Opinion AFL 2024 Grand Final - Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Hated:

Rampe's speech.

Boys couldn't remember how to make a tackle.

But in true Swans fashion, Dayne of course, didn't forget to give a shout out to good old realestate.com.au. A sponsor apparently?

Good old Bloods culture has been completely corporatised.

Going to end up like the Wallabies at this rate.

It’s as fake as the fakest corporate bulldust. Thinking coles and Woolies ‘doing it for the farmers who are doing it tough’

Their players should refuse to use the bloods word till they have attoned for the 4 in a row

Liked: seeing the Lions win. They just got hot at the right time. Well deserved.
The Big O´s humility. Seems like an absolute champion bloke.
Happy for Fagan too after the shit he´s been through
Not even a Katy Perry fan but that show was very good. Pulling that off in middle of day and trying to please everybody can´t be easy.

Bad: Feel bad for Sydney fans. They been through some shit, choking away grand finals along with the and the 2016 grand final umpiring.
Thought it would of been a better contest.

Learnt: Twilight would be better. Fireworks and lighting around that stadium with some dark would be world level shit.

Liked:

That we have had a different Premier for the 5th straight year.

The game may have a lot of issues, but I love that every single team can still hold out realistic hope of one day winning a Premiership (which is something you can't say about many other sports leagues)

images - 2024-10-05T091446.104.jpeg

Learnt:

Gary Pert is the most comical leader of a football club I've ever known of. Surely, his time is up.

images - 2024-10-05T091153.910.jpeg

Hated:

The pre finals bye (as usual).

I am yet to find a single footy supporter who thinks it's a good idea, not even commentators for that matter. Just the greedy AFL and TV networks, who it obviously works for.

images - 2024-10-05T091240.205.jpeg

Hated the game, but look I liked seeing the Lions fans, Had some great interactions pre and during game in good spirits . Saw fans crying with happiness, their coach pre game interacting with the cheer squad etc just a classy organisation and fan base.

Liked: the lions winning the flag, just reward for 6 good years and Fagan deserved one. Also good for footy in Queensland.

Learnt: Sydney are mentally weak and that the gf would feel so much more special at twilight.

Hated: Another grand final over so early, bad for footy in nsw as it was riding a wave of momentum. 7's commentary and production as usual was below par. At least they put some microphones to pick up crowd noise this year though, so one small improvement.

Liked: the lions winning the flag, just reward for 6 good years and Fagan deserved one. Also good for footy in Queensland.

Learnt: Sydney are mentally weak and that the gf would feel so much more special at twilight.

Hated: Another grand final over so early, bad for footy in nsw as it was riding a wave of momentum. 7's commentary and production as usual was below par. At least they put some microphones to pick up crowd noise this year though, so one small improvement.
later grand finals might be better for ratings and fireworks but as a fan of a team playing it is nerve wracking . I was exhausted by the game started in 2021

later grand finals might be better for ratings and fireworks but as a fan of a team playing it is nerve wracking . I was exhausted by the game started in 2021

I feel you mate, about 5 years ago I use to tease my 2 bosses and 1 colleague at work coz they couldn't watch their team's live, they would instead do things like go for a walk when their team is playing and check the scores online. They said just wait till you get a bit older, it gets worse each year.

5 years later, I'm getting the same, can't handle the stress. If Essendon ever make a grand final, I'll probably have a heart attack before the game even starts 😅.

I feel you mate, about 5 years ago I use to tease my 2 bosses and 1 colleague at work coz they couldn't watch their team's live, they would instead do things like go for a walk when their team is playing and check the scores online. They said just wait till you get a bit older, it gets worse each year.

5 years later, I'm getting the same, can't handle the stress. If Essendon ever make a grand final, I'll probably have a heart attack before the game even starts 😅.
I had my stroke 5 months later . I was lucky and recovered

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AFL 2024 Grand Final - Liked, Learnt, Hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back