Add 3 players from the Past

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, did Terry Daniher kill someone at Windy Hill? Only one nomination, and thats by me, an interloper! :D

I guess they see Lucas as being able to do the job at CHF.

Anyway my three.
Simon Madden - Sensational ruckman , great mobility and able to kick goals as a forward.
Terry Daniher - able to play KP both ends of the ground.
Darren Williams - hard inside mid with very good skills.

1 forward, a centre and a back for me:

John Coleman: my old man saw him play and he said Coleman had more talent in his body than any other footballer he's seen, Ablett included. A legend around Windy Hill. Essendon's Bradman. Our forward line would be unstoppable with Coleman in it.

Leon Baker: met Bakes before he came to Windy Hill when he was still playing for Swans in Perth - my cousin was playing with him at that stage. Had that 'X' factor as a centreman and was the only one I saw really dominate against the great Hawks midfield of the early-mid 80's. Just a great player whose Essendon career was but a cameo. We need an in and out style player in the guts and Baker is it for me.

Gavin Wanganeen circa 1993: had to go an aboriginal with this choice. Could have gone Madden instead because our ruck stocks are a bit sparse, but Wanga it is. Low centre of gravity, always broke tackles and was as elusive as a greasy eel in his first season. Didn't have 'breakaway' pace but always found himself in space and used the ball to perfection. Had a knack of kicking goals as well when he followed his man down to our forward line.

Edit: just seen the stipulation that it had to be a player from 80-2000, but I'm sticking with Coleman!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gotta harden up.

Merret
T. Daniher
Hardwick

Do you need some pool chalk to help sharpen up those elbows? ;)

istockphoto_1156115_snooker_pool_chalk.jpg

Simon Madden
Sean Wellman
Billy Duckworth
That's a very astute call
With Knights "emphasis on skills", & call for a "tall running defender", & now 2 PSD spots... how old's Sean these days?:D

1. Sean Wellman
2. J Hird - of course
3. D Hardwick - to add hardness to our wicks

& it says something that 2 of these guys are defenders... this has been our achilles for far too long

Of those I've seen...Hird, Long and Watson (my 3 favourites of all-time)!!

Baker, Bomber, Harvs, Mercs and TD would also be nice :)

On a needs basis, Madden or Fish would be pretty handy in the ruck...but I'm hopeful Chook will continue to improve and Hille will step up in 08.

Of those I wish I'd seen...Coleman, Reynolds and Hutchy are the 3 most obvious choices.

Id' also be putting my order in for a 20 year old Fletch :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Add 3 players from the Past

Remove this Banner Ad

Back