Pickett got bloody lucky
McLean got ripped unless he got a mid 80
Akermanis got bloody lucky
Wells got bloody lucky
Darcy got bloody lucky
Deledio got bloody lucky
Dale Thomas got bloody lucky
McLeod got a bit lucky

haha yeah I always knew player ratings would be contentious...

Lloyd suffered because he only played 3 games last year so his durability rating took a pounding and affected his overall rating.

Pickett rated highly in areas like speed, strength, agility because of his special rating as an aggressor.

McLean I thought was pretty much on the mark in the early 80s. You have to admit he's a tad injury prone of late so the durability rating suffered a little.

Akermanis has a Brownlow rating so he's rated 100 in a number of categories. Given his age though that rating will drop as the seasons pass.

I actually rate Wells. Keep an eye on him when he gets back this year.

Yeah Darcy was a tad lucky but I had to make sure he was one of the better rated ruckmen at the Bulldogs so he'd get a game either in the ruck or in the forward line. Sometimes we have to tweak the stats to make sure certain guys are in the default side. Not ideal but sometimes necessary. I had to be lenient on his durability rating to get him up.

Deledio had been playing well prior to 2007. Like a lot of his team mates he has struggled this year. Who was to know really?

Dale Thomas (as much as it pains me to say) has been one of the better players from his draft so as a reward of sorts his rating was upped. He probably stole points off guys like Burns, Pendlebury and Lockyer who have been playing far superior footy in 2007.

McLeod is a gun. If you reckon otherwise I'm concerned. He still has that ability to win a game off his own boot so I wanted the gamer to be able to replicate that.

Hope that explains my thinking...

FH

P.S. - Guys don't expect me to explain all ratings...just doing the 700+ players too me long enough! :p

Haha that's fine. That was more than enough explanation. With McLeod, I just thought that having him ahead of Judd was a bit iffy. Goodes at 95 ahead of Judd too.

I'm looking forward to this game. It comes out in the holidays and I'm borrowing my mate's ps2 just to play it.

also thaught lucas was ripped off with 81 should be about 85 or 86
and lloyd should be in the top 3 forwards in the game unlucky his injury last year stopped him from that, also aka 90 very lucky if i were him id go buy a tatts lotto ticket

Haha that's fine. That was more than enough explanation. With McLeod, I just thought that having him ahead of Judd was a bit iffy. Goodes at 95 ahead of Judd too.

I'm looking forward to this game. It comes out in the holidays and I'm borrowing my mate's ps2 just to play it.

Good to hear.

With regards to McLeod vs Judd and Judd vs Goodes...

The difference between McLeod and Judd was accuracy. The difference between Judd and Goodes was I had to reward Goodes for winning a second Brownlow. At the end of the day though there isn't much between them but they all standout in the game.

also thaught lucas was ripped off with 81 should be about 85 or 86
and lloyd should be in the top 3 forwards in the game unlucky his injury last year stopped him from that, also aka 90 very lucky if i were him id go buy a tatts lotto ticket

Yeah Lucas was an interesting. As brilliant as he can be at times he can also be as freakishly ordinary. I thought an 8/10 mark was good for him.

Lloyd is still rated highly in all the attribute categories that make a good forward target so there's no problems there. It was just his durability rating that suffered. He'll still be an influential player for you in the game but you'll need to pay attention to making sure he stays fit injury-wise.

Haha you can't lose your ability overnight. Aker is just finding his feet in a new system at the Bulldogs. Still a brilliant player.

So FH, this time round does a B&F award improve your player?

No there's no reward from winning a club B&F award. I guess we could have had something. Generally those players are pretty highly rated already so there isn't really a point to boosting them outside of what you already do for them.

The player ranking system is very hard to keep under control this year. You'll struggle to get the same guy to be the no.1 player in the game week after week. The fact that AI defenders/forwards etc can be counted (at last) means you aren't only trying to get possessions but you are trying to stop them and the guys responsible for keeping them in check are just as important at the end of the day.

FH have you tweaked the tagging option, so they are ACTUALLY STAY WITH THEM!!! sorry but if barry hall kicks one more goal on me i think i will go insane

funny to see neitz and treadrea (spelling) to go so high ratings. if it was based on this year i would give warren around 70 and neitz 75.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neitz has done pretty well considering his injuries. He has the skill of a high 80s player but, at his age, 75 maybe pushing 80 seems about right.

What are the centre-bounces and clearances like this year? In actual footy the ball is quite often hooked around the corner to a half forward flank or the wing even yet this never happened in 06. It always went to the CHF or even FF!

BM, what's the HUD like this year?

Oh and also, do you get Jon Browns and Chris Judds in the draft this year like last year?

MG

Haven't tried the draft yet...been playing each game, and am only half way through the season.

The HUD is pretty much the same, but with one great improvement.....the Radar.
Playing in Side View in 2006, you couldn't see up the ground, and the radar seemed too small to find your players....
Now, you have an Option to have the Radar either Close or Far (or OFF)....
Close shows about 50m around the player, while Far shows almost all of the field.
I use Close, which helps a lot in finding your players around the ground....really good addition to the game.

black mamba, are there any new moves such as spins an sidesteps and is the game any harder than last year

There are some new moves with the evasion techniques...you either spin out of trouble, or give the tackler the old 'don't argue'....
Unfortunately these just happen when you go to evade....there's no way to chose when to apply either move....but it does look cool.

The game does seem a bit harder. I've only played on Normal Difficulty, with it being a pretty good contest each time...
Dunno how difficult Hard mode is....or how difficult it gets when Dynamic Difficulty kicks in on Hard Mode....but I'm sure it wouldn't be a walk in the park...

Haven't tried the draft yet...been playing each game, and am only half way through the season.

Playing in Side View in 2006, you couldn't see up the ground, and the radar seemed too small to find your players....
Close shows about 50m around the player, while Far shows almost all of the field.
I use Close, which helps a lot in finding your players around the ground....really good addition to the game.
Nice. But with regards to HUD, I meant the colour scheme - i.e for 2005 blue w/ white, 2006 black w/gold etc.

To be honest seeing your videos I found that the colour of the HUD was one of the most exciting things :eek:. Although there was a lot to be excited about in the vids.

Important question: Are you sick of it yet?

P.S [subliminal]Rig the comp. Rig the comp. MG must win. Rig the comp.[/subliminal]

MG

the radar sounds like a good adition
cant wait to play it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back