Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Carlton

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll make it simple for you.

The Essendon fan mentality is that you have to ‘win’ every trade.

You then follow every player who has left and hope upon hope they play poorly so you can beat yourselves on the chest and say you’ve won a trade because they are no good.

BUT. If a quality player like Saad leaves, and plays better footy, All Australian standard footy, you have to save face and say the other club paid overs/we drafted the best young player with that pick/he’s not that good anyway.

See old mate Ambrosia’s bleating posts on this thread for an example. He obviously hasn’t slept since Saad left.

Anyways, it’s been fun explaining what you already knew. FWIW you picked up one player with the Saad pick, Nick Cox. Great first year. Injuries second year. Hoping he delivers for you, as I do for all young players drafted, because it’s a tough gig.
Zach Reid was the player we selected with the Saad pick.

took 200 odd pages, but the script has largely flipped from not worth top 10 to Essendon being reamed.

Think in the end it panned out well for all parties.
Blues got a gun
Dons got a rebuild pick
Saad got to the blues.
I always said Carlton had done well. Saad is a fantastic player, and also great to watch. Those years where we had him and McKenna streaming off the back line …. :'(

Saad is pretty close to the best small defender in the comp and a high level rebounder to boot. Think he’s being significantly underrated in here.
I told you he was good. None of us bombers are really surprised. We got the best compensation we could hope for in the circumstances and moved on. The dick measuring and revisionism is out of control.

Both clubs addressed a need and while he’s a quality player I’m not unhappy, last thing we need right now is another HBF, esp one who would be in our 3-4 oldest players most weeks. Reid has potential but has had a few injury setbacks which as a young 2m+ KPP you kind of expect but better judges than me have him pegged as the pick of the Perkins, Cox, Reid trio.

The biggest issue is whether Saad is infected with the collective mental fragility issues that plague both clubs (and GC too). It’ll be interesting to see if he follows the same pattern at the end of this contract or stays on at Princess Park.

Great effort from Adam to hold known dominant forward Keys to 3 goals…

Saad wasn’t on Keays from the 1/2 I saw.

Despite what some unhinged Carlton fans posts say I remain a big Saad fan. Thought he should of made AA or at least squad at Essendon as an elite two way player. Also think his offensive game has gone to another level at the Blues this year with his kicking improving especially going inside 50

Saad wasn’t on Keays from the 1/2 I saw.

Despite what some unhinged Carlton fans posts say I remain a big Saad fan. Thought he should of made AA or at least squad at Essendon as an elite two way player. Also think his offensive game has gone to another level at the Blues this year with his kicking improving especially going inside 50
His kicking was disappointing last night. Lots of short kicks or sideways ball movement. But reading the Blues board that seemed to be more a game plan thing then a Saad specific thing. Still miss his run and dash at Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun Fact: Essendon have played in more finals series than Adam Saad since joining Carlton.

Blues would've taken Reid.

Chapman, Henry, Holmes and Berry the stand outs taken after the pick. None were realistically going top 10.
Yeah some talk that we might’ve left one of the others, Reid was the safe pick and would’ve gone with him and one of Cox/Perkins. In any case we’re only 2 seasons in so hard to judge

Good effort from Adam making his first All Australian team.

Certainly thriving at Carlton
Absolutely. Being amongst a superior backline including the likes of Weitering, Docherty, Young, etc has definitely shown his quality.

Pick 8. Absolutely fleeced Dodoro. One more AA than whoever Essendon drafted will get.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

His kicking was disappointing last night. Lots of short kicks or sideways ball movement. But reading the Blues board that seemed to be more a game plan thing then a Saad specific thing. Still miss his run and dash at Essendon.

Was carrying an injury as well. Thought he’s had a ripper year.

Absolutely. Being amongst a superior backline including the likes of Weitering, Docherty, Young, etc has definitely shown his quality.

Pick 8. Absolutely fleeced Dodoro. One more AA than whoever Essendon drafted will get.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

C’mon now it’s very obvious you don’t actually believe this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Back