Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Can you seriously not ******* play this game with a mate on the same PlayStation
I've been trying to figure this out all day. I don't think you can, which is highly frustrating. I was looking forward to seeing how it played in this format compared to against AI.

ATM we're pulling content from the original zero day patch and putting it into today's patch for all platforms, with Steam getting it first. We will determine what gets in for today by around 2pm and I'll let you know what's coming, along with the full road map.

We get crash reports here and are fixing them as they are found/replicated on our dev kits.
Why was this "zero day patch" not the version uploaded in the first place ?

My understanding is that the second button press is essentially the accuracy of the kick (after setting the power the first time).

I think it's completely broken though?
Thanks.

That sounds right on both counts. Very hard to miss but when you do it's currently hard to know what you did wrong.

Just had another game. I think when they get the tackling working and you no longer turn like a mack truck we're going to be over the hump in terms of core gameplay. Fifty things to fix after that it should be at least somewhat enjoyable.

It's a shame that the nuances of the gameplay are hidden by the issues. For example, punching and tapping appears to finally be a useful mechanic - I do believe this is the first time it's ever been done effectively - but it's hard to appreciate because manning up is the exception and not the rule. And while it's great the way the players spread, it does feel like the gameplay is a bit too suited to bruise free possession based footy. But hey maybe that's a positive if we can finally start talking about these sorts of things. I do like being able to pass the ball with a degree of confidence on where it's going to actually go, just need to ease up on the lost sheep element where groups of players stand around on their own.

A) lessssgooo! once the patches are complete I’m confident it’ll be a great game also b) Dumb question and probably not high up in your worries but will you include the updated Anzac/indigenous ect guernseys and also will it include count up/count down, real game time, in ground count up clock like afl evo 2

I've been trying to figure this out all day. I don't think you can, which is highly frustrating. I was looking forward to seeing how it played in this format compared to against AI.
That’s the most dogshit thing about this game hahahaha holy shit

This is why people are questioning the legitimacy, feels like content creators are Big Ants PA's with this launch.
Think my legitimacy just got proven..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other problems to sort out etc. of course - but noticed state leagues is under play now there. Does that mean at this stage, management mode with state leagues is not a feature in the build?

Nothing on there about management mode, so I guess that will just keep crashing for another week :think:
I just don't bother with management or modes of really any sports games in the early days because I know there will be patches that render my progression useless and I'll have to restart.

I'm just trying to make do with Season and Play Now (although I wish two player worked on PS5).

BigAntStudios I recall with Cricket 22, to make up for that release you added components into that game not originally planned.

I know it’s still early days, but I’d love the ability to use a licensed State League side in Management Mode. I feel like there’s a missed opportunity now. Season mode doesn’t hit the same in my opinion.

Will the patch change modes already saved. As in season mode in game stats will be present etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure how they are gonna do all that in one week
From what I understand this is all already developed but didnt make it into the stripped down version that was launched. It just all needs to be compiled into one patch.

Nothing on there about management mode, so I guess that will just keep crashing for another week :think:
We can only hope that just comes under “bug fixes” as the feature is there, just broken. Would be good to fix the crashing, dodgy draftees etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back