Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Good too see progress being made!

Hopefully with a few more patches Afl23 can start showing more of its potential because after playing almost a season of evo 2 recently this has the foundations to be miles better

Road map looks good!! I’m presuming today’s patch will again probably release around 2am?
Steam very soon, PS is whenever we can get it through their servers... it's a random time between 3-8 hours ATM (based on what it's been so far).

With all of these features being added and hopefully gameplay being ironed out in the next week im actually optimistic this will turn out decent.

Definitely nowhere near a priority, just asking out of curiosity.
Are individual goal celebrations (Duursma bow and arrow, Charlie Cameron motorcycle etc) in the game?
I’ve been playing as Richmond and the only real celebration we have after a goal is Shai Bolton watching the big screen and pulling his d**k to himself but that’s sadly not in the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three main reasons stuff goes wrong -

1. Because there is 85 different builds at any given time and version control is a bitch.
2. A full regression test can take weeks and you have a day or two to test a minor fix. What could possibly go wrong?
3. Sometimes the IT Gods choose not to smile upon thee at a critical time such as a major deployment.
If we ignore point 3 and other force majeure.

For point 1. Wouldn't version control be easiest for the initial launch where everything is as you submitted it, and there is no differences across platforms.
For point 2. Woudn't that still mean at least you're aware that something is wrong, rather than being surprised after its gone live?

I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. Software project management is something I know nothing about.

You’d hope all of these patches would address fundamental bugs beyond content (play on from hitting the post, no goal kicking meter appearing, general crashes etc etc etc)

Sorry if this has been asked before? I’ve done a bit of trawling as well as googling but can’t find the definitive answer. Where are the devs posting up days (eg road map, what updates entail etc). I know they have mentioned bits and pieces on here, but surely there’s a more professional setting as I’m sure majority of the people aren’t on these forums?

Thanks and sorry if it’s a repetitive question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back