Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
The absolute hubris. Even more embarrassing is the people who were defending them for so long (for free no less) and obviously they're nowhere to be found now
They're still here.

Telling us to "wait for the patch."

Microsoft are lenient feature wise but theres no way theyd approve a game that crashes under the testing period, and I find it hard to believe that's not exactly what would have occured considering we can't do basic things without a game crash.

Yeah I liked how the argument was that everyone has issues with Microsoft but when pushed the only examples were Cricket 22 and now AFL 23. Two unplayable messes at launch. Derp.

Last edited:

Look away Port fans

1683199126826.png

Good to know that the one thing I hoped BA would rectify from prior games, full length quarter match simulations, isn't close to being addressed. This sort of thing has to be fixed in a patch and wasn't ironed out in the very beginning?

I'm about the furthest thing from an expert on game development but if indeed the wrong build was uploaded, why not just pull the bad build and upload the correct one? The original release was supposed to be 3 weeks ago so there are really no excuses for any of this.

Exactly. I’d love to know what actually happened. The lack of footage, gameplay or radio silence on features was a giveaway that something was amiss. I respect Ross interacts with the folk here but if you want to earn respect you can’t communicate on a forum with your die hard consumers then produce what we’ve been given. I’m not going to get personal as some have but there’s a tonne of learnings from today and if BA want to rectify things honesty right now would go a long way.

The other thing I might add. The pressure to release games by a certain date is incredibly difficult and killing devs. This may be a perfect example of “guys we tried our best but the game isn’t ready, it needs some more time in the oven” What you don’t want is people crunching to get games out. A delayed game is better than a bad game.

Is there wind in the game?

Sure is.

Haven't you seen the screenshot of the interchange bench on the middle of the ground? Very windy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios JNT BA could you please add free agent Liam Stocker to St Kilda. Seriously...

If every patch is going to be behind a french company that take forever to do anything its going to be a long couple weeks, surely theres a more efficient way for that to be done?

In career mode I noticed he's rated like 30. so maybe his goalkicking is set to 0?

The ratings of a few players in career mode were way off. I'm sure that'll be fixed in an upcoming patch..

The game actually isn't as bad as i was expecting based off a lot of the posts today (playing on PC so have the first patch). it's sluggish in places and really unresponsive and just not fun at the moment but if they put in the effort on patches I can see it becoming a good game.

You just said the game isn’t that bad and proceeded to say it’s just sluggish, unresponsive and not fun. So it’s bad.

BigAntStudios could you please add free agent Liam Stocker to St Kilda. Seriously...
This is why the gameplay is so broken
Makes total sense now !
They were harping on about having scanned every single player that they’ve spent all their money on trying to get Stocker on board !
Forget the gameplay, where the **** is Stocker BigAnt ?!

Look away Port fans

View attachment 1678129

Good to know that the one thing I hoped BA would rectify from prior games, full length quarter match simulations, isn't close to being addressed. This sort of thing has to be fixed in a patch and wasn't ironed out in the very beginning?
What do you mean!? You don't think the suns could kick 237 points over Melbourne!? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back