Adam Mcphee

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaboy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Adam Mcphee is uncontracted and is probably not so untouchable after his terrible season this year. should we make a bid for him? He will probably be back to full fitness next year which means he will most likely have a better season than he had this year. I would love to get him down at north. He is exciting, quick, takes a few screamers and the way the game is played these days he would be a great asset to the club.

thoughts?

Lets hope McPhee and plenty of other uncontracted players of his quality are around in the PSD.

I wouldn't be in such a rush to sign Aaron Edwards until I knew what else was available.

We should trade leigh brown or eddy sansbury or troy makepeace and our 3rd/4th round draft pick for mcphee

I think Essendon would have to pay us to take him to be fair.Surely nobody could wish on anyone else the shock horrot of having to look at that decidedly ugly, burnt crust face every weekend.

The Big H said:
Leigh Brown for McPhee?

Where do we sign!
Exactly. Get the trade done and dusted. Big H, Just add a sweetner. Sansbury should be right. We all know Sheedy loves aboriginals.

giantroo said:
Will be 10 times better team if we added Mcphee to our backline/ midfield.

Yep, all our problems would be solved, lets throw the chequebook at him! Maybe even give him the captaincy and Archer's number 11!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Adam McPhee. Absolute clownshoes of a bloke and a very overrated footballer.

Can we merge all of these rubbish threads?

fusion said:
Would Essendon let him go? They'd be crazy to let him go, and would only do it if they get the better side of the deal. A bit like offering the Bulldogs a player they were going to delist for Scott West.

As gokangas said - don't trade with them.
Now now thats not entirely true. We offered a rubbish player(I cant even remember who atm) AND a 3rd round draft pick. :) Why is everyone so scared of trading with Sheedy? I dont understand that one...... Ok so The Wellman deal was good but how long ago was that? The McPhee one and I think the deal that got us Lloyd or was it Lucas? But both of those did involve Fremantle.:eek:

boncer34 said:
Now now thats not entirely true. We offered a rubbish player(I cant even remember who atm) AND a 3rd round draft pick. :) Why is everyone so scared of trading with Sheedy? I dont understand that one...... Ok so The Wellman deal was good but how long ago was that? The McPhee one and I think the deal that got us Lloyd or was it Lucas? But both of those did involve Fremantle.:eek:

Because the wily old fox usually will outsmart whoever he deals with. I'm not sure how many players have left Essendon and still been good players. Salmon was very good for Hawthorn, but the rest like Caracella, Heffernan, Blumfield, Kickett, Moorcroft etc played their best footy at Essendon. It's just an outsider's perception of Essendon.

fusion said:
Because the wily old fox usually will outsmart whoever he deals with. I'm not sure how many players have left Essendon and still been good players. Salmon was very good for Hawthorn, but the rest like Caracella, Heffernan, Blumfield, Kickett, Moorcroft etc played their best footy at Essendon. It's just an outsider's perception of Essendon.

Plus he was complicit in keeping Rawlings away from us in the deal with the Goggies - never forgive him for that.

I'm not biting on the do a trade for McPhee theory. But I reckon the advice of don't deal with Sheedy or Essendon has gone well past it's use by date.

If there's any club with a worse recent record than us or Freo at the trade table it's them. Just take a look at some of the recycled junk that they've signed the past few years:

Murphy, Allen, Camporeale, Heffernan etc

Not all of their hacks have come via a trade, but Sheedy has certainly lost the plot when it comes to identifying real talent. Maybe it's senility creeping in, too much booze or perhaps a combination of the 2.

Through Sheedy's blood shot eyes, Leigh Brown could easily be confused for Jon Brown, Chad Jones mistaken for Corey and Sansbury mistaken for Wells.

Might just be a couple of early draft picks to steal from them yet. :)

Lidge said:
Murphy, Allen, Camporeale, Heffernan etc

Not all of their hacks have come via a trade, but Sheedy has certainly lost the plot when it comes to identifying real talent. Maybe it's senility creeping in, too much booze or perhaps a combination of the 2.

Through Sheedy's blood shot eyes, Leigh Brown could easily be confused for Jon Brown, Chad Jones mistaken for Corey and Sansbury mistaken for Wells.

Might just be a couple of early draft picks to steal from them yet. :)

Love your theory! Could you imagine the repercussions if a coach simply got the first name of the player incorrect, and said to his recruiters - "go and get me Chad Jones and offer them player X", when he meant Corey :)

BTW, I think the moral of the first part of your post is Don't get recycled hacks from Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Mcphee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back