Rumour Adam Cooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing a hypothetical out there folks...
Should Buddy go to GWS would we all be happy with Cooney and Jack Watts sliding into our best 22?
Must be a realistic chance should Bud decide to go...perhaps make us even stronger across the ground?

Don't go down the Carlton route and keep trading for older blokes. Our so called window might pass and we will need a full rebuild. Start playing some young guys. Coney knee shot and Jack Watts geez!

Melbourne would want something of value in return, something big, perhaps too big for us to give. I think it would be interesting to have him in our side, but at the expense of Buddy that I have huge reservations about. Cooney would fit in very nicely though. Keep Buddy & get Cooney. :thumbsu:
Should Buddy go to GWS would we all be happy with Cooney and Jack Watts sliding into our best 22?
Must be a realistic chance should Bud decide to go...perhaps make us even stronger across the ground?

Hypothetically, yep. I think Watts in a good team would be a far different player.

Melbourne would want something of value in return, something big, perhaps too big for us to give. I think it would be interesting to have him in our side, but at the expense of Buddy that I have huge reservations about. Cooney would fit in very nicely though. Keep Buddy & get Cooney. :thumbsu:

Ideally yes.
Did I read somewhere through the BF Hawks threads that we still have $500k left in our salary cap if we need it?

While I'm on hypotheticals it would be nice to keep Buddy, lose Ellis + a possible retirement and get Cooney and Yarran.
This would make us nigh on unstopable.

Did I mention the word Hypothetical ala fantasyland :)

I don't want to trade Sewell or any part of our core players at all unless they ask to leave. Firstly I think he has more footy left in him than people are giving him credit for, and we'll see his benefit in the finals when the contests and fight for possession are much more important than during the regular season. Also, it does more harm than good to trade out senior premiership players in their last years that want to stay, when at the same time we ask players to stay for massive under their market value for loyalty (but then as soon as it appears they start to decline we look to trade them like basketball cards). What would make our players want to sign on for unders for loyalty and mates, if we we are so happy to ship them off when suddenly we see them as a little vulnerable? I'd be annoyed if anyone that has bad words to say about Buddy possibly wanting to leave for a once in a lifetime type offer are the same ones that so flippantly talking of trading out Sewell (or Lewis) outt every year for the last 3-4 seasons.

If we were to trade: On GWS and trading their second rounder. I really don't think GWS care much about young talent and second round picks at the moment. It was signifcant reason they were happy to get Gilham for Anderson. They have an amazing amount of youth already, so I reckon they'd pay overs for (decent) mature depth in their squad. They'd be more after guys like Dal Santo, Cooney, etc thought I would imagine.

100% agree. People seem to have very short memories with regard to Sewell. He was our best player during the finals series last year. Half a bad season and people are ready to chuck him out, I am pretty confident that Sewell will be a factor this finals series.

Ideally yes.
Did I read somewhere through the BF Hawks threads that we still have $500k left in our salary cap if we need it?

While I'm on hypotheticals it would be nice to keep Buddy, lose Ellis + a possible retirement and get Cooney and Yarran.
This would make us nigh on unstopable.

Did I mention the word Hypothetical ala fantasyland :)
I'd rather Yarran than Cooney

I'd rather death than Yarran.
Death would be great as a KPD. Very extensive reach & rarely loses his man & he'd be much fairer than Scarlett or Lonergan with regard to constant scragging/holding etc.

Death would be great as a KPD. Very extensive reach & rarely loses his man & he'd be much fairer than Scarlett or Lonergan with regard to constant scragging/holding etc.

Plays very ugly, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard he is usually found hovering around he back-line at Bombers games waiting for Fletcher to fall off the perch

Also, apparently he is deadly accurate with his kicking.

Not sure if its been mentioned but if we lose Buddy to GWS via free agency and then pick up Cooney we would effectively lose our band 1 compensation (pick 20 ish). If that's the case we are effectively trading pick 20 for Cooney which I think is a terrible deal.

Not sure if its been mentioned but if we lose Buddy to GWS via free agency and then pick up Cooney we would effectively lose our band 1 compensation (pick 20 ish). If that's the case we are effectively trading pick 20 for Cooney which I think is a terrible deal.

I actually forgot about that. Fair point.

If Goddard is band 1 compo ($750k salary)...

And GWS pay Buddy $1.5 mil... and we pay Cooney $750k then surely we should still get a band 1 compo

Yes you are right. We really would need to pick up two players under free agency. If we were to get Cooney and another player of similar quality then the AFL can shove their pick 16-20 compensation for Buddy up his their fat arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back