Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
It appears that they’ve fixed the broadcast issue at Adelaide Oval, but the logos are on the wrong wings. They face the camera but the premiership logo is on the far side and the Toyota ad is on the near side. It seems that the SCG is the same but yeah, seems like a weirder outcome than having the camera on the wrong side but the logos correct.

whats the best way to not get holding the ball all the time... i press handball but nothing works? playing on PS5 patch 1.07
any ETA on when wind will be a factor in the game, same with auto subs?

whats the best way to not get holding the ball all the time... i press handball but nothing works? playing on PS5 patch 1.07
any ETA on when wind will be a factor in the game, same with auto subs?
Gotta spam it. And avoid getting tackled with prior oportunity.
But there's one animation (both players still standing during the tackle) where I often can't get a handball out and even if there's no prior, you get pinged eventually.

Good to see interchanges can be made now, little notification on the bottom right hand corner to let you know that changes have been made…

BigAntStudios are you guys going to fix the issue where we still use red balls during night games?

BigAntStudios JNT BA Are feature suggestions better here or still at support.bigant.com?

One thing from AFL Live that I'm really missing is that when you locked on to a receiver or were cycling your lock on options for a kick, AFL Live used to indicate this on the mini map so you could tell which player it was if they were off screen (ie when using the side on camera). At the moment if you're trying to hit up a target off screen you can't really tell who it's going to.

AFL Live example below (the dotted line indicating your target):

Untitled.png

Jeez it’d be nice to get through one career match without the game crashing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jeez it’d be nice to get through one career match without the game crashing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I found mine on PS4 was crashing when trying to start a game on management mode once i started the second season. Are you in the second year of career and it's crashing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afternoon oplaying last night and this morning, I've updated my Steam review. Nice to see that JNT BA has seen it.
I'll send an updated list of my 'old man yells at cloud' remarks to the support address now.
Don't judge the gamer tag. It's my mum's account.

View attachment 1684173View attachment 1684174View attachment 1684175

Nice Steam name :p

I agree with your points, I'm hoping movement speed gets addressed ASAP!!

Also thumbs up with the animations in some respects. I did something in game that I commonly do in real life. I went for a roost from outside 50, and the ball just bounced in the center square, just liked that animation particular - I was like.... I'VE DONE THAT :p

Last edited:
Just had a few games on the new patch for PS5 V1.08 here are my thoughts:

• In terms of gameplay the only thing noticeable is the difficulties feel closer to what they should be. I no longer get smashed on easy, quite the opposite. Medium is a little more of a challenge but I can still win. Hard is challenging and I didn't win but I didn't feel like I was never going to win (only lost by 2 goals)
  • Interchange was working for me in Play now and Career with the pop up to say they had occured.
  • The vibrations for the timing was good with some of the meters being bugged still it made it alot easier for marking contests while I still didn't feel like I won every contest and the stats reflected (even on easy). I can see how those more skilled at the game would like the option to turn those off.
  • Second time seeing the wind indicator in the game since the launch version, still didn't seem to have any affect as expected with Ross's comments last night.
  • The AI was missing alot of goals on easier difficulties which was good to see.
  • Crashed on career mode, noting I changed my kit to the away kit. Crashed during the first quarter report sent. Booted it straight back up same game didn't change my kit and had no issues. Small sample size but I had seen others saying that changing their guernseys was causing them to crash.
  • The weekly stats don't change after your game unless you go into the statistics screen and then back out in the career management screen.

Overall the most fun I have had on the game so far, still the bugs such as mark timer not always working and goal kicking bar as well but yet another improvement to the feel of the game from this patch. I am not seeing any teleport tackles anymore and am finding there is a real technique to tackling and most other things in this game. I have found that Sprint is not always your friend and there is a negative to holding sprint in almost all actions from kicking, tackling, turning and bouncing which I think is good but I do now start to wonder if some of the feedback around those things is not so much a bug anymore, it really seems like alot of thought has been put into the control and techniques of this game with sprint, and power modifiers as they all have advantages but also risks and drawbacks as well.

I've found that changing the "Player Switching" setting to Manual has made the game experience significantly better - I almost feel I can control my player now. "Contest Assisted Movement" can't be changed to manual. I do think these two are fighting against the human input and causing a heap of frustration because you don't feel in control. (PC, latest version (2117))

IMG_3329.jpeg Started a season mode whilst I wait for Management mode to be playable. Playing as the Gold Coast on medium. Really enjoying it so far - sitting 3-1 with all my games decided by less than 10 points. Just played this thriller with the saints taking a mark on the line with 2 seconds left to claim the win. Game is so much better than this time last week - only downsides from season mode so far has been red balls at night, generic coaches, interchange only working when I’m the home team and tackling is a bit non-responsive. Overall though, it’s actually an enjoyable state now and I’m excited for the next few patches

View attachment 1684269Started a season mode whilst I wait for Management mode to be playable. Playing as the Gold Coast on medium. Really enjoying it so far - sitting 3-1 with all my games decided by less than 10 points. Just played this thriller with the saints taking a mark on the line with 2 seconds left to claim the win. Game is so much better than this time last week - only downsides from season mode so far has been red balls at night, generic coaches, interchange only working when I’m the home team and tackling is a bit non-responsive. Overall though, it’s actually an enjoyable state now and I’m excited for the next few patches

And the time and date in that screenshot haha (although less important than what you've listed)

Did you notice any crashes during second season of career mode if you had traded any players in or out of your team?
No haven't got that far sorry just using career mode for testing compared to play now until tactics and the full depth of it is introduced I don't see the point in going further when I know its not fully implemented yet to be honest because I have no idea if any feedback I have is relevant to the fully implemented feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back