AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else have any ideas for special teams that could be unlocked?
North Mukinbudin under 9s :thumbsu:

3. Yes, yes, yes and yes.

4. Yep.
Are you going to the wedding Meera? Yes. Excuse me? Yes. Excuse me what was that? Yes. Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes. Oh I'm sorry Meera we don't have that in England

:p

EDIT: Bring back Banana kicks. Drop punts from 180 degree angles on the boundary are gay. When you mark/free kick the ball there and you kick on the goal meter, there should be a "cut scene" or something where your player runs around and banana kicks.

EDIT #2:
I'm hoping for every player to have a state of origin in their profile so that if we choose to have state sides (VIC, WA, SA, Allies) it'll be the best 22 players rated in positions from those states. And yes, the ability to go through an entire list of the players from that state and swap them around to your liking would be ideal. Hate to sound like a broken record but this is another of those 'if we have time' things. I can't see why we can't do it however. I for one would be pumped to have it in there!
Oh yes. You can see where your draftees are from too :thumbsu: I'd love to play SOO for WA!

Any additional players will have to be for use in Single Match mode only. It's too hard to include 'extra' players into season/career modes as they have set list numbers. That's why we're looking at an 'edit player' rather than create-a-player because that way you lose a player to add a new player.

That would be fine. I think the fun of playing with an older player would be with your mates in a friendly match. All additions and idea so far sound super. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I would like to see all the different saved things go into their own individual files....
What I mean by this is have the files on the memory card split up so that Profiles is one file, Squads is another file, A Career is another file, a tournament is another file....etc
This is like how it is with the EA Sports titles, and is a good idea for saving space on the memory card.
At the moment everything just goes into one big file, including the spaces for careers and seasons that you're not even playing! This is a big literal waste of space.
And seeing as there's going to be a lot more stats saved, new player names created, edited player etc, the file size will be massive, and there won't be any room left on the memory card.
Splitting it up would definately be the go if you don't want people getting angry that AFL2007 takes up 5Mb on the memory card. What do you guys think?

Yeah, an example this morning, playing 2008 pre-season (I have a feeling I'm gunna get the 2006 fiture AGAIN seeing as in 2007 I played the Roos pre-season and copped the 2006 fixture) and Russell Robertson (2006, 2007 Brownlow Medallist, 14 votes clear of his nearest competitor Tim Hutchison :eek: from the Roos in 2007) and Robbo was palying for the Roos alongside Hutchison (who was playing FF). Robbo marked the ball at the outside port (a banana woulda sunk it) and decided to boot a torp off one step. The ball sailed out of bounds on the full.

Having to kick drop punts and having the CPU torp balls from the pocket is gay. CHANGE IT PLEASE.

Bring back the banana! :D

I would like to see all the different saved things go into their own individual files....
What I mean by this is have the files on the memory card split up so that Profiles is one file, Squads is another file, A Career is another file, a tournament is another file....etc
This is like how it is with the EA Sports titles, and is a good idea for saving space on the memory card.
At the moment everything just goes into one big file, including the spaces for careers and seasons that you're not even playing! This is a big literal waste of space.
And seeing as there's going to be a lot more stats saved, new player names created, edited player etc, the file size will be massive, and there won't be any room left on the memory card.
Splitting it up would definately be the go if you don't want people getting angry that AFL2007 takes up 5Mb on the memory card. What do you guys think?

Yeah I totally agree. Not sure if it's going to be possible though but I'll bring it up. I also reckon EA have that right.

Just finished my second home and away season. I think that the goalkickers are too dominant in the brownlow. Tarrant won the coleman and brownlow in my first year with 93 goals so he got the boost in attributes from both awards.

Anyway, for my second season I tried not to go to him as much and had my midfielders kicking a few more goals. Tarrant didn't end up in the top 10 for the coleman but one thing that annoyed me was MILNE WON THE BROWNLOW! 2nd and 3rd went to Mark Williams and some other small forward. It ended up being the top 3 in the brownlow also finished 2,3,4 in the coleman.

Is there anyway you can make it so that in 2007, disposals have more value than goals when it comes to the brownlow?

Just finished my second home and away season. I think that the goalkickers are too dominant in the brownlow. Tarrant won the coleman and brownlow in my first year with 93 goals so he got the boost in attributes from both awards.

Anyway, for my second season I tried not to go to him as much and had my midfielders kicking a few more goals. Tarrant didn't end up in the top 10 for the coleman but one thing that annoyed me was MILNE WON THE BROWNLOW! 2nd and 3rd went to Mark Williams and some other small forward. It ended up being the top 3 in the brownlow also finished 2,3,4 in the coleman.

Is there anyway you can make it so that in 2007, disposals have more value than goals when it comes to the brownlow?

Yeah we have a new system that awards points for certain acts on the field (both attacking and defensive) which determines a BOG and Best players for each team. It still needs work but the idea is to have that determine the best 3 players (for Brownlow voting) and the best 5 players from each team (to go towards team B&F's). Here's hoping it's a more accurate reflection than the old system. Also, the other games of the round which you are not involved in should be simulated to the time conditions you play your games with.

Hey Matera_goal,

Whether contracts go in this year is still up for discussion so you'll have to wait on this one.

Thanks Matera_goal, keep 'em coming. Hope I was able to answer your questions.

FH
Contracts are a must :eek: ( see latest PS2 Rugby League ) Surely you guys can find room for it as it would give you more control over building and managing your own team along with drafting system already in place.
Would be relunctant to purchase 2007 game without it:(

I agree it's essential but I know the other side of the story.

It's still a wait and see at this stage. We have designed it all but it's a question of where it can fit into our budget and timeline for production.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my main issues is when you want to play the full 100 minutes you get teams kicking 40-60 goals a game never going to happen at AFL level. I have been playing Madden 07 and I like the Franchise mode where I can control the whole team from coaching & trading to scouting and drafting. The tactic of the game need to be more accurate and the tagging jobs done by players needs to be more effective than now which is nil. I also hate the kicking downfield it seems nearly all the time I am kicking to contests as when you try to go to a teammate short it goes to a different bloke than the one you aim for. Quality players should play better than they do now as on most occasions you can have a great FB but he gets belted by a hack as they don't play tight enough. The gameplay needs to be more realistic not sure how you can do it as AFL is not like Soccer, NBA or NFL.

One of my main issues is when you want to play the full 100 minutes you get teams kicking 40-60 goals a game never going to happen at AFL level. I have been playing Madden 07 and I like the Franchise mode where I can control the whole team from coaching & trading to scouting and drafting. The tactic of the game need to be more accurate and the tagging jobs done by players needs to be more effective than now which is nil. I also hate the kicking downfield it seems nearly all the time I am kicking to contests as when you try to go to a teammate short it goes to a different bloke than the one you aim for. Quality players should play better than they do now as on most occasions you can have a great FB but he gets belted by a hack as they don't play tight enough. The gameplay needs to be more realistic not sure how you can do it as AFL is not like Soccer, NBA or NFL.

I play 8 min halves on FIFA on Professional, and still get a result of 3-1 or along those lines, which to some is unrealistic. Imagine if you played the full 45 min halves...on average it would be about a 18-6 result!

Just like in this case, 20 min quarters + time on can equate to 40-60 goals, but turn that to 10 min quarters, it is 20 goals, or 5, being 10 goals.

FieryHawk, Could you please tell us how much an impact this thread has had on the upcoming game? Like how different would it have turned out had you not set up this thread and took in our opinions? Also I dont suppose you have a rough estimate on when 2007 will be released?

I really could not be stuffed reading 150 pages of this thread so if this has been said forgive me but, in my game St.Kilda are always the top computer team with the Bulldogs always 2nd, is it just me or is this a somewhat annoying trend?

I was playing in the GF, I'm 1 point up with 30 seconds left and I have the ball in my defensive 50. I kick the ball, the UMPIRE runs through the mark, bounces off him, opposition foward picks up the ball and slots it through to win them the GF...

I was playing in the GF, I'm 1 point up with 30 seconds left and I have the ball in my defensive 50. I kick the ball, the UMPIRE runs through the mark, bounces off him, opposition foward picks up the ball and slots it through to win them the GF...
are you for real?

Wow I don't know what to say....will pass that info on to the appropriate people. That's pretty freaky tho!

I've lost the book that comes with the game.

How do I earn player development points? Is it just a certain amount for a win? Or does stuff like getting 30 touches, kicking 5 goals, winning by 10 goals etc etc come into it?

I've lost the book that comes with the game.

How do I earn player development points? Is it just a certain amount for a win? Or does stuff like getting 30 touches, kicking 5 goals, winning by 10 goals etc etc come into it?

From memory:
X amount for playing a game.
+X for winning
+X for winning by a certain amount.
divide by two if it's a preseason game.
+X for a finals game
+X for a GF
+X for winning the premiership
+X for winning the NAB cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad