AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Vick>Footy said:
No franchise mode?
Madden has a franchise mode in which you can adjust ticket, merchandise, food prices, and modify or build a new stadium.
This adjust how many fans are coming to the games and how much money you earned at the end of the season to use to get new players, rookies, or renew contracts.
**** I wish it was like that, in AFL games however, there is no way for the player to uprgade their stadium.

I was of course reffering to IR Gurus who always seem to note one of the best 'features' of the game being the 'new stadium designs'. In reality I would prefer no stadium at all in the background (because that is all it is a background) and better gameplay but hey that's the way games are going these days- all graphics no heart..

otis_david said:
**** I wish it was like that, in AFL games however, there is no way for the player to uprgade their stadium.

I was of course reffering to IR Gurus who always seem to note one of the best 'features' of the game being the 'new stadium designs'. In reality I would prefer no stadium at all in the background (because that is all it is a background) and better gameplay but hey that's the way games are going these days- all graphics no heart..

What system is this going on? If this is an xbox or ps2 game, I could see it being an issue, but if this is for ps3, 360, or pc, then even extensively designed stadiums should hardly take up any system resources.

Vick>Footy said:
What system is this going on? If this is an xbox or ps2 game, I could see it being an issue, but if this is for ps3, 360, or pc, then even extensively designed stadiums should hardly take up any system resources.

PS2. But even the franchise mode thing would be unrealistic for AFL. Teams dont own the stadiums and cant increase capacity or set their own prices.

Borgsta said:
PS2. But even the franchise mode thing would be unrealistic for AFL. Teams dont own the stadiums and cant increase capacity or set their own prices.

Yeah, teams don't own stadiums stateside either. But teams contract their venue to play there, and they have to sell enough tickets to fill the stadium to pay off their contract. Lowering ticket prices or food prices fills more seats to help pay off those contracts and have money for players.

RoosterLad said:
why the hell would you want to adjust the price of cold pies?

stupid

the bloody coach/manager/captain dont change food prices

Uh, cause we're discussing franchise mode in which you own a team and play for as many seasons as you can stand and have to control every aspect of ownership...
"bloody" pay attention.

Vick>Footy said:
Which is why these guys just need to sell it to EA sports, make a boat load of cash, and live on Fiji for the rest of their lives. :thumbsu: :)

I think you guys need to forget EA when it comes to AFL. The simple fact is they don't want it. It won't sell enough. There aren't enough hardware numbers in Australia.

Fiery Hawk said:
I think you guys need to forget EA when it comes to AFL. The simple fact is they don't want it. It won't sell enough. There aren't enough hardware numbers in Australia.

I agree. Did you read the discussion on Marking/Spoiling about a page or two back?

Good ideas for next years game :thumbsu: .

illnino said:
I agree. Did you read the discussion on Marking/Spoiling about a page or two back?

Good ideas for next years game :thumbsu: .

Yep, sorry guys. I did indeed read those posts. Those ideas will definitely be brought up at a production meeting.

Vick>Footy said:
Yeah, teams don't own stadiums stateside either. But teams contract their venue to play there, and they have to sell enough tickets to fill the stadium to pay off their contract. Lowering ticket prices or food prices fills more seats to help pay off those contracts and have money for players.

Doesnt work that way in the AFL. The league set the prices for all games. Although having played NHL 2005 where the franchise mode was included, I must say it was fun/interesting being able to charge through the roof for the playoffs.

Vick>Footy said:
Madden has a franchise mode in which you can adjust ticket, merchandise, food prices, and modify or build a new stadium.

Every year, Madden sells more copies than the population of Australia.

That gives them one mot*******er of a budget to play with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vick>Footy said:

Developer time costs money too.
If you have ten artists on staff, and one of them spends the development cycle on stadiums, then the suggestion is that that bloke gets fired, and his salary spent on an additional designer, who is there to make the game more fun.

That's a horribly simplified version, though.

tobes1995 said:
the option to be able to have brawls and elbows and tripping in stuff.. taht would be awesome :D

Similar to an NHL game huh? Love the fighting mode that kicks in but it isn't something the AFL would like to promote. I think they're quite happy with the mystery report system where you don't actually see kneeing, headbutting, reporting etc.

Fiery Hawk said:
Similar to an NHL game huh? Love the fighting mode that kicks in but it isn't something the AFL would like to promote. I think they're quite happy with the mystery report system where you don't actually see kneeing, headbutting, reporting etc.

There used to be fights in the older EA versions. Pretty poxy though. Loved the big kick you could lash out with!:D
Perhaps in a future release you could have a 'classic mode' where the players smoke darts and eat chiko rolls before the game and then go out and head butt the umpire (remember the good old days when there was only one central umpire???) and games end in blood baths. Good for a laugh, I reckon. The AFL doesn't mind showing how it used to be in the "good old bad days"...

shanefos said:
There used to be fights in the older EA versions. Pretty poxy though. Loved the big kick you could lash out with!:D
Perhaps in a future release you could have a 'classic mode' where the players smoke darts and eat chiko rolls before the game and then go out and head butt the umpire (remember the good old days when there was only one central umpire???) and games end in blood baths. Good for a laugh, I reckon. The AFL doesn't mind showing how it used to be in the "good old bad days"...

Agree, but isnt "good old bad days" sorta a contradiction? :eek:

Hey FH, is there better 'TV style' presentation in 2006, like in PE, in terms of showing stats throughout the game, the thing that shows which players are running hot etc...

are you able to explain anything about this?

FH, i know it won't be in this version, but i reckon a good idea for 07 would be player lock, like in the nba games. I know its different cos there is 18 on the field in footy vs. 5 in NBA, but if you have your favourite player and want to get more exp. points for him and want him to win the brownlow, if you just controlled, say Jonathan Brown, and the CPU controlled his teammates, it would be a lot easier imo, but i do understand that it would be difficult to do with camera angles and crap, seeing as though the field is so large, but i reckon it would be a worthwhile feature

goDees22 said:
FH, i know it won't be in this version, but i reckon a good idea for 07 would be player lock, like in the nba games. I know its different cos there is 18 on the field in footy vs. 5 in NBA, but if you have your favourite player and want to get more exp. points for him and want him to win the brownlow, if you just controlled, say Jonathan Brown, and the CPU controlled his teammates, it would be a lot easier imo, but i do understand that it would be difficult to do with camera angles and crap, seeing as though the field is so large, but i reckon it would be a worthwhile feature

That would be a great feature. For AFL, it would give the game a second dimension, and it would feel like 2 games for the price of 1.

But make sure you have create-a-player, so you can play as yourself, and live out the AFL career that never was. I reckon maybe by the 2010 version, they could have it in. Imagine watching the game if the coach benches you! :D

There will be a huge hole in this year's edition because of no create-a-player. Wouldn't it be brilliant to see yourself as an 18-ish year old getting drafted, breaking through for your first game, playing a few more (or play one, get dropped and get de-listed :p) and hopefully becoming a regular or maybe even a champion. I'd love it :D and it would give the game MASSIVE longevity because of the ability to create the draft picks. This would only work thanks to a Team Edit function which would be saved in the game save file on your memory card, when the file is deleted from your memory card, the teams are default 2006. I know you could make a super-team but that is up to people whether or not they want to do that. It could keep the game up-to-date.

How kick-ass would create-a-player be? THERE ARE NO CONS. ONLY PROS

Thats my rant over.

Cheers

matera

jorel6669 said:
But make sure you have create-a-player, so you can play as yourself, and live out the AFL career that never was. I reckon maybe by the 2010 version, they could have it in. Imagine watching the game if the coach benches you! :D
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: I think the "spectator" camera angle is a must for 2006/2007, so you can just let the CPU play a game and watch the action from a fans point of view.

It's a must.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back