Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Auto interchange is nice but seems a bit broken. Players got moved and placed in random positions.

Playing as geelong close found himself as an onballer, and smith was playing as a forward pocket. Bews became full back while de koning went to the wing.

You also cannot make changes yourself when auto-interchange is on so you can't even fix its mistakes which is well frustrating.
The sub also frequently changed so im assuming it just acts as a fifth interchange. Some players would stay on the interchange for quarters at a time, while others come back on after 30 seconds.

With tactics potentially would appreciate the ability to set who comes off for who or at least set what positions they can rotate into. Also midfield rotations would be elite.

The game is slightly broken

Took a defending mark and this happened, couldn't break the animation

7lpz85.gif

Which led to getting pinged for a deliberate rushed behind

And got a free shot at goal for my efforts :p
Are you playing on a Pentium 3?

Still losing commentary / crashing in every 2nd game or so on PS5. Just me? I feel like I’m wasting time just getting into games and i can’t finish them.

Sometimes the game doesn’t even actually crash it just hangs so can’t even submit a report.

Just exhibition games not management or season.

Also just confirming: the banana goal kick in open play. That just boots the ball in a random direction chosen by absolutely no one? As they do NOT go towards goal or where I aim 😂 don’t think I’ve even seen one make the distance or even be a point 🤷‍♂️

It’s the basic s**t like this that baffles me. How has this not been a priority fix ? It’s literally a key component of the game

I would of liked to see a big emphasis on player movements and control-ability such as passing directions and a better 1v1 marking model than anything else. It’s really odd how they were able to almost have those aspects spot on with there 2011 game and nowhere near the same playability now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have just realised after 21 rounds of playing management career. That the entire afl apart from my players have been progressing. Wietering up to a 94 Curnow a 93, Walsh 93. Etc there’s a heap.

I also just realised that the overall potential ratings have been getting changed.
In mine ldu is and 89 with max potential of 89. 🤦🏻‍♂️ he’s 24.
If I start again it’s 94.
Sheezel 96 vs 99.
Then there is the complete flip of this. With guys like Perez, Lazaro, Curtis and Ford all in the low to mid 90’s which Is absolutely absurd.

I understand that the ratings themselves are part of the licensing or champion data. That’s fine I actually think they’re ok for the most part. When will progression get fixed and can we please have the ability to edit potential overalls and positions and archetypes. Please.

I feel like I’ve just borderline wasted a huge amount of time playing 20 games of this mode when now I’m disadvantage for starting it on a certain day.

As someone who only plays online matches on PS5 the game is literally unplayable. I’ve not been able to finish any of my last 10 matches due to freezing at some random time after a goal is kicked.

A few bugs in my first game after tonight's patch.

Just had the 0:26 bug again but this time with 5+ minutes left in the quarter. I just exited the game.
Handball direction seems worse than it was prior to this patch.
Shots at goal still impossible to miss when you just go early on the accuracy bar. When I left the game I was in, the score was 4.0.24 to 12.0.72. And when I tried to actually time one correctly, I found the accuracy bar still just shoots off the end and you don't just miss slightly, you shank it out on the full. Players also teleporting a lot this patch.

As someone who only plays online matches on PS5 the game is literally unplayable. I’ve not been able to finish any of my last 10 matches due to freezing at some random time after a goal is kicked.
I haven't played a lot of online, but not skipping the after-goal cutscenes solved a lot of the crashing/freezing issues when I did.

Hey guys a little one and not sure if it’s been in this weekends patch - have the screens at the grounds been turned on yet and the benches have the players/coach on them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've found 2 bugs that definitely weren't there before tonight and i've already seen both a few times despite having played one game. The first one involves a player getting straight up after a tackle when it should be a stoppage. Submitted to bigant, pretty self explanatory and hopefully easy fix.

And now I've just discovered that you can do this in a kick in.... Could be a bit unfair for online matches.
View attachment kick in glitch_Trimbf.mp4
If you're not controlling the player on the mark, the AI can break the barrier that is normally there and when you change to that player you can tackle the kick in taker without reprecussion. This wasn't a once off either I had it twice then replicated it as shown above so I could record it.

Last edited:
Would also like to know if we’re able to edit player ratings? Really important for custom season modes and fantasy drafts.

And a question for those who are playing the game, do player ratings feel like they make a difference at all either on the player or AI end?
Does Bontempelli feel that much better with ball in hand than Ed Curnow?
Does it matter if the AI have a ping from 40 out with Jeremy Cameron or Ben Keays, or does it just feel the same.

Will ps4/5 updates come out early morning/ mid morning tomorrow? Also will that one patch be what steam got last night and tonight?

Bit disappointed after the latest patch.

Played a game against the AI and a game against a mate.

Issues I'm currently finding:

-soooooo many broken tackels. To the point I can run the entire ground and break every tackle without even meaning to.

-spoiling can be good when you run in and spoil from the side of behind. But the second you start jostling it becomes literally impossible to spoil.

-the marking meter has disappeared completely since the latest patch? Perhaps because it didn't work when it was implemented?

-I literally receive no free kicks when playing the AI. I can tackle all game without a single holding the ball.

-player movement is skill lagging and feels skate like when trying to take off from a stationary position.

Overall I find the game more enjoyable against the AI. I personally found it even more broken when playing a local 2 player match.
To sum up how it felt, I think the offensive side of the game was ok, but defending is an un-enjoyable nightmare at the moment.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would of liked to see a big emphasis on player movements and control-ability such as passing directions and a better 1v1 marking model than anything else. It’s really odd how they were able to almost have those aspects spot on with there 2011 game and nowhere near the same playability now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As patient as I’m willing to be with the game - I can’t help but question this too. I’m not sure if that game was particularly easier to code for any reason but they really did have a lot of the animations down pat. Everything felt connected and smooth and intentional when you played it.

I’m not going to lie I came into this game thinking gee if it’s anything like 2011 game then the games a winner almost straight away, so been super surprised some elements feel a long way off.

Full faith it will be good but personally just struggling to find things to keep me playing the game at the moment, most of the AI is just very easy and I love the online aspect of gaming it just doesn’t work at all yet for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back