Adam Treloar vs Dylan Shiel

• Adam Treloar

• Dylan Shiel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to revisit this thread. Like most people I rated Shiel > Treloar when they were at GWS. However Treloar has significantly elevated his game since leaving (where he may or may not have been carrying an injury in his last season). His form this season especially has been awesome and he should a favourite to get AA imo. He's also well ahead of Shiel in almost every statistical category.

Interesting to revisit this thread. Like most people I rated Shiel > Treloar when they were at GWS. However Treloar has significantly elevated his game since leaving (where he may or may not have been carrying an injury in his last season). His form this season especially has been awesome and he should a favourite to get AA imo. He's also well ahead of Shiel in almost every statistical category.

Yep. Treloar has the clanger count for the league well in his sights. Hurt factor, Treloar has none, Shiel has it in spades, if you had seen any of our games you would of seen a match winner. AA, you're having a laff.

Yep. Treloar has the clanger count for the league well in his sights. Hurt factor, Treloar has none, Shiel has it in spades, if you had seen any of our games you would of seen a match winner. AA, you're having a laff.
You've made the effort to criticize people for not watching GWS games before making judgments on Shiel when it is clear you have not watched any Collingwood games since Treloar joined. He hasn't been at his best in 2017, but when he's on, his hurt factor is enormous.

You've made the effort to criticize people for not watching GWS games before making judgments on Shiel when it is clear you have not watched any Collingwood games since Treloar joined. He hasn't been at his best in 2017, but when he's on, his hurt factor is enormous.
They are both very good mids. Honestly I wouldn't trade them as a straight swap. Partly that's because Shiel has strong marketing value for us and that mattets to us in a way that that may be foreign to your club. The kids love him at Spotless.

We offerred the same money, as publicly stated by the club, to Shiel, Treloar and Cogniglio during 2015, that's the most pragmatic measure of their value. As would ne the size if the offer if the Pies made one to Shiel.
To me Shiels vision and ability to size up a situation and sieze opportunites differentiates them. I concede I'm biased because the love between Shiel, the club and it's supporters is mutual.

The thread was bumped for a ridiculous reason and you are spot on, Treloar has been pretty average this year. Not even close to AA.

Shiel comfortably, still.

Not really criticising Treloar in saying that, either.

Treloar needs to tidy up his disposal, but in saying that players who kick long whilst running flat out will always have a lowish DE% compared to average players who handball or take easy kicks.

Treloar is one of the most attacking players in the comp, a true line breaker, to the muppet who said he has no hurt factor, it might be time for you to follow a different sport because you have very little knowledge of this one.

I couldn't care less about what the stats say. I prefer to go by what I have watched and Shiel is a Rolls Royce.
Treloar is like Rockliff, terrific player but a step below in overall class.

Shiel will poll high at this years Brownlow night.
Lol, have you even watched Treloar play? He's a fast line breaker and you're comparing him to Rockliff? PMSL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the people saying Shiel has more hurt factor with his touches he trails in Goals, Goal Assists and Score launches.. Also lacks Tackles in comparison.. The only area Shiel has a clear advantage would be Centre clearances, close comparison sure, to the people saying it's easily Shiel and he has more impact with what he does, time to stop being bias.

Two years ago I would of had them on par. Shiel is by far the better player now. Shiel is simple far more well rounded. Tough, skilful, damaging by foot and a very good team player. In parts, Shiel reminds me of Sam Mitchell with pace. He has the ability to cut sides apart like a surgeon and I just don't see him make bad decisions or mistakes very often. He was an All-Australian in 2017.

Treloar has some elite attributes such as his pace and ability to break from stoppages, however as it stands he has too many flaws to be considered A grade like Shiel deservingly is. Treloar butchers the ball, no two ways about it. He just lacks the polish of the very best midfielders.

Shiel reminds me a lot of Daniel Kerr so i'm a big fan of the way he plays.

Can't go past Treloar though. I've said it for a while, but it's only a matter of time before he's one of the best midfielders in the comp.

My concern/question over Shiel is is ability to do what he does over a full game, week in, week out. Plays a lot less gametime than a lot of other top-line midfielders, averaging just 75.68% gametime over his career, and just 76.00% gametime this season. By comparison, Treloar averages 82.24% gametime on his career, and 82.30% this year.

Just wonder whether it's just coaches choosing to use Shiel in that way, as a burst player, or whether he's perpetually being "managed" or limited by fitness/injury concerns.

The most embarrassingly lopsided poll ever posed on this board was put to bed last night

Treloar off from a rushed injury treatment process - 31 disposals, 10 score involvements, 11 contested and 5 tackles

Fully fit Dylan Shiel - 22 disposals, 0 score involvements, 8 contested, 2 tackles

It was Treloar at the time and it’s not even close anymore

The most embarrassingly lopsided poll ever posed on this board was put to bed last night

Treloar off from a rushed injury treatment process - 31 disposals, 10 score involvements, 11 contested and 5 tackles

Fully fit Dylan Shiel - 22 disposals, 0 score involvements, 8 contested, 2 tackles

It was Treloar at the time and it’s not even close anymore
I'd take Shiel still. Good luck next week but it doesn't mean you have the better player.

I'd take Shiel still. Good luck next week but it doesn't mean you have the better player.

I cannot think of a single trait that Shiel has that is more appealing than Treloar aside from playing for a more likeable club (if these two switched teams, you would take Treloar). It boggles the mind that anybody would take Shiel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back