Preview Adelaide vs Fremantle Sunday 20th March 1:10 pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi

Alan one of our Training Watchers and a Dockers Member is 60yrs old tomorrow and he is flying to Adelaide to watch the Dockers and Crows game. He would like to sit with the Dockers Cheer Squad. Can anyone please confirm what end of the Ground does the Dockers Cheer Squad sit at Adelaide Oval.

Last time around Adelaide outplayed us in the first half last and prob could of won except for some poor goal kicking and some just laughable turovers in their forward half. Tabs is a huge out for us, he kicked 4 last time. I think the Crows pinch this one.

Last time around Adelaide outplayed us in the first half last and prob could of won except for some poor goal kicking and some just laughable turovers in their forward half. Tabs is a huge out for us, he kicked 4 last time. I think the Crows pinch this one.
It's their home game and we rarely win there so "pinch it" probably isn't how I would put it.

We have had a really good pre-season and should be showing substantial improvement this season. I don't see a better opportunity for an away win this year.

If we don't have a contingency plan for Taberner being injured then the wrong blokes are running the club.

I watched the first quarter of Adelaide's AAMI game against Port for some unknown reason?!? FFS my eyes are burning. Both teams were a steaming pile of shit. I thought our game against West Coast wasn't great but they clearly said "hold my beer" and redefined 'being shit'.

Lachie Jones was Adelaide's best player. He plays for Port Adelaide if you didn't know. I lost count of the free kicks paid to Adelaide, I'd guess 15 in just one quarter but not once did I see that lead to a score. A few times they led to a shot at goal but they were either out on the full or didn't make the distance.

I'm not sure if it improved after quarter time but if they play like that come Rd 1 and we don't smash them I'll be pissed off. But pre-season means nothing so best not to make any grand predictions.

J Lo got it wrong again with the amount of height in the forward.

Treacy and Lobb with a bunch of short people is going to get murdered in the air.
The Crows backline is ok but hardly dominant.

Our forward pressure should be really good, I expect to see really good lowering of the eyes and using all of our forwards.

As long as Lobb is stopping the long kick in from being intercepted it’ll be tough for the crows.

I think Treacy will be leading up to the ball a lot, or trying to get out the back, which might work well to draw taller defenders away from Lobb.

If they do isolate Lobb he can be dangerous, it’s when he is getting bodied by one and another is intercepting he looks useless.

But really I expect the game to be won or lost in the midfield, a lot like the opening two games have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows backline is ok but hardly dominant.

Our forward pressure should be really good, I expect to see really good lowering of the eyes and using all of our forwards.

As long as Lobb is stopping the long kick in from being intercepted it’ll be tough for the crows.

I think Treacy will be leading up to the ball a lot, or trying to get out the back, which might work well to draw taller defenders away from Lobb.

If they do isolate Lobb he can be dangerous, it’s when he is getting bodied by one and another is intercepting he looks useless.

But really I expect the game to be won or lost in the midfield, a lot like the opening two games have been.
In the contesting marking Crows will engage Treacy and Lobb with the third tall defender intercepting.

Crows knowing we don’t a lot of tall options will sweat on our midfielders and backs. Therefore the turnover intercept mark.

The big plus on the team sheet is our defence. Adelaide might win the contests around the stoppages but we have Cox and Pearce plus the rebound there with Ryan, Chapman, Clark, and Young.

Win the ball back in D50 and we have the players that can cut through the centre and deliver.

Unknown for me is how much will we feel the pressue Adelaide will bring compared to the weak opposition we've played in the pre-season games. Then factor in this being an away game with the crowd being able to affect the compoure of players and umpires, and the general rusty round 1 skills.

Can we get it to the next line of ball users in the midfield and also to the likes of Walters, Henry, Frederick, Switkowski to set up for Lobb, Treacy, Schultz to contest?

I think there's just enough creative talent forward of the centre but if we can't get our ball movement going and play attractive attacking football I think we can still win with a tight defence if its a close low scoring game.

There'll be Banfield, Acres and Fyfe, plus Fredrick is no midget. What's your suggestion?
Looks like Banfield for the emergency now that Tucker is getting a game but yes the other three can be a third tall, could also add Brodie to that list not that I saw him forward all that often in the preseason but he was said to be good overhead when resting forward.

I was fairly happy to see the team be able to switch gears and gameplan based on the pressure.
Game was highly contested, go into a kick/mark game and work it forward.
As soon as the opposition dropped slightly, run and gun.

Just need to see it translate to the real stuff now.

could also add Brodie to that list not that I saw him forward all that often in the preseason
This was one of the disappointing aspects of the preseason for me. Need to know how he plays at half forward if he's going to regularly feature in the same side as Fyfe and Mundy.

Forecast is around 30C for most of Sund arvo in Adelaide.

Who could be a bit short of preparation in our side? Tucker, Treacy, Lobb and Mundy possibly?

30C is really a doddle compared to the temperatures they've trained in over summer. Nix saying he'd like it even hotter.

LOL

Senior Coach Matthew Nicks implored Crows fans to get along to the game and see the reinvigorated Adelaide side in action.

“We’re a young group, we’re enthusiastic and I know we’ll bring that,” Nicks told the media on Friday.

“As a coaching group we look at our guys coming in and we’re confident they’ll come and perform.

“It will be a beautiful day at Adelaide Oval, it’s just outstanding the deck. Our Members and supporters should get along - footy’s back, it’s 100 per cent capacity and our guys are ready to go.”

If that's not waving the white flag I don't know what is.

In the contesting marking Crows will engage Treacy and Lobb with the third tall defender intercepting.

Crows knowing we don’t a lot of tall options will sweat on our midfielders and backs. Therefore the turnover intercept mark.

To me, “medium” forwards with good leap, are equal to tall forwards.

Someone like Freddie gets just as high as Lobb / Tabs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back