Afl 2008 quote of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

#1 Dean Bailey - "The way we're playing, we could have Jesus Christ at CHF and he wouldn't get a kick"
#2 Judd - "They're just sore from carrying you blokes for 7 years"
#3 Pav - "Sorry, I'm just telling him how shithouse he is"

And just for something original...A line Dennis Commetti came out with after Shannon Grant missed a sitter in the goal square mid-season..."Ohh he should have kicked that...but to put things in perspective, Kate Moss did break up with her boyfriend this week" --- WTF??

This was written in on of the papers after the Pies beat Richmond in round 3.
This was said in the Richmond rooms after the loss by Terry Wallace: "Alan Didak versus 19 of our 22 players... what did Didak do that our 19 blokes didn't do?" No one knew the answer.... then Wallace revealed: "He (Didak) had 12 kicks in the last quater, which is more than what 19 players had for the entire game." :p

Crawf: "That's what I'm talkin about

Eddie: "Alan Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next"

Blighty: "I couldn't give a rats tossbag"

Ricky O: "..........." *facial expression like an object is inserted in a delicate place*

An oldy but a goody, Michael to Brett Voss "My dad slept with your mum" :D

i know it aint this year, but a few years back commetti pulled this beauty

"mcdonald (?) has bitten off more than he can chew, and now he's tackled by swallow"

what a pearler eh!

also

"their defence is as loose as a magicians sleave" (or to that effect)

Yeah, loved that one.

Some good ones from the last 5 years...

Guerra poleaxed Cameron Ling in the 2004 Pre-season Grand Final. Stephen Powell stands the mark and says (and is heard to say audibly through the umpire's microphone) "You f--king got what you deserved you red-headed c--t!"

Also...

Headland: "That's my daughter."
Selwood: "Yeah, I f--ked her last night."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive noticed a lot of similarities between mark harvey and spud frawley this season....

the most classic spud quote "we difinately cant make the finals... but we can sure shape em'

harvey 'were the most dangerous non finals team'

and then on the couch harvey obviously hadnt prepared very well for this interveiew got ripped to shreds by shehan and walls

after the first loss to geelong....

harvey 'i wanna talk about josh carr'

walls 'fine lets talk about josh carr - what happened to him'

harvey 'i dont wanna talk about it'

My faves(which have already been said):

"That's a WANK!" - Blighty.
"I couldn't give a Rat's tossbag!" - Blighty again.
"Didak will be accused of the Kennedy shooting next" - Eddie.

Probably my 3 faves for the season, Juddy gets an honorable mention as that was friggen funny at the time, but loses its humour as it goes on, but those three mentioned just keep getting funnier.

Also looking back that "We're the best 0-4 team in history" line from Choco Williams is a cracker.

I think the full Judd sledge was

Selwood: Why are your shoulders still bandaged you big sook (or something like that)
Judd: They're just sore from carrying you blokes for 7 years

He must have had concussion at the time, seeing as he was only at the Eagles for 6 years.

Some good ones from the last 5 years...

Guerra poleaxed Cameron Ling in the 2004 Pre-season Grand Final. Stephen Powell stands the mark and says (and is heard to say audibly through the umpire's microphone) "You f--king got what you deserved you red-headed c--t!"

Also...

Headland: "That's my daughter."
Selwood: "Yeah, I f--ked her last night."

Not exactly silver-tongued examples there!

Good on him if it is actually the case, but I couldn't imagine Lloyd being as quick-witted to come up with what he's being credited with just after taking the mark. Perhaps when lining up on him after returning from the half-time break?

Always loved these quotes by Jack Dyer. :):thumbsu:

"If you are not in bed by 12 o'clock, go home"
- Jack Dyer, instructing his players during a final series

"Tell him he is John Coleman and send him back on"
- Jack Dyer, when told by medical staff that a concussed player 'did not know who he is'

"Retaliate first"

"I only have two words for you men - believe in yourselves"

Not exactly silver-tongued examples there!

Good on him if it is actually the case, but I couldn't imagine Lloyd being as quick-witted to come up with what he's being credited with just after taking the mark. Perhaps when lining up on him after returning from the half-time break?

It's always they teams without a key forward that start the sniping, isn't it?:rolleyes:

He must have had concussion at the time, seeing as he was only at the Eagles for 6 years.
Jeez you're harsh, you quoted a guy who's username is Flawed Genius.:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Afl 2008 quote of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back