Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wont happen, sadly a few years after the Crows joined the AFL the AFL made a ruling that everything had to be uniform so the red point posts had to go.
Well, that's a bummer :( Why are they even red there?

MCG_wideweb__470x260,0.jpg

Bumper crowd at the G there.

I like it, but it seems a lot of effort to constantly be updating the other games when it could be done on the video screens periodically, as it is now. I liked how they had a message there on the right side for the Port game a couple of years back, why not keep doing that? The club could manage it, or, better yet, allow the cheersquad to, so it could be like a second, permanent banner. Then you could have things like:

PORT ADELAIDE
CONGRATULATES
KANE CORNES
ON 255 GAMES

PORT ADELAIDE
AT ADELAIDE OVAL
CELEBRATING 143 YEARS
OF SUCCESS

GRAHAM JOHNCOCK
CONGRATULATIONS
ON A WONDERFUL
CAREER

WELL DONE
RORY LAIRD
RD 20 RISING STAR

Maybe throw in a sponsor message at the bottom as well. I think that would work great. Doesn't need to be updated, but utilises the space, and would be something unique to Adelaide Oval.

I like it, but it seems a lot of effort to constantly be updating the other games when it could be done on the video screens periodically, as it is now.
Would probably be done as it's done at SANFL games.
Changed at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 time and if he can be ****ed, full time.

I like it, but it seems a lot of effort to constantly be updating the other games when it could be done on the video screens periodically, as it is now. I liked how they had a message there on the right side for the Port game a couple of years back, why not keep doing that? The club could manage it, or, better yet, allow the cheersquad to, so it could be like a second, permanent banner.

Maybe throw in a sponsor message at the bottom as well. I think that would work great. Doesn't need to be updated, but utilises the space, and would be something unique to Adelaide Oval.

Yeah that's another option. I just like the fact that the scoreboard can give such a concise summary of a cricket match, and figured it could be used similarly for footy.

If anyone could take a few minutes out of their time to do this survey that would be great :)

The survey reads to me that you still want to stay at AAMI stadium. If that's not the case, please correct me.

I would like to know the percentage of Power/AAMI stadium members wanting to stay at AAMI stadium and the percentage of Crows/AAMI stadium members wanting to stay there. Just from the (very scientific) vibe it feels like a lot more Crows supporters want to stay at AAMI stadium (as a percentage, as I know they have a bigger membership base)

The survey reads to me that you still want to stay at AAMI stadium. If that's not the case, please correct me.

I would like to know the percentage of Power/AAMI stadium members wanting to stay at AAMI stadium and the percentage of Crows/AAMI stadium members wanting to stay there. Just from the (very scientific) vibe it feels like a lot more Crows supporters want to stay at AAMI stadium (as a percentage, as I know they have a bigger membership base)

Personally I want to move to Adelaide Oval, I just think it will be better. I'm in yr 11 so this is for my research project. I cant tell you the amount of crows or port supporters that want to move to AO but at the moment on the whole around 60% of people would rather remain at AAMI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I want to move to Adelaide Oval, I just think it will be better. I'm in yr 11 so this is for my research project. I cant tell you the amount of crows or port supporters that want to move to AO but at the moment on the whole around 60% of people would rather remain at AAMI.
Now that I know the purpose of the survey I'll do it for you.

Why?

Because people can't accept change. The old people still want to sit around before the game and have a bbq in the car park. They are too scared of catching public transport to Adelaide Oval. They are all set in their ways.

They don't understand that AAMI stadium is a shithole and Adelaide Oval is the best thing that will ever happen here in SA.

Footy in the city will be fantastic, people will be able to go the pubs after the game or have a meal somewhere.

That is why things here in South Australia are so sad, 90% of people don't like progress and are more than happy to keep doing the same thing each year which is total BS.

And even when the decision has been made and the stadium is half built South Australians will still bitch and moan and tell they're grandkids that 'They should of stayed at AAMI is what I reckon'. Its like the trams returning to the city all over again. The nuff nuffs lost their shit over that and once they were in place and running the bitching stopped cos everyone saw how good they were for the city.

Slowly but surely the governments in this state are starting to pay less attention to these nuff nuffs. The fact that they are almost ready to sack and bin the entire Adelaide City Council in favour of a capital city authority is proof of that.

Think I just saw a design flaw.
http://afc.io-media.com/#
Go to 537H, look straight down.
Ahhhhhhhh, wouldn't it be nice to offer a seat next to the disabled seat?
If someone's in a wheelchair, where would an able bodied person who is going with them sit?

Incase you guys would like to know the results from my survey:

Should AFL be played at AAMI or AO?
AAMI - 30%
AO - 55%
Impartial - 15%

70% believe it will revitalise the city centre
28% believe a completely new stadium should have been built
52% will be more likely to attend events at AO compared to AAMI. (keep in mind the majority of the 48% who said no also said they would support their team wherever they go)
31% are concerned about cricket and football sharing a stadium

Still time to do the survey, remember this is for my research project so its not just a pointless survey
http://www.surveymonkey.com/analyze/?survey_id=43252377

AAMI - 30%
AO - 55%
Impartial - 15%

52% will be more likely to attend events at AO compared to AAMI. (keep in mind the majority of the 48% who said no also said they would support their team wherever they go)

Still time to do the survey, remember this is for my research project so its not just a pointless survey
Forgot the questions. I went.

Wont revitalise the city - makes no difference for 6 days a week, while all that changes on the other day is a different crowd (Rowdy football fans will drive away more reserved people who'll want to have a peaceful dinner)
Shouldn't have built a new stadium - Liberal alternative would've crippled this states budget more so.
I was in the 48% who said would go no where.
and I think I went with I am concerned, but you didn't ask why. It was due to the AFL bringing forward the start date making a clash, I was then going to write that if the Redbacks move to Glenelg Oval, I instantly become not concerned.

AAMI - 30%
AO - 55%
Impartial - 15%

Thanks Zaca275. Can you break down the results into Port / Crows for those who identified a team. Would be interested to know from your sample (how many is in your sample), which supporters prefer which stadium.

Because people can't accept change. The old people still want to sit around before the game and have a bbq in the car park. They are too scared of catching public transport to Adelaide Oval. They are all set in their ways.

They don't understand that AAMI stadium is a shithole and Adelaide Oval is the best thing that will ever happen here in SA.

Footy in the city will be fantastic, people will be able to go the pubs after the game or have a meal somewhere.

That is why things here in South Australia are so sad, 90% of people don't like progress and are more than happy to keep doing the same thing each year which is total BS.

This is coming from the state the had such brilliant vision as building a one way freeway. I am tipping everyone was saying the same thing when they were building football park and leaving Adelaide Oval back in the 70's

Red behind posts are a pain in the a$$ for working out which side of the post a red ball goes when it's moving quickly.

Doesn't even have to be the full behind post in red, just the tips would be enough for South Australians to know it is a nod to tradition. Shouldn't be an issue really, they have it at Aurora.
aurora_stadium.jpg

Doesn't even have to be the full behind post in red, just the tips would be enough for South Australians to know it is a nod to tradition. Shouldn't be an issue really, they have it at Aurora.
aurora_stadium.jpg
I'm not sure why. When they've been used previously it's been due to there being nothing behind the posts and players feeling they couldn't target them easily. Used during the MCG redevelopment for example. They're used at Aurora where there's a grandstand behind the bottom 75% of the post heights but not at Manuka where there's basically nothing. It's strange. And they look strange. Stick with white I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back