Votes: 48 12.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 13 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say I had it wrong on Katy Perry. It’s the only time I can recall pretty much the whole crowd being in their seats for the pre-match and the cheer at the end was massive.

More proof people want an actually famous person with songs everyone has heard.
Music was a bit like The Voice Kids but hey she had a crack.

Charlie Cameron and Tom Papley, look like they can be pretty severe on their teammates when they don't deliver.

The grand final parade captains cup presentation curse strikes yet again. The two captains in next year's gf parade will probably fight each other to make sure they are the last ones holding it.
It's a famous curse and superstition which turns out to be true.

Darcy let go of it 2nd last year

Where does Sydney go from here?

Longmire really is Hinkley but GF form. 4 straight GFs loss, two v teams outside of top 4.

Amartey was trash. McDonald really should be a trade target for JUH or even North if they fancy it.

Everyone raved about their performance against Port but I wasn't as impressed.

They looked very good early in the season but many teams were still finding form.

I think 3-4 teams will overtake them next season.

I’m still trying to process the information and come to grips with this…

How does the clear best side all year just completely capitulate by the second quarter? It makes no sense.
“Seagulls with a chip” is An anology that keeps crossing my mind when watching Sydney .

When they have the chip and are swarming they are somewhat intimidating. But if they lose it they don’t excactly structure up to get it back , just swarm around and squawk .

I think I should probably go to bed 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still trying to process the information and come to grips with this…

How does the clear best side all year just completely capitulate by the second quarter? It makes no sense.
Weren't the clear best side for the last ten rounds..Wasn't that long ago they got absolutely murdered by Port.

Coleman deserves some 💕, was the teams best player in last years close loss does his ACL and has to watch from the sideline.

Add him to next years side and will be amazing to watch maybe even more freedom on the wing?

Everyone raved about their performance against Port but I wasn't as impressed.

They looked very good early in the season but many teams were still finding form.

I think 3-4 teams will overtake them next season.
We were lucky to be in front at quarter time last week. Plus we have looked laborious and out of sync for the entire last third of the season, only
scrounging enough wins to get to the GF by playing cooked teams or due to a few brilliant individual performances, primarily from Heeney.

Collingwood were the same last year but had a home ground advantage on GF day to enable them to scramble over the line.

Elsewhere this Lurcher wrote "Guernsey number totals (inc. emergencies) Lions 577 vs Swans 510. Lions by 67. You read it here first." Well that key metric wasn't too far off, eh? Exclude the emergencies and I reckon you'll get 60 on the nail. Welcome to the future of data-driven footy tipping, people.

“Seagulls with a chip” is An anology that keeps crossing my mind when watching Sydney .

When they have the chip and are swarming they are somewhat intimidating. But if they lose it they don’t excactly structure up to get it back , just swarm around and squawk .

I think I should probably go to bed 😁
No. We need more of this!

I really wasn't expecting it to be a thrashing Brisbane's way. You'd think any thrashing would be Sydney's way since it was 1st vs 5th, Brisbane had travelled more, and had to win three finals to reach the granny rather than two. I love footy.
It reminded me of 97 and 16. Teams peaking and just ripping through oppo, finishing strongly. Doing what most said couldn't be done. Though 97 was without the prefinals bye, so most impressive.

Amazing team when we turn it on. Feels amazing after last year. Very confident we'll be here again next year

Any stat nerds able to tell me the hitouts to advantage from today please ?
Hit outs, unclear whether to advantage or not:
Grundy 36
Daniher 1
Fort 19
Mclean 6

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL: 2024 Premiers BRISBANE LIONS

Back