U15 Queensland schoolboys team was announced and six of our academy members were named in the team:

NameRegionClub
Cameron BurgessSouth CoastBroadbeach
Klae GreenSouth CoastSouthport
Taj MurraySouth CoastBurleigh
Mac SeebeckSouth CoastBurleigh
Jaden SmithSouth CoastLabrador
Kodi WallaceSouth CoastBurleigh

Bottom ager Zeke Uwland has started this years Champs with two excellent games for the Allies, coming off a fantastic run of form for the Suns Academy in Talent League play. Zeke continues to show why he's one of the hot names for the 2025 draft crop, intercepting across half back and rebounding with direct, attacking and damaging play.

Bottom ager Zeke Uwland has started this years Champs with two excellent games for the Allies, coming off a fantastic run of form for the Suns Academy in Talent League play. Zeke continues to show why he's one of the hot names for the 2025 draft crop, intercepting across half back and rebounding with direct, attacking and damaging play.

#2 Zeke Uwland (Suns Academy)
Defender | 178cm | 24/04/2007

Stats:
29 disposals, 5 rebound 50s, 1 goal

Having been utilised on the wing last week, Uwland was shifted to quite a natural role in defence where he could attack with his run and foot skills. He accumulated possessions by consistently being in the right spot to either intercept or receive on the outside, showcasing his high level smarts. The bottom-ager’s second quarter goal was one of the highlights of the match, as he stormed through the corridor with a bounce, got the one-two and finished on the run. His ability to be incisive worked hand-in-hand with his willingness to be decisive.

#8 Leonardo Lombard (Suns Academy)
Midfielder/Forward | 178cm | 05/10/2006

Stats:
32 disposals, 10 inside 50s, 2 goals

Arguably best afield for the Allies across both games, Lombard was nothing short of dominant on Sunday. The Queenslander had a knack for breaking out the front of stoppages, embodying the Allies’ ball movement perfectly with his ability to surge forward in waves and share the ball by hand. Lombard set the tone with his competitiveness and kicked two outrageously good goals; the first through sheer work rate to follow his centre clearance inside 50, and the second by tapping the ball over an opponent on the run before slotting the ball home at top speed.

Lombard gets his chance to announce himself to every recruiter in the country tomorrow morning when the Allies take on Vic Metro at IKON Park. Another big game in this one and he's virtually guaranteed to be bid on very early in the draft.

Any updates?
Zeke Uwland is really, really good. 24 disposals (22 kicks) and his exquisite kicking ability was on display on both side of the body. I'd be shocked if he isn't in top 10 contention for next year after seeing him play today.

Allies pushed Vic Metro but in the end the Big V came out victorious by 16 points. Wouldn't be surprised if that result was reversed if the game was playing in Queensland or NSW like it was last year. Nice to see the Allies are now genuinely competitive against the footy states in the Div I Championships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back