Teams AF: Post Your Current Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon you copied mine ;) The back line needs a bit of work though, the next couple of weeks hopefully I can invest in there.

Haha :D I can't have copied you as it's what I started the season off with! Only trades Ive used for backs are Langdon > Lith, Langford > Jimmy. Let's just agree that great minds think alike :)

All we need to do is move Suckers on for Sammy at the right time, and possibly look at Hanley/Dal Santo for Hibbo. Fwds are set!

Haha :D I can't have copied you as it's what I started the season off with! Only trades Ive used for backs are Langdon > Lith, Langford > Jimmy. Let's just agree that great minds think alike :)

All we need to do is move Suckers on for Sammy at the right time, and possibly look at Hanley/Dal Santo for Hibbo. Fwds are set!

Hibbo will be a good POD after this week with no one having defence cover. Mitchell in next week for me if he performs

Soooo now that gaz is out the question is do we ellis or not im leaning towards yesss !

Bahhhhh. I've regretted not getting him every single week he keeps producing but I think it's too late now. He's bound to slow down and have a couple stinkers before seasons out. I'd get him but there are so many other good options. Stevie J, JPK, Priddis, even ol' Cotch.

Probs going going Ablett > Stevie, Suckers > Dal Santo this week and have 150k left to get whatever midfield I want. By next week aiming for mids
Rockliff, Stevie J, JPK, Pendles, Beams, Barlow, Priddis, Ebert (Miles, Honey)

Last edited:
Soooo now that gaz is out the question is do we ellis or not im leaning towards yesss !

Im leaning towards yes (Barlow and Pendles I should have) But I think I am prepared to take the risk to see if he can top them. At this time of year you cant climb at the pointy end with the same team as everyone else. My POD mids have served me well so far.

All my uniques aren't so unique anymore. Going for the cash league win so strategy is low risk with a few key pods over main opponents. Makes it a bit less exciting but at the end of the day want most likely players to score highest points.

qiAJGgMh.jpg

^^Team is almost exactly the same lol.

3 differences
I got Miles instead of Zorko at M9
Boomer instead of Gray
Mummy instead of Sandi
Swan instead of Cotchin (was going to trade in Cotch this week lol)

You must be killing it mate :D

^^Team is almost exactly the same lol.

3 differences
I got Miles instead of Zorko at M9
Boomer instead of Gray
Mummy instead of Sandi
Swan instead of Cotchin (was going to trade in Cotch this week lol)

You must be killing it mate :D

Reckon I prefer your team :) that was with my trades done, did have Swan - hard to believe he was pumping out 130s and 160s a year ago.

You planning on keeping Jelwood? Came home strong last year but bit of an unknown ATM, could see him averaging 110+ or 90ish from here on out. Holding for now.

Reckon I prefer your team :) that was with my trades done, did have Swan - hard to believe he was pumping out 130s and 160s a year ago.

You planning on keeping Jelwood? Came home strong last year but bit of an unknown ATM, could see him averaging 110+ or 90ish from here on out. Holding for now.

Cheers mate yeah planning on keeping the faith with Jelwood. He looked real sharp on the weekend.

Swan is a different case. Round 10-14 he was looking like shit but still posting OK scores. 101, 114, 103, 102 i'm like ok he can ride it out at M8 if he just keeps on getting himself to 100 every week.

Since then he looks like he hasn't trained at all and has just been eating burgers and watching movies. Cooked by half time. So sad, it's like the end of a DT era.

Edit: Still tossing up between Cotch, Heppell and my Boy Ellis this week. Only got room for 2 at the end what order would you have em in?

Edit: Still tossing up between Cotch, Heppell and my Boy Ellis this week. Only got room for 2 at the end what order would you have em in?

Probably Heppell and then Cotch. Ellis is tempting! Had him last year but feel like he's a bit too expensive atm, would be worried about one of his form dips...although he has been heaps consistent lately.

Probably Heppell and then Cotch. Ellis is tempting! Had him last year but feel like he's a bit too expensive atm, would be worried about one of his form dips...although he has been heaps consistent lately.

Sif you haven't considered Brad Crouch at his price! Especially being a Crows man. I just saw he was under 450k and am already building up a fair list of reasons to get him in before Ellis, Hepp and Cotch this week.

Looked good since his return
40 poss v hawthorn
Very easy run home (especially DT-wise)
Smashed the end of season last year
Pockets some nice cash
Shouldn't cop any tag with Danger in
Will rotated between M8/M9 so not REALLY going to be relying on him to do the heavy lifting.

Con: Handball happy. I'm disregarding this though as it's no issue if he's getting 30-40 poss a game!

upload_2014-7-14_16-55-53.png

This is after trades.

Beams > Johnson
Suckling > Mitchell

But I am contemplating:
Derickx > B.Brown

and then Langdon > S.Mitchell. Which would leave me suckers D7 and a backup ruck. I wanted to wait one more week on Johnson to see if he did 2 in a row so he is ripe for the plucing now. I was prepared to miss the first rise.

Also if Hibberd plays???? If he doesnt it will be hibbo > mitchell, maybe field suckling or trade him. A few options this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is after trades.

Beams > Johnson
Suckling > Mitchell

But I am contemplating:
Derickx > B.Brown

and then Langdon > S.Mitchell. Which would leave me suckers D7 and a backup ruck. I wanted to wait one more week on Johnson to see if he did 2 in a row so he is ripe for the plucing now. I was prepared to miss the first rise.

Also if Hibberd plays???? If he doesnt it will be hibbo > mitchell, maybe field suckling or trade him. A few options this week
really nice time. Id get go the 2nd option and start working on having a premo emergency in all 4 positions.

really nice time. Id get go the 2nd option and start working on having a premo emergency in all 4 positions.

Cheers. I am not to worried about ruck, I dont think Martin or Jacobs will get rested. I traded out Sandi a couple of weeks ago because I had a suspicion (I would really hate to field Brown).

I like my POD team. My midfield is hit or miss but in total they are beating the average as every week i am climbing up the rankings. Whats your team like?

Cheers. I am not to worried about ruck, I dont think Martin or Jacobs will get rested. I traded out Sandi a couple of weeks ago because I had a suspicion (I would really hate to field Brown).

I like my POD team. My midfield is hit or miss but in total they are beating the average as every week i am climbing up the rankings. Whats your team like?
My team is awful lol. I want to trade Gunston, Zorko, suckling, jaensch and Miles. Currently all 5 start for me.

Im not sure but I think I might go Swan to S.Mitchell or someone around the 400k mark etc and Sandilands to S.Motlop?

How much cash do you have? If it was me I'd save Mitchell for the backline and go Swan to someone like Brad Crouch or Ollie Wines or someone better if you have the $$$. Then it's line ball as to whether you want to get rid of Sandi or Bird first, in my opinion.

EDIT: You have Suckers on the bench so Mitchell in the mids sounds alright.

How much cash do you have? If it was me I'd save Mitchell for the backline and go Swan to someone like Brad Crouch or Ollie Wines or someone better if you have the $$$. Then it's line ball as to whether you want to get rid of Sandi or Bird first, in my opinion.

EDIT: You have Suckers on the bench so Mitchell in the mids sounds alright.
What do you think about Mike Pyke at 290k as a backup ruck? I could trade out Rohan and bring in Pyke? as cover for Sandi just in case of that late out.

I reckon he's a pretty good option for an R3 - but spending 125k to get him? I wouldn't have it as my highest priority.
With Sandi and Freo having the rest next week I think you idea is the best. But has to be considered as a ruck 3 imho. Bargain!

View attachment 67911
This is before trades. What should I do?

Swan has to go. I'd get B Crouch if you are strapped for cash. Check out his stats from last year and his run coming. I predict he doesn't drop below 100 for the rest of the year, maybe only once. If you are upgrading to the best option JPK is a no brainer.

Wait another week on Mitchell he does not really go well against Sydney. I'm waiting another week as if you look at his stats the Swans are close to his least favorite team scoring wise (he's played them 20 times in his career lol)

With the rest of year team decent i'd look at upgrading Wright and Bird before finals. Should get 2 of Parker, Jack or Harvey if you have the cash. McGlyn, Motlop or even Duncan are also good POD's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams AF: Post Your Current Team Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back