ACC>AGS>APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Hailybury has more then 10 probably about 15. And alot of the Aps schools are in regions where the TAC teams can only pick a limited number of APS boys because when the school season starts they wouldn't have enough to field a team, Sandy Dragons only picked about 15 Private School boys so the rest had to come from public schools and ACC schools etc. which alows kids to play TAC all year

oi catsfan16, you may ask how many schools have 13 TAC cup players, and for one ahileybury have many more than that. but first and foremost the answer is how many of those boys actually play for joeys. you blokes have said it yourselves no one bothers playing ACC. its all well and good having 13 TAC cup players, and congrats on that- but it dont mean ********e all if they dont play for you and it certainly wont win you a Herlad Sun shield, let alone a spot in the Premier League of schoolboy footy, THE APS

Cats fan 16 said:
How many teams in the APS have 13 TAC players or more like Joeys? Wouldnt be too many.

How often do those boys play for the school joeys? in the so called ACC

Ok ill change my argument. If ACC was compulsory for players to play in like APS is, it would be a better competition. That might be the only reason why APS is better, because it has priority over TAC and players have to play, unlike ACC where its not compulsory to play.

AGSV is a joke compared to other good school footy competitions, such as the APS.

With schools such as Trinity, you have to question where they got the idea to put such a second rate school, full of the biggest ****************s around, into their competition. Trinity is a school based around hedge burning and butt fu<king.

I feel sorry for other AGSV schools who have to play against a sh it school and football team.

Technically you could argue the VSSSA are the best school football association.

1. The VSSSA have over 200 schools in Victoria so weight of numbers mean they have the most school footballers who go on to play AFL.

2. More TAC Cup players attend VSSSA schools than APS, AGS or ACC.

3. If the VSSSA best 20 players played against APS, AGS or ACC then who would win?

evfenton78 said:

1. The VSSSA have over 200 schools in Victoria so weight of numbers mean they have the most school footballers who go on to play AFL.

3. If the VSSSA best 20 players played against APS, AGS or ACC then who would win?
Actually rong mate, havinfg attended a public school up until year 10 i would have to say that the competiton in the private school system is ten times harder than that of a school in the public schools and just because they have over 200 schools doesnt mean they are better. Haileybury have 17 players playin tac cup and scotch have quite a few aswell, as do caulfield and skevies

What has been the record in the APS v AGS games in the past?

Who has been the more dominant competition, and do people think is a good indication of the competitions, as in are the best players selected?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

evfenton78 said:

The VSSSA (Victorian Secondary Schools Sporting Association) organises and runs the State level competitions for ALL sports in Victoria. It's membership is from ALL schools in Victoria including the APS, AGSV, ACC and EIS to mention a few. In terms of football, the TAC clubs run on behalf of the VSSSA the football program in Victoria. Check http://www.isport.com.au/schools/vsssa/

School Associations like the APS, AGSV and ACC have formed to provide the participating schools with the ability to fixture Summer and Winter sports at a high level over 2 terms each every year. The school associations usually have around 10-12 members each.

The following associations have these schools;

Association of Catholic Colleges (ACC);

CBC, St. Kilda
De La Salle College, Malvern
Mazenod College, Mulgrave
Parade College, Bundoora
St. Bede's College, Mentone
St. Bernard's College, Essendon
St. Joseph's College, Geelong
St. Joseph's College, Melbourne
St. Paul's College, Altona North
Salesian College, Chadstone
Samaritan College, Preston
Simonds College, West Melbourne
Whitefriars College, Donvale

Associated Grammar Schools of Victoria (AGSV);

Assumption College, Kilmore
Camberwell Grammar School
Ivanhoe Grammar School
Marcellin College
Mentone Grammar
Penleigh & Essendon Grammar School
The Peninsula School
Trinity Grammar School
Yarra Valley Grammar

Associated Public Schools (APS);

Brighton Grammar, Brighton
Carey Grammar
Caulfield Grammar
Geelong College, Newtown
Geelong Grammar
Haileybury College
Melbourne Grammar
Scotch College
St. Kevin's College, Toorak
Wesley College
Xavier College

If you check the team lists on the TAC Cup web site http://taccup.footballvictoria.com.au/?s=clubs you will see that most boys that play TAC Cup attend school at either APS, AGSV or ACC schools.

The VSSSA best 40 players will be named shortly to represent both the Vic Country and Vic Metro in the upcomming U/18 Australian Football Championships. You will be able to see how many of these boys are from the APS, AGSV or ACC when the lists have been finalised.

Schools in APS, AGSV & ACC are deemed "Private Schools" or "Independant Schools". The term public refers to State owned and operated schools. The word "Public" in APS misleading.

I have the following APS boys playing TAC Cup so far. Can you help me add the missing names to my list.

Haileybury College (13); BECKWITH, BROWN, COMBEN, FLEMING, HELLIER, MAGNER, MCKILLOP, MURRAY, PLYMIN, REBESCHINI, SACCUZZO, SALTER, TUNIK
St. Kevin's College (1); CAIN
The Geelong College (4); BANJANIN, CORDY, ROCKEFELLER, TURNER
Wesley College (1); WATTS
Caulfield Grammar (0)
Geelong Grammar (0)

AIS boys;

Caulfield (1); Eddy

Can anyone provide the AGSV and ACC list?

aps_statsman said:
I have the following APS boys playing TAC Cup so far. Can you help me add the missing names to my list.

Haileybury College (13); BECKWITH, BROWN, COMBEN, FLEMING, HELLIER, MAGNER, MCKILLOP, MURRAY, PLYMIN, REBESCHINI, SACCUZZO, SALTER, TUNIK
Caulfield Grammar (0)
Geelong Grammar (0)

AIS boys;

Caulfield (1); Eddy

Also at Haileybury Driscoll (Stingrays) while Raso is with Carlton

demondavey said:
What do you mean so called ACC? Its the name of the comp u fool

Comp! Mate, The ACC doesn't even come close to the comp that the APS is and if you had any kind of brains you would know that! It’s common knowledge

aps_statsman said:

Caulfield Grammar (0)
Geelong Grammar (0)

AIS boys;

Caulfield (1); Eddy

Eddy plays tac cup for Gippsland
Ellis (melb) tac cup for Gippsland

Can I just ask why all APS schools continue to knock back the opportunity to play in the Herald Sun Shield?

Has there been a reason for it?

Remove this Banner Ad

ACC>AGS>APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back