Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - North v Dogs Sat June 29th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North-Melbourne-vs-Bulldogs.png

18th v 11th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
NORTH MELBOURNE V WESTERN BULLDOGS
SATURDAY JUNE 29TH 1:45PM AEST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
Kangaroos

B: A.Corr, C.Comben, T.Pink
HB: J.Archer, H.Sheezel, L.McDonald
C: D.Stephens, L.Davies-Uniacke, B.Scott
HF: T.Powell, B.Teakle, E.Ford
F: P.Curtis, N.Larkey, C.Zurhaar
FOLL: T.Xerri, G.Wardlaw, J.Simpkin - C

I/C: C.Taylor, D.Tucker, L.Shiels, Z.Fisher, W.Phillips
EMG: Z.Duursma, R.Hardeman, C.Harvey

Bulldogs
B: L.Bramble, L.Jones, B.Khamis
HB: T.Duryea, J.O’Donnell, B.Dale
C: E.Richards, A.Treloar, B.Williams
HF: C.Weightman, R.Lobb, J.Macrae
F: L.Vandermeer, J.Ugle-Hagan, R.West
FOLL: T.English, M.Bontempelli - C, T.Liberatore

I/C: C.Daniel, J.Freijah, H.Gallagher, R.Sanders, A.Scott
EMG: O.Baker, J.Busslinger, L.McNeil

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Dogs by 8 goals, they’ll be firing.

Mate, every time lol

As for the game, honestly nervous. We have a habit of not turning up when a “lesser” side comes to play with proper intent. Coming off the bye, I hope we are up for a fight. Noticed the Roos can get the ball out the front of stoppages, which can cause us real problems.

Midfield battle should be good fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, every time lol

As for the game, honestly nervous. We have a habit of not turning up when a “lesser” side comes to play with proper intent. Coming off the bye, I hope we are up for a fight. Noticed the Roos can get the ball out the front of stoppages, which can cause us real problems.

Midfield battle should be good fun.
Your blokes have been partying in my head since the 90s, for some reason I have zero confidence against your mob. Bont will clean up!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if North win the inside 50 count, but we somehow scrape a win by sheer virtue of the fact we'll run with 3 talls who can all present and mark.
Liam Jones needs to play out of his skin though. Larkey is incredible and we don't have any plan B KPD who can go with him.

The crowd trolling is pretty lame at the best of times, but especially atm since both teams fanbases like the direction their club's going in. There should be 30k there at least.

Unfortunately North are due a let down performance after an intense 3 weeks. The Dogs have quality all over and coming off a bye are going to be too much. Dogs by 40.

It's interesting the squiggle likes them and the Lions as premiership contenders despite their respective ladder positions atm (11th and 10th). I wonder if their supporters feel the same way?

1719232414845.png

Libba vs Wardlaw is going to be pretty fun viewing.

There are sneaky great matchups in this game and like our game against Melbourne and the Pies, I feel this will fly under the radar as one of the best of the round if we can be competitive.

Bont vs LDU in his current form is one of the matchups of the entire round.

Wardlaw vs Libba

Xerri vs English

Darcy/JUH vs Comben.

Phillips tagging Treloar possibly

Sheezel playing off the Dogs halfbacks like Dale.

Jones vs Larkey

Archer vs Weightman after the job on Fritsch.

McKercher is likely back this week and just in time for a Sanders matchup.

Last edited:
Dogs by 8 goals, they’ll be firing.
Its rather sad that some people have to get their jollies by sinking the boot into the underdog.
Agree it has the makings of an interesting match. A bit concerned that after an away win and then giving a scare to two top 8 sides ( well they were then) and just missing the chocolates, that North have a step backward game. The kids should be gaining in confidence though so hoping for a close one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crowd trolling is pretty lame at the best of times, but especially atm since both teams fanbases like the direction their club's going in. There should be 30k there at least.

Unfortunately North are due a let down performance after an intense 3 weeks. The Dogs have quality all over and coming off a bye are going to be too much. Dogs by 40.

It's interesting the squiggle likes them and the Lions as premiership contenders despite their respective ladder positions atm (11th and 10th). I wonder if their supporters feel the same way?

View attachment 2029413

A lot of models are effectively based on percentage, or at least scoring power, and the Lions and Dogs have put away a few teams by big margins when a lot of teams haven't really done that. I don't think either team is a genuine flag threat, both will need to win 6 of their last 9 games and there are a few challenging ones in there.

If the Bulldogs are going to make finals they just need to win here. North have played very well and have been great to watch the past few weeks, so it can't see it being a big margin unless we manage to dominate in the midfield and then the talls in the forward line go to work. Flip side is that if North get midfield dominance then we're susceptible to conceding clusters of goals and that could be the difference.

I can't trust my team until they play more consistently, hopefully this is the start of a decent run on that front. Looking forward to the game though.

Bont in doubt.
Best player in the game, and hate to see champions like him on the sideline if he cannot get up. Would help North’s chances for sure, but there is still a lot of talent in the Doggies midfield to compete with here.

I am glad that Josh Bruce has retired from the Dogs. He used to dine out on the Kangas, and our back line would have mental demons to exorcise back in 2021 when he kicked 10 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - North v Dogs Sat June 29th 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Back