AEW All Out, Sunday 8th September 2024, 10am AEST (Zero Hour 8:30am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

The cinderblock stuff was worse than the bag wasn't it? At least as far as actual risk goes. The stabbing with the wood was a worse look too IMO

Ospray/PAC was really good. Skipped Statlander but sounds like I shouldn't have? Didn't care for the tag match tbh, main event good but mental.

I hope Bryan goes through all his former stablemates
Yuta first who almost has it won then hesitates and it costs him
Then PAC in a classic where one too many high risk moves sees him tap
Then Mox in a war
Then Claudio in a wrestling classic as he deserves the title
Mox is the endgame.

The BCC turn was heartbreaking too, great use of Yuta to sell it.

Obviously was expecting Mox to do something, but Claudio was a bit of a shock. PAC was teetering reagrdless, so no surprise there. Crowd reaction was great too! The scene makes me think of a movie or TV show, not an exact scenario, but very reminiscent of something else.

Feelings on the show pretty much on par with the rest of the world! PAC/Ospreay amazing, how in sync are they with their reverse huracanranas? So smooth, a thing of beauty.

So impressed with Willow/Stat too, phenomenal effort from both,

Yeah, everyone has a personal line, and that's cool. For mine, it actually made me feel uncomfortable. For a millisecond i actually thought it was legit. :tearsofjoy: And for those reasons i absolutely loved it. Reminded me of a really old school hate angle, even predating the attitude era.

Here's the thing, these guys won't last long if they don't look after eachother in these spots. These spots wouldn't even happen without trust and the recipients safety being paramount. There's stunt co-ordinators, doctors, all experts in their field with their input. They practice undoubtedly to know. This is not shit done off the cuff.

Yeah, everyone has a personal line, and that's cool. For mine, it actually made me feel uncomfortable. For a millisecond i actually thought it was legit. :tearsofjoy: And for those reasons i absolutely loved it. Reminded me of a really old school hate angle, even predating the attitude era.

I think my broad thoughts on AEW are they need to continue to differentiate themselves from the competition wherever possible. There are similarities that are necessary in televised wrestling that you can't avoid, buy WWE are massively popular and will probably always be, so it's no point trying to match them at their own game.

You always need to ask yourself if you're AEW, what do we do that WWE can't and won't do? There was an absolute shitload of stuff like today, from the the bag angle to Ospreay and PAC. That's one of the reasons this show felt so great, imo.

It didn't even occur to me that people would have an issue with a visual of the bag on his head, especially after what Hangman did on Dynamite.

I guess I'll accept a lot in wrestling - I'm even a purveyor of death match wrestling - but my line is things that are likely to cause long term damage or shorten lives, which is why I didn't like the chair shot.

Pre-show completely skippable. Tag title match ok.

Post-MJF/Garcia match when Garcia did the piledriver off the ropes was cool.

PAC/Ospreay and the Statlander/Willow street fight both very good.

I see the Okada/Takeshita staredown and somehow that needs to be a New Japan Tokyo Dome main event.

The more I thought about it, it makes perfect sense to have Perry get a world title shot in Chicago, the whole arena would want him getting his head kicked in by Danielson.

Claudio and Mox turning on Danielson shocking, the bag over Danielson's head absolutely sickening. Interesting that Yuta is the only one not in on it. And Pac/Claudio/Yuta are still trios champs, so what happens there?

Main event was very unsettling, the last hour of this show got really sick and twisted.

I’m all for them being different which I think they are in a lot of ways and that’s cool. No issue with the wrestling side and even the hardcore stuff it’s not everyone’s jam.

This might sound weird but I think putting people through tables and blocks, chair shots even the needle as gruesome as that can be you just say that’s wrestling. I think the bag on the head visually goes beyond that and was an extremely poor choice. Could have done that beat down differently but still as brutal and “heartbreaking” for BCC and Danielson fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mone/Shida unfortunately worst match on the main show because everything else was so strong?
It would have been solid if it was just a TV match, but on PPV standards need to be higher.

The plastic bag spot was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a wrestling ring.
I know it was supposed to be a call back to a classic in ring moment, but it's way too replicable by kids, and kids are too stupid these days.

The plastic bag spot was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a wrestling ring.
I know it was supposed to be a call back to a classic in ring moment, but it's way too replicable by kids, and kids are too stupid these days.
Better not show any action films then, even the G rated ones.

Wrestlers aren't role models, and they aren't responsible for people's children.

If your kid is that stupid that they're going to replicate it in a school yard, then 1) you have much bigger problems with your child, and 2) they shouldn't be watching wrestling.

In any case, AEW is clearly a 15+ product, I don't think a stupid 7 year old with negligent parents is even a consideration.

Only part of that would of hurt was the metal hitting his shoulders, the plastic buckled and folded away when it hit the head.

This isn’t a new thing chairs have been in wrestling for decades, they know how to gimmick them.

Last edited:

Yeah, righto, I take it all back. I still don't think the visual of it is great, nor is it necessary. And it explains why it was shot a bit strangely - cos it actually looks quite shit. So why do it?

Yeah, righto, I take it all back. I still don't think the visual of it is great, nor is it necessary. And it explains why it was shot a bit strangely - cos it actually looks quite shit. So why do it?

Didn't look shit on the broadcast - certainly had you biting and insulting others, so I'd say that's mission accomplished as far as selling it 😅

what's your alternate finish to the match?

Remove this Banner Ad

AEW All Out, Sunday 8th September 2024, 10am AEST (Zero Hour 8:30am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back