Adopted team during Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as Hawthorn or Freo don't win it I'm good would prefer Swans and North didn't either. Would love to see the dogs win one over the other 3 teams.

After West Coast ...

Adelaide - play an exciting brand of football, had a tough year and battled on.
Bulldogs - play an exciting brand of football, great young side just giving their all.
Hawthorn - play an exciting brand of football, can't think of any reason to put the other sides above them and don't really mind the hawks.
Kangaroos - really don't like, but don't hate (it is such a strong word). Bit of a nothing team for me.
Richmond - really don't like, borderline hate. Listening to Richo's rubbish after they won a flag would put me off watching football indefinitely.
Sydney - play ugly football, have been protected by the AFL for many years (COLA anyone) and then have the audacity to moan about trade restrictions. FFS, they got Tippett and Franklin for free spending up COLA, what more could they want.
Fremantle - play ugly football and seeing Ross Lyons face after another finals exit and the prospect of a mini-rebuild ... Priceless.

I like the thought of a Bulldogs flag, that would really be something.
Adelaide Crows would also be a amazing tribute.
Allowing for the top-4 theory, assuming nobody else has a prayer. I'll back the Weagles.

Bulldogs or Norf only real clubs I could adopt and get some joy seeing them have success.
I struggle after that to get any sense of joy at prospect of others winning. Really have to stretch myself to see the good that can come.
I don't mind the Swans. Always had a soft spot for them as Old South Melbourne and the spirit of the Bloods but now they won two premierships after their long drought another premiership for them won't be so fascinating to see.
Fremantle play ugly football but it would still be enjoyable to see them win their first premiership as a club just as a new experience.
Hawthorn winning would be as interesting as bat shit to me. Clinical team and good in an era of no fantastic teams to watch but they had their fill.
Would rather see Eagles win if it came to that but as a club they do nothing for me as neutral observer.
Blah about the others clubs so all aboard the Doggie bandwagon for now.

ADELAIDE ADELAIDE ADELAIDE!!!!!

If we don't win it I hope they do. Have always had a soft spot for them and i don't even know why. Loved what they did the west coast last weekend too.

My last choice would be west coast... I probably wouldn't hate them as much as I do if I didn't remember the way the supporters and team treated us fans and the team when we first came into the competition. NASTY NASTY NASTY. Being spat on by an old man in his 50s as a 13 year old at the first derby we ever won really topped it off for me.

So if we don't win it I hope the crows do. Great team great supporters. And don't give a shit about anyone else really, ll probably be too heartbroken to give a shit!!! Lol

Just wanted to know which team if any, fans whose teams are not in the finals will follow during September?

Obviously some teams like the dogs and crows will have a lot of sentimental support while others(hawthorn, sydney) won't have much.

So which team do you want to see do well in september?

Freo - Never won a flag
West Coast - Have battled injuries and come from outside the 8 to be a challenger
Richmond - Haven't won a flag since 1980 and the tiger army under 40 have seen very little success.
Bulldogs - Haven't won a flag since their one and only in 1954 and have come from a predicted bottom 4 position to be the story of the season.
Crows - Tragic circumstances this year and are playing sensational footy at the right time of year.
What a flog......names his own team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Freo
2. Footscray - Would be great to see them finally have some success, play a great game style as well
3. Adelaide - After all they've been through it would be fantastic to see, pretty likeable players too
4. North - meh
5. Richmond - Supporters would be unbearable if they won it, but they're on the other side of the country so I could live with it
6. Hawthorn - They're not West Coast or Sydney
7. Sydney - They're not West Coast
8. West Coast - Get me a one way ticket on the next flight out of the country

If not the Swans, then I would prefer:

West Coast;
Adelaide; or
Footscray.

I hate Jack Riewoldt (such a a prat);
Hawthorn are a bunch of thugs who are cranky old men or drink drivers;
Ross Lyon has boring game plans & I can't stand Ballantyne or Crowley; &
North for trying to rig the finals draw.

If they made the finals I would hate Collingwood as well. Reserve those comments until 2017.

Any team, but Hawthorn. I will follow the fortunes of the Bulldogs though hoping their fans steer clear of the mind numbing imbecilic rants Saints fans foisted upon us when they were going well a few years ago. Beveridge should win 2 or 3 flags in the next few years with this team. I can't see how the dry spell cannot be broken at Whitten oval.

If the eagles can't win it my preference would be (Try not take offence):

1. Dogs - Starved of success, play attacking footy, good to see Stringer/Bont on the main stage

2. Crows - Massive fan of Sloane and Dangerfield, Tex is exciting to watch if he turns up

3. Hawks - Hurts to say, used to love them but their fans have started to turn me against the team, plus Hodge is just spiralling down in the respect ratings. Besides all this though, they remain one of the better teams to watch, I love seeing Mitchell direct the game, Smith and Hill creating space, Bruest doing what he does so well. A lot of their players are footballers, players who can kick and think things through, this makes them appealing to me

4. Freo - Purely for Fyfe really, he's going to make or break their finals campaign you feel, the team needs him to be firing or they're just laconic and stumble their way to victory. They haven't had success of this magnitude. I would regret this though seeing players like Mayne, Suban and Ballantyne get a medal ... oh and D. Pearce also. I hate their coach and the way he coaches, it's boring football and doesn't deserve to be on the main stage but for players like Fyfe, Mcpharlin, Neale, Ibbotson, Walters (good player but horrible diver) wouldn't be too upset for them to win

5. Tigers - Similar to Hawthorn, I like the team but their supporters just ruin the whole experience on here. Deledio is one of if not my favourite opposition player, I like Edwards and Rance a hell of a lot as well. Couldn't stand Vickery or Miles getting premiership medals though, also there's the humour affect of them going out the first week which would make great discussion for Bigfooty

6. North Melbourne - Mostly for the lols of Scott if he loses week one despite resting everyone, it'll just be too good to ignore. I don't mind their supporters, but I dislike their team for some reason. Perhaps it's because of Scott? I'm not sure. There's also Boomer Harvey who I hate.

7. Sydney - Just bought all their players, have ruined their depth a bit and don't really deserve a flag. They do have a great first 18 though so if everyone gets going I can see them winning when very few give them a chance. Would be awesome to see Buddy go berserk but ultimately, I guess I would hate to see Goodes get a flag and try steal the spotlight from his team mates with some stupid speech or ****boy goal celebration.

* The order is subject to change if any of the above teams deal the death blow to the eagles, mostly due to the fans after the game being insufferable

Remove this Banner Ad

Adopted team during Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back