ACC>AGS>APS

Remove this Banner Ad

the teams of the vic metro and country can not be an accurate rep. of the top level of footy players if they do not include AGS and APS players simply for the reason that such players are unable to play TAC due to school regulations. Obviously many of the boys that play AGS and APS could play rep. footy, but due to their commitment to school can not.

demondavey said:
How Matt Tunik got a gig with Oakleigh is beyond me. Played state with him in 2003 and he is puss.
I play chargers with Tunik and he aint puss mate, he's a great bloke and a darn good footy player when he wants to be. Whoever u r are obviously jeaous because u probably got cut from ur respective TAC Cup team. He would of played round 3,4 and 5 due to good form, but tore all the ligaments in his ankle. So dont talk ******** mate when ya havent seen him play in over 2 years.

Skevies said:
I play chargers with Tunik and he aint puss mate, he's a great bloke and a darn good footy player when he wants to be. Whoever u r are obviously jeaous because u probably got cut from ur respective TAC Cup team. He would of played round 3,4 and 5 due to good form, but tore all the ligaments in his ankle. So dont talk ******** mate when ya havent seen him play in over 2 years.
Are you sure about that champ? Maybe you should get your facts right

demondavey said:
Are you sure about that champ? Maybe you should get your facts right
Yeh i am dead set sure that my facts are right, hes a good player, great bloke and every down there loves him to bits, so just lay off and get back to the real topic.

The order of best competition goes APS equal with ACC and Ags along way behind!!!!!!!!

Skevies said:
Yeh i am dead set sure that my facts are right, hes a good player, great bloke and every down there loves him to bits, so just lay off and get back to the real topic.

The order of best competition goes APS equal with ACC and Ags along way behind!!!!!!!!
Sily making comments when you have no idea about me, I know for a fact not everyone loves him to bit at Chargers and I am nearly 90% sure he wouldnt have had a game if he wasnt injured.

demondavey said:
How Matt Tunik got a gig with Oakleigh is beyond me. Played state with him in 2003 and he is puss.
Are you for real Demon Davey? Your year of birth is shown as 1980 but you reckon you played state with Matt in 2003. Bit of a contradiction here. Which statement is true, if either?

Taken from "The Whole Australian Football Catalogue" G. Hutchinson & J. Ross 2001.

The footy nursery: Assumption College. Just north of Melbourne over the Great Dividing Range is Kilmore, Victoria's oldest inland town. And just outside Kilmore is Assumption College, football's greatest nursery. Assumption is the private school no other wants to play, losing only a handful of games since admission to the Associated Grammar Schools' football competition in 1959. Among many great players to have come out of Assumption are Francis Bourke, Peter Keenan, Brendan Edwards, Laurie Serafini, Peter Crimmins and Bernie McCarthy. Assumption's Brothers perennially produce tough, skilled and fiercely competitive players.

I think you'll find ACK. part of the AGS, has produced a higher quotient of VFL/AFL players per capita then any other school. And before you 'public' school boys start bemoaning scholarships etc... you will note that ACK does not give scholarships to budding footballers however, at the time I went there, ACK was the cheapest boarding school in Australia hence the large proportion of country kids from northern Vic & The Riverina who were footy guns. It was that case since the 50's when ACK was producing VFL players by the dozen and started earning its reputation as "The Footy Nursery."

SCARD said:
Are you for real Demon Davey? Your year of birth is shown as 1980 but you reckon you played state with Matt in 2003. Bit of a contradiction here. Which statement is true, if either?
Mate, 75% of people dont put the correct birthdate on their profile. I think davey is one of them.

Skevies said:
Mmmmm Tunik did alot today didn't he?

demondavey said:
Mmmmm Tunik did alot today didn't he?

Demon davey u r an idiot, Matt cant play footy at the moment cause he tore the ligaments in his anle and the scar tissue didnt repair properly so he has to have ultra sounds every tuesday and thursday. He hasnt played for 6 weeks so demon davey u r full of ******** and u r a complete ********er!!!!
wrecked

I think you lads need to just step back a second and take a look outside your own competition.

I must admit i went through the APS system...i attended 2 of the schools within it. All competitions have some very talented young players...some are already penciled in for an AFL berth, some are yet to be noticed by scouts.

APS isnt necessarily a better competition, however a lot of players from all schools (more so from Haileybury because Lynchy is reknown for handing out scholarships...) do go on to be drafted. All schools...Brighton, Caulfield, Xavier, St.Kevins, Geelongs etc etc offer scholarships to further education primarily, and if grades arent up to scratch they get the flick. Hence my reason for going to 2 APS schools. It makes me sound like a dumbass, but i just didnt care about my education, i just wanted to play sport!

ACC and AIS and AGS are decent enough competitions, however the pressure to play for their respective teams from the school isnt as drastic as the APS schools and boys that i know (who attend Mentone GS) are excellent footballers, however play rugby because they just want to play for their club side on a weekend. Boys who are at APS schools are forced to play their best sports, not their favourites....premierships in APS mean big $$$'s for schools.

So i guess you could say APS isnt necessarily stronger, its just that the $$$'s involved and the lengths that schools go to find players makes it the most "focused on" schoolboy competition in Victoria. A lot of boys in APS do get mentioned in the media for their TAC Cup duties too...so again its just more exposure for the APS.

Remove this Banner Ad

ACC>AGS>APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back