Opinion AFL 2024 Finals Week 1 - Weekend Wrap & Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt: JUH is overrated for such high pick he was touted as a future Budddy clone.

Thus far he's just another Richard Tambling

Learnt: conflicting Big Footy hot topics at play from here, no matter who wins the flag. Either #VICBIAS is killed off for a year, or it feels like a Big Footy troll whichever way it goes if either of the two remaining Vic teams actually wins it.

Liked: Cats demolition job was a work of art, Swans came from the clouds on Isaac's back, Dogs gone - pretenders.
Learnt: Port and Blues lack character, Brisbane lack killer instinct, GWS are quite likely to make the Grand Final.
Hated: The standard of umpiring remains appalling, grabbing and holding goes unpunished while ducking earns frees.

I didn't know John Candy was still kicking it then as an Eagles fan.
Lol the likeness is actually crazy, how did I never notice that

My main dislike was probably Sydney winning off the back of one quarter of brilliancy by Heeney mostly. It covers up their weak foundation, and they will probably get smashed by Geelong in the gf...oh and Geelong winning.

Liked - NFL season starts the same week as my interest in the AFL ends.

Hated - Earning a home final but having to play it at the oppo's home ground. Screw the crowd numbers - it should have been played at Ballarat.

Learnt - The Bulldog game plan is all hype and no substance. Fairy tales don't work if you're not the underdog.

Learnt - Top 4 is settled - Cats, Swans, Hawks and Giants…Lions are pretenders.

Liked - Swans v Giants was match of the year
Mitchell and Scotts coaching

Hated - our performances (embarrassing), lead by the coaching/selection
Cam Rayner grinding his elbow into Newmans head whilst on the ground, in front of the ump, who did nothing.
Mate if the Lions are pretenders, what's it say about your mob!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked Hawks win, scintillating footy great to watch. Hawks are reshaping the race to the cup and the idea of what a young team can achieve, Sam Michell has done a great job with his young chargers. They’ll be playing in a preliminary final

Disappointing display by our boys, although they redeemed themselves somewhat after the Lions put the queue in the rack.
Lions did well to shrug the wobble’s, reckon they’ll move on to win another final yet, they’ll move forward positive and reenergized by the win.

Liked: Heeney's mark.
Loved: Buckley's saving hand that ensured a softer landing.

Learnt: Geelong are legit and far better than I'd given them credit for.

Hated: Blowouts in Adelaide and Brisbane. Didn't mind the cruise on Friday night, though. ;)

Learnt - Top 4 is settled - Cats, Swans, Hawks and Giants…Lions are pretenders.

Liked - Swans v Giants was match of the year
Mitchell and Scotts coaching

Hated - our performances (embarrassing), lead by the coaching/selection
Cam Rayner grinding his elbow into Newmans head whilst on the ground, in front of the ump, who did nothing.
Did you enjoy Newman’s elbow? Also pretenders- 60 to nil, lucky we pretenders could have been a flogging.

Did you enjoy Newman’s elbow? Also pretenders- 60 to nil, lucky we pretenders could have been a flogging.
Which game ended at 60 to nil?

Ferris Bueller Movie GIF

Reading criticism for Voss taking off Kennedy because his wife had a baby recently 😂. It’s probably why he took him off, mentally drained from the week and not up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AFL 2024 Finals Week 1 - Weekend Wrap & Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back