Adam Simpson is off to the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

if the media are right in that roos wants simpson as an assistant at melbourne with the potential of taking over after 2 years then it is an opportunity that would be hard to decline. however, if hawthorn want to retain his services, they will.

if the media are right in that roos wants simpson as an assistant at melbourne with the potential of taking over after 2 years then it is an opportunity that would be hard to decline. however, if hawthorn want to retain his services, they will.

That surprises me a bit. When he first got to the club I wasn't impressed. Seems to have grown into the role but to be head hunted as a potential senior coach as an assistant is just about unheard of!

Well, should he be contemplating this, should he be stood down? This time of year we need commitment.

Would it be put to him, sign on for next year, or clean out your locker?

I'm sure we can trust his effort to win a flag for two more games. Don't think it did the pies (?) when it happened to them a couple of years ago and they let everyone go early.

I'm sure we can trust his effort to win a flag for two more games. Don't think it did the pies (?) when it happened to them a couple of years ago and they let everyone go early.

Yeah, I figure we can. Given some of the attitudes to Buddy, just wondering if it would apply to Simpson.:confused:

Well, should he be contemplating this, should he be stood down? This time of year we need commitment.

Would it be put to him, sign on for next year, or clean out your locker?

If memory serves, Choco Williams got rid of Clarko when Clarko accepted Hawthorn's offer in the middle of the 2004 finals. I think Choco regrets that to an extent. Simpson already has Hawthorn's "intellectual property" so there would be little to be gained if Hawthorn dismissed him now. That's assuming Simpson signs on at Melbourne.

Yeah, I should have added ... how much of this is Roos stirring the pot given The Hawks place in the finals? Part of this is just gamesmanship to distract the Hawks from the prize. He's gonna have to lose his hard-on and let the swine go at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like ling at hawks...but who are we kidding? Seriously think geelongs favourite son would coach at hawthorn? The enemy. He could never show his face in Geelong again. Not to mention losing all his friends.

How would you feel if hodge or mitchell coached for the cats after retirement? Call me old fashioned but that wouldn't sit well with me.

I would like ling at hawks...but who are we kidding? Seriously think geelongs favourite son would coach at hawthorn? The enemy. He could never show his face in Geelong again. Not to mention losing all his friends.

How would you feel if hodge or mitchell coached for the cats after retirement? Call me old fashioned but that wouldn't sit well with me.

Don't be ridiculous, if Ling has aspirations to be a senior coach, doing an apprenticeship at Hawthorn would be about as good as it gets.

Don't be ridiculous, if Ling has aspirations to be a senior coach, doing an apprenticeship at Hawthorn would be about as good as it gets.

Yeah it would be good from his POV, but I wouldn't want it even if he was a great candidate. He's their golden boy. Their Hird, Buckley etc...

Geez how many assistants have we lost since 2008?
They all want in on the Hawthorn way of doing things. We produce great assistants/future seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson is off to the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back