Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Only one quarter played with the new steam patch (pinch of salt) but it looks like BA have tweaked the difficulty a little. Playing on easy I'm breaking tackles, winning more contests etc. Cautiously optimistic.

I don't mind getting smashed on hard, just need to one of the difficulty settings to feel like a sweet spot. It could make the gaming audience a bit more patient as well if the nuffies like me can win a few while being challenged.

Never seen a game crash so much. How is it not the first thing on the list to be fixed? I appreciate the hard work Big Ant have gone through to fix the game as quick as they can, but I just don't understand howa game can still be crashing so much for so many people in different parts of the game almost a week after release. Baffling.

Good job, can we expect by the time Fridays patch is released, the stuff at launch will become available?

Or is that still uncertain at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We're tracking for almost all of it being in - a couple of things might not make it until early next week.

At that point we will slow down the patch velocity, concentrate on analytics that will tell us how people are going (relative difficulty), and patch accordingly.

Only one quarter played with the new steam patch (pinch of salt) but it looks like BA have tweaked the difficulty a little. Playing on easy I'm breaking tackles, winning more contests etc. Cautiously optimistic.

I don't mind getting smashed on hard, just need to one of the difficulty settings to feel like a sweet spot. It could make the gaming audience a bit more patient as well if the nuffies like me can win a few while being challenged.
It's been changed a lot.

Was thinking the same thing- AFL Live 2004 had the pop up like below, a smaller/cleaner version of this would be awesome. Any of those broadcast feel pop ups (disposal leaders, goals etc.) enhance the in game experience a lot. Not sure previously mentioned but having the fantasy points in the stats options was also great in previous games. Looking forward to the patch tonight on console.

afl-live-2004-08.png
BigAntStudios JNT BA Can something like this be implemented into the game. Only minor, but details like this just add so much more to the game.

Good job, can we expect by the time Fridays patch is released, the stuff at launch will become available?

Or is that still uncertain at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckon BA are going to need a short breather the second we (collectively) exit the feral stage. It feels like it's getting closer.

The funny thing is as soon as the core gameplay hangs together I can see BA getting inundated all over again with feature and gameplay requests. Maybe it will feel like a welcome relief.

I tell you what though, if BA's business plan works, revenue is decent enough and they keep the licence the same way EA keeps FIFA, this is going to be one sweet game one day.

'I can't believe they have changed the sock height increments! What is this rubbish. Give me AFL 23 patch 2431b any day'.

Last edited:
Never seen a game crash so much. How is it not the first thing on the list to be fixed? I appreciate the hard work Big Ant have gone through to fix the game as quick as they can, but I just don't understand howa game can still be crashing so much for so many people in different parts of the game almost a week after release. Baffling.
Not really that baffling.

As you can read here, some people have crashes all the time, some have a few, some have none.

Every time we add something in, the crash potential increases. We can test but there is no way we can do all the combinations that thousands of people will do in the wild from button mashing, spamming certain buttons, controller disconnects, etc.
BigAntStudios JNT BA Can something like this be implemented into the game. Only minor, but details like this just add so much more to the game.
Will definitely look at it.

I reckon BA are going to need a short breather the second we (collectively) exit the feral stage. It feels like it's getting closer.

The funny thing is as soon as the core gameplay hangs together I can see BA getting inundated all over again with feature and gameplay requests. Maybe it will feel like a welcome relief.

I tell you what though, if BA's business plan works, revenue is decent enough and they keep the licence the same way EA keeps FIFA, this is going to be one sweet game.
Once the gameplay is set then we will bring the features in quickly - definitely want a day off after that though!

Just won 125 to 123 on the hardest difficulty on 7.5min quarters.

Marking, handballing and players warping to tackle me really annoy the hell out of me.
We will be making it harder :)

We're tracking for almost all of it being in - a couple of things might not make it until early next week.

At that point we will slow down the patch velocity, concentrate on analytics that will tell us how people are going (relative difficulty), and patch accordingly.

Waitttttt a slow down in patches ? It's been like Christmas between 8-10pm waiting for the Steam version to appear, what will I have to look forward to now ? :( :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios is there anymore like just general gameplay patches to come (handballing, player movement and kicking,) or is this just how the game is just the limit and we wont get any better?

Not really that baffling.

As you can read here, some people have crashes all the time, some have a few, some have none.

Every time we add something in, the crash potential increases. We can test but there is no way we can do all the combinations that thousands of people will do in the wild from button mashing, spamming certain buttons, controller disconnects, etc.

Will definitely look at it.

I've not had a single crash on a decent spec pc but nothing amazing.

Question Ross - are harder goal kicking and improvements to manager mode on the list for the rapid patching period?

So you’re saying that most of the major bugs and gameplay issues should be resolved by next week ?
Because rn, the game still isn’t acceptable
Hope these next few patches are damn big

Handballing is still meh
Player movement isn’t at an acceptable level
Teleporting still occurs
Can’t tackle whilst sprinting
No speckys
No tactics
Interchange/subs need work
Management mode has more bugs than my backyard
Game still crashes for most people

And most importantly, we still haven’t heard anything about Hamish McLachlan being in the game

So you’re saying that most of the major bugs and gameplay issues should be resolved by next week ?
Because rn, the game still isn’t acceptable
Hope these next few patches are damn big

Handballing is still meh
Player movement isn’t at an acceptable level
Teleporting still occurs
Can’t tackle whilst sprinting
No speckys
No tactics
Management mode has more bugs than my backyard
Game still crashes for most people

And most importantly, we still haven’t heard anything about Hamish McLachlan being in the game
BigAntStudios this is also the concern i have

Almost downloaded might get a quick game in tonight.

Is there any dates for Xbox release now to or is it still June TBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back