Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Can we add indicative patch times in the state of play pls? Add any disclaimer you want (acknoweldge that someone will probably try and sue Big Footy if it comes five minutes late) but it would be nice to have a reference.

I remember Playstation pushes late & only on weekdays, that's all.

Last edited:

A reply from BigAnt earlier indicates they are looking at management mode stuff also.

I brought up the issue of there being no player development and some player ratings down to 40 after a season so that should be a nice addition.

Less PS5 crashes today too, only had the one (game was idle at that point anyway)

So from what I am reading, I believe that console users cannot upload logos but our PC users can. I also understand that these logos can be shared across different platforms too.

Therefore, I was wondering if it was at all possible to get into bed with one of our PC users to get a logo uploaded into the 'community' so my son can download it on the PS5 and create the guernseys and logos for his footy team that he plays for?

Is there any possibility in the near future BigAntStudios that there could be an 'online portal' where us console users can upload 'one off' logos to use?
Suss out this thread. Multiplat - AFL23: Academy Thread

A few of the guys in there are PC based and I think will be happy to help.

BigAntStudios

Patch plays a lot nicer on PS5 had quite a few crashes around 3qtr time but gameplay feels good now.

Minor question about a change but it would add a lot to the overall immersion: Is there any chance in future patches to have the screens at the grounds switched on? I also noticed the MCG scoreboard for example the LED board is there but it is just a black rectangle. I remember back in AFL Live 2003 it had the screens on and it was just a mirror of the gameplay cam and I think it just looks a lot better than a black square that we have currently.

Obviously you have bigger fish to fry at the minute but would be an awesome thing to add in the game.

Attachments

• afl 03.png
    afl 03.png
    248 KB · Views: 43
A reply from BigAnt earlier indicates they are looking at management mode stuff also.

I brought up the issue of there being no player development and some player ratings down to 40 after a season so that should be a nice addition.

Less PS5 crashes today too, only had the one (game was idle at that point anyway)
Plenty to come in management mode I'd what Ross mentioned last night, cause I asked the same thing you did!

Travolta Legends GIF by Pixel Bandits

Still nothing about Xbox? Come on BigAntStudios. Give us some sort of update, even if discussions are ongoing

Plenty to come in management mode I'd what Ross mentioned last night, cause I asked the same thing you did!

Haven’t had the chance to catch up on your stream yet but sounds like there’s a few good little nuggets of info in there.

Didn’t have the chance to ask about the Free Agency period not showing who’s a free agent? 😅
Hopefully gets worked in but so far the gameplay is making big improvements!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patch 8 seems a lot smoother and the vibration on the marks is very nice! On Hardest I just lost a game by 1 point with a kick on the siren, and really enjoyed it despite the loss.

That said, Matt Rowell has an OVR of 40 in my game, despite earning a chunk more than some players in the OVR 80's.

Also, after every Suns goal, home or away I get the 'trumpets' noise, and then I get a didgeridoo... I know the former is supposed to occur (not sure about away from home), but the digeridoo, is that supposed to happen too?

Edit: Handballing is still a little broken. Amount of times my guys will throw a no-look handball 20m behind them to the opposition is silly.

Patch 8 seems a lot smoother and the vibration on the marks is very nice! On Hardest I just lost a game by 1 point with a kick on the siren, and really enjoyed it despite the loss.

That said, Matt Rowell has an OVR of 40 in my game, despite earning a chunk more than some players in the OVR 80's.

Also, after every Suns goal, home or away I get the 'trumpets' noise, and then I get a didgeridoo... I know the former is supposed to occur (not sure about away from home), but the digeridoo, is that supposed to happen too?

Edit: Handballing is still a little broken. Amount of times my guys will throw a no-look handball 20m behind them to the opposition is silly.
I'm pretty sure the didgeridoo is correct. Ive heard it a few times during the footy this year.

Third game on new patch (ps5)

Lost commentary with a minute or so to go in first 1/4 and then the game just got stuck on the 50m arc after the quarter ended

manual interchanges work as home team not away as others have said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back