Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

You're paying about the same in any pub and perhaps slightly more at the shop. Regarldess, we still have an awesome up and coming craft scene which was more my point rather than 'coopers is s**t'

What are the best craft breweries in Adelaide/SA? I'll try and include a few in my next Beer Cartel order.

What can you do in Melbourne or Sydney you can't do here? Never understood this

We have all the same stuff with less people getting in the way. Opera houses and bridges don't count as who really gives a f*ck about either?
Have a conversation with someone who can count past 20

"craft beer scene", cringe. Give me Coopers over this craft beer nonsense also. It's all the same fruity rubbish with different labels...

Funnily enough....coopers have presented a new beer for the first time at the last couple of GABS

They are trying to reposition themselves as a craft beer brewery.....

What are the best craft breweries in Adelaide/SA? I'll try and include a few in my next Beer Cartel order.

Mismatch, Big Shed, Pirate Life, Smiling Samoyed, Lady Burra, Fox Hat, Little Bang, Prancing Pony just off the top of my head. If you can't find a beer you like at each brewery then you don't know beer.

Mismatch, Big Shed, Pirate Life, Smiling Samoyed, Lady Burra, Fox Hat, Little Bang, Prancing Pony just off the top of my head. If you can't find a beer you like at each brewery then you don't know beer.

Have tried Pirate, Big Shed, Fox Hat and Little Bang. The Fox Hat Red Pelt is next level.

Let's not call Pirate Life a craft beer when they are owned by AB InBev.
At this point like half the craft beer brands (slight exaggeration) are owned by Carlton/Lion. Plus also the fake craft brands like Frothy and Matilda Bay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have tried Pirate, Big Shed, Fox Hat and Little Bang. The Fox Hat Red Pelt is next level.

Haven't tried that one and I love a good red ale. Coming out of the colder months now but Sweet Amber brewery do an amazing chocolate stout - probably the best I've ever tasted. There's another brewery, Sweet Amber.

At this point like half the craft beer brands (slight exaggeration) are owned by Carlton/Lion. Plus also the fake craft brands like Frothy and Matilda Bay.
So just because they sold out means it isn't a craft beer anymore ? Bit of a stretch.
I think independence is a crucial component if you want to be labelled craft. Just my humble opinion. Doesn't mean they make a bad beer.

A good resource... http://iba.org.au/

Matilda Bay WAS a genuine craft brewery once. One of the first actually. And they make Frothy.
Fake ones, or ones that feel manufactured are more like John Boston and Steamrail that are owned by Coles and Woolies.

West End Draught is by far the biggest selling beer in S.A and on tap it is actually pretty good,
Quality Hops from Yorkes can't go wrong 👍
Oh and for the craft lovers James squire lashes shyts on coopers pale ale.

West End Draught is by far the biggest selling beer in S.A and on tap it is actually pretty good,
Quality Hops from Yorkes can't go wrong 👍
Oh and for the craft lovers James squire lashes shyts on coopers pale ale.
The only good squire beers are the porter and the american pale. Amber is ok from the tap but lashes tastes like a convict's arseh*le

So just because they sold out means it isn't a craft beer anymore ? Bit of a stretch.
Not at all.

Still craft beers with independent recipes. The bit I’m lost on is how or why you are selling this up and coming movement as an attraction for Adelaide? I think you might find that craft beer enthusiasts are well served in Victoria, NSW, WA, New Zealand, most states of America, most European countries etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back