Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

From the AFL facebook page though wouldn't necessarily take it as gospel..

IMG_3871.JPG

I think it would actually work better with Sydney in their traditional red V and red shorts (also given that the game is being played in Melbourne) - but as the higher ranked team may opt for full home kit. Will see I guess..

Brisbane Lions beat Sydney Swans by 16 points at the Gabba for their ninth  win of the season - ABC News

Last edited:

I think it would actually work better with Sydney in their traditional red V and red shorts
This would be a better contrast but for branding reasons both teams will be in their home jumpers. Up to 1 million viewers from each of NSW and QLD will be watching, for some it will be their only AFL game for the year so the AFL and clubs will want their main jumper designs showcased.

Is Brisbane the first team to wear three different guernseys in a finals series? Pretty sure they would be.

What the match-up is next week is pure guesswork.
Not quite, Port in 2014 wore the prison bars w/ white shorts in Week 1, white clash w/ white shorts in Week 2, and home guernsey w/ white shorts in Week 3. Presumably would've worn home guernsey w/ black shorts in the granny if we made it, for 4 different outfits over the 4 weeks, but that didn't happen. Brisbane could (but hopefully not) be in their home with white shorts and tick that one off.

Unless you put Sydney in white shorts and they want to wear their home jumper, Brisbane HAS to be Bears clash.

Ideally with Maroon shorts

I wish we finished higher on the ladder, us in full home kit and Swans in clash with red shorts would have been the perfect jumper match up.

Sydney as the higher ranked team deserves the right to wear their full home kit. The Grand Final is played in the afternoon which makes mostly red and mostly maroon a worse clash than it would for a night game. While the lions fan in me obviously wants to see us in our home jumper, the best contrast is for us to wear our bears clash with maroon shorts. Knowing the AFL though I'm expecting them to make the idiotic call of us in home jumper and white shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion AFL 2024 Finals Series: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back