Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No way.

Hobart (if they get one) and then Perth at the WACA as the worse.

Yeah not including Hobart but the Perth test is way better than Brisbane, the Brisbane test apart from in Ashes series (because of the build up) are so stale in my opinion.

The WACA wicket itself makes the Perth test better than Brisbane

Not really.

Shane Keith Warne was never a good player at the WAKA but was a star in Brisbane.

We haven't really had any gun quicks since Dizzy and McGrath and the Perth test have been boring but this is just my opinion.

Not really.

Shane Keith Warne was never a good player at the WAKA but was a star in Brisbane.

We haven't really had any gun quicks since Dizzy and McGrath and the Perth test have been boring but this is just my opinion.

I will give you something and that is Mitchell Johnson better not play this WACA test

We gotta remember the people who are organising the 2014-15 Test Summer are not the same people organising the 2015 World Cup. So any "payment" for missing out on this or that counts for nothing really as one is organised by Cricket Australia and the other by the ICC.

We just have a hope if the Australian team finishing in the right spot for a quarter final game.

Test has to be in Adelaide.

yep test has to be in adelaide. nothing worse then the hype leading up to a test series, only to watch kevin mitchell jr on his tractor and highlights packages.

australia has to finish in the top 4 of their group to make the QF. the group is: England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand and Qualifiers 2 & 3. if we let the bangers or namibia finish above us it will be a sad day for australian cricket. as far as i understand it, it wont matter whether we finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, our QF will be at adelaide oval.

yep test has to be in adelaide. nothing worse then the hype leading up to a test series, only to watch kevin mitchell jr on his tractor and highlights packages.

australia has to finish in the top 4 of their group to make the QF. the group is: England, Australia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand and Qualifiers 2 & 3. if we let the bangers or namibia finish above us it will be a sad day for australian cricket. as far as i understand it, it wont matter whether we finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, our QF will be at adelaide oval.

Not according to this. Adelaide Oval quarter final is between 3rd in group A (our group) and 2nd in group B.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Cricket_World_Cup#Quarter-finals

Not according to this. Adelaide Oval quarter final is between 3rd in group A (our group) and 2nd in group B.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Cricket_World_Cup#Quarter-finals
Perhaps they're flexible fixtures - they'll want to play any New Zealand quarter final at Westpac on the 21st March too.
Fact remains there are more venues in Australia than Australia pool matches. Except for the New Zealand v Australia match, there were no more to give out. Had to have a NZ v Aus match beause we're in the same pool and they're done based on rankings.

Matches must but changeable, as the press release was definitely "If Australia qualify for the quarter-finals, they will play that game at Adelaide Oval."

Should Australia make the semi-finals, they will play that match at the SCG unless they come up against New Zealand, in which case the team finishing higher in the pool stage will have home ground advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When down to Alberton to change my seat at Adelaide oval to get told Port Adelaide is calling everyone who is in a wheelchair.

Next photo installation!!
Pitch bays ready :)
n7z3.jpg

I believe this is where the northern goal posts will be:
5bu6.jpg

q5sc.jpg

And the media centre looking so much more media centre-like with a glass facade now. What will it be used for in summer though?
9jny.jpg

And the media centre looking so much more media centre-like with a glass facade now. What will it be used for in summer though?
9jny.jpg
Perhaps some VIP suites?
4-5 people in each commentary booth with a personal butler?

Perhaps some VIP suites?
4-5 people in each commentary booth with a personal butler?
Was more wondering whether print media will use it during cricket season, when the TV and radio commentary is in the southern stand, and vice-versa during footy season.

I believe this is where the northern goal posts will be:
5bu6.jpg

q5sc.jpg
OK so I've been thinking. It's been annoying me heaps.

How can the media etc keep saying that the field will be a similar length to AAMI?!
The ground is just as long as it was before.
The goals, as we can see, are only 5m-ish in from the fence.
Fence-to-fence AO is 190m-ish long
Take 5-6m at each end, looking at 178-180m long goal-to-goal, which is longer than AAMI's 165m goal-to-goal, the MCG's & Etihad's 160m-ish.

Subiaco, on the other hand, is 175m long, and ANZ & Simmonds Stadium are both 170m long.
So really, we're looking at a ground just as long and slightly wider than Subiaco. Where everyone is getting this 165m-long thing, I don't know. Becuase clearly the goals aren't going to be 5kms in from the fence!

/Rant.

Have they removed the few rows of red seats in front of the members' dining room? Or is it just the angle of the photo?

They did. From what I get out of the seating plan from PAFC, it appears it will become corporate boxes of some sort. As for the top deck of the members, looks like they lost hardly any rows of seats to the media centre which is good

They did. From what I get out of the seating plan from PAFC, it appears it will become corporate boxes of some sort. As for the top deck of the members, looks like they lost hardly any rows of seats to the media centre which is good

That is going to suck for cricket members if true. Those were the best seats in the house (reserved for 50+ year members I think) and the boxes would presumably block the view of the ground from the dining room.

That is going to suck for cricket members if true. Those were the best seats in the house (reserved for 50+ year members I think) and the boxes would presumably block the view of the ground from the dining room.

They couldn't block the view from the dining room surely! They make a fair bit of money out of hiring it out for functions, it's quite popular from what I'm told.

If thats true about the area in front of the Members Dining Room I would think/hope its just small sections slightly sectioned off and a bit more comfortable for corporate groups etc. AAMI has them for 6 or 8 people in the members don't they? I'm only over that side once or twice a year.

Personally probably rather it left as is, although footy doesn't have the 50 year supporters, probably could of offered it to founding AAMI members in our season. That said I will be on the other side so doesn't effect me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back