AEW All In London, Monday 28th August 2023, 3am AEST (Zero Hour 2am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like you blokes don't believe me when I break news!

Good call nobby... So why is this PPV on ESPN/Kayo live, while others have been delayed? Or is that changing moving forward?

Not far away now... looks like the weather will be reasonable considering the last couple of days which have seen storms and some heavy rain.

Probably not going to be a complete sell out, but not far off.
All floor tickets are gone (including all the £1500 ring side seats), just various seats remaining in the outer parts of the stadium.

Still now not sure why Khan felt the need to book the ROH Tag Team title match in the pre-show.
Anyway, should be immense, all the AEW PPVs I've seen have been very good to great overall.

Aussie Open the first 2 out for the show - friggen love it!!

Crowd seems bonkers, although there's a lot of empty seating in the upper tiers.
Looking at the ticketmaster site, there's very few tickets unsold, so maybe those people will still turn up.

That Aussie Open theme is pretty cringe, but anyway the match is on!

TK clearly hates cars and wants to see them destroyed.

I hadn't really planned to stay up and watch this, but we're 47 minutes in and ESPN haven't shown an ad break yet, so I'm going to stick with it for now. I'm certain the replays will have ads inserted, I think it's probably easy to go ad free at 3am on a Monday morning.

No real surprises so far.
Crowd pleaser for the ROH Tag Teamer opener.
Okay match between Hook and Jack Perry, but could've been better.
I’m sure the quality of most is great but reading the results is not a surprise at all , pretty much everything as expected maybe bar one result but that is kind of standard at these international pay per views.

Thoroughly enjoyed the few matches I caught, can't wait to watch the rest later.

Looks like they might be positioning this as their version of Wrestlemania going forward.

Won't comment on the booking - never watched them for the booking anyway..... But gee - wrestling and atmosphere - really good - they put on a great event.

They def have the market to do a stadium show once a year.

Loved the opening comment from Renee on Zero Hour about Bray - really nice touch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was 5 years ago that just 10k for a (non-WWE) event was a pipedream, but 81k and the pro-wrestling record crowd? Just insane.

The AEW tag title match was terrific, shame the Bucks didn't shake FTR's hands at the end. I actually thought FTR would drop the belts and Cash would take the pin after the stunt he pulled the other day.

Liked the spot in the Stampade match where Sue in the van had cookies on a pan, and Trent used it to hit Claudio in the head.

Big win for Saraya in her home country, who would have thought this was possible after her neck problems that forced her to retire as well. Although it looks like The Outcasts might not last much longer. Toni Storm with god save the queen as her theme wtf haha.

Some of the crowd involvement like them chanting "Wild Thing", Swerve saying "whose house?", Jericho's entrance, the Acclaimed stuff and even them chanting the MJF theme was cool.

Interesting that there was no big turn either way in the MJF/Cole match, and they hugged it out. I was certain Roddy was going to be involved in some type of swerve, either Roddy screws a babyface Cole over, or Cole turns heel and reunites with Roddy and the Kingdom, or MJF shows Cole to never trust the devil etc. Maybe they keep this going with an ROH tag title run, and then pull the trigger on it later.

I also wonder how much $ Tony Khan dropped on some of the music that were used for several people.

Last edited:
It was 5 years ago that just 10k for a (non-WWE) event was a pipedream, but 81k and the pro-wrestling record crowd? Just insane.

The AEW tag title match was terrific, shame the Bucks didn't shake FTR's hands at the end. I actually thought FTR would drop the belts and Cash would take the pin after the stunt he pulled the other day.

Liked the spot in the Stampade match where Sue in the van had cookies on a pan, and Trent used it to hit Claudio in the head.

Big win for Saraya in her home country, who would have thought this was possible after he neck problems that forced her to retire as well. Although it looks like The Outcasts might not last much longer. Toni Storm with god save the queen as her theme wtf haha.

Some of the crowd involvement like them chanting "Wild Thing", Swerve saying "whose house?", Jericho's entrance, the Acclaimed stuff and even them chanting the MJF theme was cool.

Interesting that there was no big turn either way in the MJF/Cole match, and they hugged it out. I was certain Roddy was going to be involved in some type of swerve, either Roddy screws a babyface Cole over, or Cole turns heel and reunites with Roddy and the Kingdom, or MJF shows Cole to never trust the devil etc. Maybe they keep this going with an ROH tag title run, and then pull the trigger on it later.

I also wonder how much $ Tony Khan dropped on some of the music that were used for several people.

Was a mistake booking them to win the ROH title belts, telegraphed there wouldn't be any turns. They did a good job of teasing it for both of them though.

Roll-up to win the title felt cheap IMO. Still a fun match.

They're playing the long game which is the right call, but tag titles on Zero Hour shouldn't have happened.

Was a mistake booking them to win the ROH title belts, telegraphed there wouldn't be any turns. They did a good job of teasing it for both of them though.

Roll-up to win the title felt cheap IMO. Still a fun match.

They're playing the long game which is the right call, but tag titles on Zero Hour shouldn't have happened.

Can't say I agree there, I still thought a turn was coming. Dysfunctional, short term tag champs (especially considering we don't expect to see them on ROH with any regularity) don't disclude a potential turn.

Can't say I agree there, I still thought a turn was coming. Dysfunctional, short term tag champs (especially considering we don't expect to see them on ROH with any regularity) don't disclude a potential turn.

Really? It's been a good storyline (still is) and they made the right call in the main event.

If a turn came, I'm not sure how you book them together that where it doesn't do a 180 on the turn, or isn't super convoluted. Cleanest way to explain it would have them forfeit, but then it goes back to why do it in the first place.

Really? It's been a good storyline (still is) and they made the right call in the main event.

If a turn came, I'm not sure how you book them together that where it doesn't do a 180 on the turn, or isn't super convoluted. Cleanest way to explain it would have them forfeit, but then it goes back to why do it in the first place.

I think you simply have them lose the belts immediately through infighting and continue the feud.

The way it is now works fine too, but the feud should be finished.

Not advocating for one direction over the other, just reinforcing that I don't think the tag win made the main event a fait accompli.

I think you simply have them lose the belts immediately through infighting and continue the feud.

Which kinda goes back to my point, why do it in the first place. Not having it wouldn't have made the match less impactful or enjoyable.

Think we'll disagree on this one, but all good. :thumbsu:

Skimming through results and social media comments it seems like in general it was more in line with a standard AEW event or show, results were predictable. I’m sure the quality of some of the stuff was fantastic but feel like they missed a trick. With how big a crowd and the atmosphere it feels like nothing really memorable happened? I know timing wise things didn’t line up but they had Punk on the same event as the Elite and MJF and kind of just feels like given how big those situations are / were it would have been the perfect place for something to go down that was a “moment”.

I’m not sure the ending is going to go down in the classics of where were you when Takers streak got broken or Goldbergs or Hogan as the third man, body slamming Andre, Hogan v Warrior , Daniel Bryan winning the belt , Punk , Danielson / Cole debuting in AEW etc.

Which kinda goes back to my point, why do it in the first place. Not having it wouldn't have made the match less impactful or enjoyable.

Think we'll disagree on this one, but all good. :thumbsu:

I actually don't disagree with that sentiment at all, it's just tangential to the point I'm trying to get across; I'm simply saying the result of the tag match shouldn't tangibly shift what the audience would expect to unfold in the main event as there are/were still genuine alternate paths it could go/have gone.

Skimming through results and social media comments it seems like in general it was more in line with a standard AEW event or show, results were predictable. I’m sure the quality of some of the stuff was fantastic but feel like they missed a trick. With how big a crowd and the atmosphere it feels like nothing really memorable happened? I know timing wise things didn’t line up but they had Punk on the same event as the Elite and MJF and kind of just feels like given how big those situations are / were it would have been the perfect place for something to go down that was a “moment”.

I’m not sure the ending is going to go down in the classics of where were you when Takers streak got broken or Goldbergs or Hogan as the third man, body slamming Andre, Hogan v Warrior , Daniel Bryan winning the belt , Punk , Danielson / Cole debuting in AEW etc.

You are definitely reading different takes than I am, I am seeing almost universal praise.

It was a 'standard AEW show' in the sense that yes, AEW PPVs are typically at a fairly high base level of quality. But it was better than that, it was one of the best they've done. Not a single stinker on the card.

Remove this Banner Ad

AEW All In London, Monday 28th August 2023, 3am AEST (Zero Hour 2am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back