Game Day AFL 2024 Round 17 - Pies v Bombers Fri July 5th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

• Bombers by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

• Bombers by 7 - 20

• Pies by a lot

• Bombers by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No!!!!

Don’t sell yourself short!!!

Essendon will unleash The (real) Edge this week.

I can’t wait to see how Captain-Australis Zachariah Merrett plays when his Edgy powers are unleashed!

Zach Merret = The Red Dragon!

View attachment 2036725
I’m on edge every time I watch us play - so the Essendon edge is definitely real and evident every week 👌

Those lingering feelings over our way also - having an Edge is over-rated!
grammy awards u2 GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Must win game for the Bombers. They've been in winning positions/drawn with the Pies, so if they've supposedly improved, a win is the only acceptable result. A loss and I think they might fall out of the 8. Likewise important for the Magpies to keep in touch with the top 8. Neither are premiership contenders without a huge form improvement, but I huge for each sides morale.

Collingwood are clutch and Essendon are about as un clutch as you can get (though St Kilda owns that this year) so I think the Pies in a regulation 1 point win.

Bombers should win in a canter if they're at all serious this year.

Maynard Elliot Noble McCreery J.Daicos all potentially out for the Pies should mean they really struggle with their outside run game.

Send Caldwell or even McGrath to Nick and the Pies midfield should fall on their ass.

Stringer, Jones and Wright should be enough up forward vs Moore and Frampton to kick a winning score if they're winning the ball at the source.

Must win game for the Bombers. They've been in winning positions/drawn with the Pies, so if they've supposedly improved, a win is the only acceptable result. A loss and I think they might fall out of the 8. Likewise important for the Magpies to keep in touch with the top 8. Neither are premiership contenders without a huge form improvement, but I huge for each sides morale.

Collingwood are clutch and Essendon are about as un clutch as you can get (though St Kilda owns that this year) so I think the Pies in a regulation 1 point win.
Collingwoods “clutch-ness” is wearing thin.

Gold Coast weathered the storm, North robbed by the umps gifted Collingwood that game.

Surely Essendon will be too good across the ground (especially defensively) for the poor old Dirty Birds.

Collingwoods “clutch-ness” is wearing thin.

Gold Coast weathered the storm, North robbed by the umps gifted Collingwood that game.

Surely Essendon will be too good across the ground (especially defensively) for the poor old Dirty Birds.
Yeah I think fair umpiring would definitely help. Have a weird feeling in my bones the AFL/umps have gone off Collingwood a bit, so we might see a few howlers that go against them, and Pies fans suddenly acknowledging the obvious.

Or maybe I'm too optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty quiet out there - I wonder if there’s any chance a Collingwood fan actually joins this thread 🤔
They will be here in numbers - if they manage to get a win.

Very nervous times for our Collingwood friends…

We feel for you we really do - all those injuries!

“Why are we the only team that gets injuries”??

It’s just so unfair!😢

Bombers will be too solid across the ground & finish The Dirty Birds off.

Bombers should win in a canter if they're at all serious this year.

Maynard Elliot Noble McCreery J.Daicos all potentially out for the Pies should mean they really struggle with their outside run game.

Send Caldwell or even McGrath to Nick and the Pies midfield should fall on their ass.

Stringer, Jones and Wright should be enough up forward vs Moore and Frampton to kick a winning score if they're winning the ball at the source.
Throw in Mcstay who is almost ready to return, Tom Mitchell and Big Bad Coxy another best 23 player and you can see we are missing a third of our best 23 and have been for the past 6 weeks.

Back