Adam Treloar vs Dylan Shiel

• Adam Treloar

• Dylan Shiel

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot think of a single trait that Shiel has that is more appealing than Treloar aside from playing for a more likeable club (if these two switched teams, you would take Treloar). It boggles the mind that anybody would take Shiel.

I'm with you dude. Trelly is 18 times the player Shiel is to me

What does Shiel actually do that stands out to anyone?

He looks awesome when he does do something good. Problem is, he often does nothing at all.

Agreed. A few years ago I rated him the player most likely to breakout. He's done exactly the opposite.

The gap between where he is now and his ceiling is probably the biggest in the league

IMO Trez has always been the equal or superior player.

2016 was when you could argue either way, before that it was Treloar and after 2016 it is Treloar.

Still, both close enough that Dylan could overtake in a couple of seasons but he's a bit behind now IMO.

Treloar unless Shiel nominates us. I’ll come back to this thread every time Shiel has a good game to give it to any Collingwood hater.

If not, then Treloar has more impact on the game.

Treloar comfortably.

Shiel is like a BMW that keeps breaking down.

Treloar is like a Mazda that is more consistent, reliable and just gets the job done.

Being the fact that Shiel is a BMW means he could become the better player but Treloar has him for now.

The results in this poll are actually shocking.

Not only is Treloar comfortably the better player to be going at 26% of the votes is ridiculous.

Maybe 2 years ago was different, would hope if this poll was started today it would be 75%+ Treloar's way.
He is actually a good user of the ball now which he battled with a couple of years ago and that was about his only weakness at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it was much different two years ago, besides the fact Treloar was a new Collingwood player. Besides Shiel having the appearance of a Rolls Royce, Treloar was always at least equal with him in all areas.

The results in this poll are actually shocking.

Not only is Treloar comfortably the better player to be going at 26% of the votes is ridiculous.

Maybe 2 years ago was different, would hope if this poll was started today it would be 75%+ Treloar's way.
He is actually a good user of the ball now which he battled with a couple of years ago and that was about his only weakness at the time.

Shiel would probably still win purely because he doesn’t play for Collingwood.

I'm so happy to have Shiel join us, and if it takes a player of Treloars quality to be better than Shiel, that I can't complain about.
Treloar has become a gun and hoping Shiel follows suit at Essendon.

Not surprised to see recent posts praising Treloar and fair enough. I think Shiel is every chance to improve with more time as an inside mid than he got at GWS but that's just my biased opinion.

Not surprised to see recent posts praising Treloar and fair enough. I think Shiel is every chance to improve with more time as an inside mid than he got at GWS but that's just my biased opinion.
I cant forget the second half of 2015. With Shiel and Scully out we completely lost the capacity to transition outside. Treloar was winning the ball inside and roosting it downfield to prevent a rolling scrum constantly. Shiel has always had better vision and been the more creative.

Shiel didn't lack inside time for his career with us except last year when team needs meant he had to play outside, as did Kelly when he was fit.

Shiel was equal first at the club for clearances in 2016, 2nd in 2017 and an AA mid that year. Treloar has yet to achieve that. It's rare for a player t8 tajeona new role and not take time to adjust.

They're both very good inside mids, and there's not a lot between them, but I'd take Shiel's creativity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back