Unrestricted Free Agent Adam Tomlinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid journeyman who would be a handy enough pickup at a couple of clubs...so long as their coach is smart enough to not play him on quick, athletic forwards like Ugle-Hagan :whistle:

He's basically St Kilda's equivalent of "Julian Draxler to Arsenal" so any outcome is kinda funny.

Honestly think we might have made a move this time though. Any injury to Dougal Howard would leave us more exposed than, well, playing Dougal Howard. Making Keeler debut as #1 full back would be a big ask. Tomlinson kinda works.

He's basically St Kilda's equivalent of "Julian Draxler to Arsenal" so any outcome is kinda funny.

Honestly think we might have made a move this time though. Any injury to Dougal Howard would leave us more exposed than, well, playing Dougal Howard. Making Keeler debut as #1 full back would be a big ask. Tomlinson kinda works.
Didn't you draft him as a Ruck?

Didn't you draft him as a Ruck?
f**ked if I know. His profile on the Saints site lists him as a key defender but specifically mentions him having previous ruck exposure, and his stats last year indicate we were trying to play him forward at Sandy, before moving him back

f**ked if I know. His profile on the Saints site lists him as a key defender but specifically mentions him having previous ruck exposure, and his stats last year indicate we were trying to play him forward at Sandy, before moving him back

It was all about his development - he is and will play as a tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. If he develops a tank he may become a full time ruckman but that is down the track.

Tomlinson makes sense for the Saints as he can play FB and CHB, for a couple of years while we develop others.

It was all about his development - he is and will play as a tall forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. If he develops a tank he may become a full time ruckman but that is down the track.

Tomlinson makes sense for the Saints as he can play FB and CHB.

I remember in that draft year 3 South Aussie Rucks were selected, 2 in the National Draft 1 in the Rookie Draft.

You guys got Issac Keeler, West Cost got Harry Barnett and we got Will Verrall.

Any rumours where he is heading?
The mail from Twomey and co is that Collingwood are showing interest but that he might not get picked up during the FA period and may have to wait until the SSP period or whatever.

Was surprised as I thought he could be an ideal temporary replacement for Battle or that there would be a club out there that he could get regular games at.

When we played them this year he was terrific.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Adam Tomlinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back