Acts that ended AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

BluenGoldEagle

Debutant
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Which players were never the same or never played again after a certain act?

I was thinking of Lance Picioane and how he was never the same again after that horrific Jess Sinclair hit. All that blood made me shudder.

Another one that comes to mind is Gary Ablett senior on Kristian Bardsley. Talented player but was a thug alright.

What ones can you think of? These are the only two that occur to me at the moment

Trent Hentschel after getting tackled by Matt Thomas, 2006 if I remember correctly. Never really got over that knee injury.

Until Jaymie Graham did his knee (and pretty much everything else) - the hentschel one was the worst i had seen. It went both bloody ways

The most minor looking incident ended Matty Egans career
(although the argument could be made that him pushing to try play in the GF/the medical treatments ended it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Tapscott stood on a sprinkler at Casey before he ever played an AFL game. Cost him his first year of footy with a hip injury and he had injuries the rest of the way until it was over.

Sprinkler 1. Melbourne 0.

The sprinkler copped a lot of abuse but I still say it was incidental. If anything Tapscott ruined the sprinklers career, he had a bright future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Acts that ended AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back