Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Can someone explain the international company angle I keep seeing? Patches need to go through some external (French?) company?
Big Ants owner, Nacon are a French company. The game was apparently registered in French time or other excuse like that.

BigAnt came out and said today that a patch would be implemented today for PC and Ps5 to stabilise gameplay at some point today

When the * is today then on ps5, it’s 10pm

Why say something then not pull through scumbag..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
@ PlayStation/Sony

High School GIF

Has Ross made a comment yet? He has literally killed any chance of afl having another game or for it to be of any quality in the future. I had high hopes that they would be able to continue to give us afl games. It’s dead.

I kicked 16 goals with Cripps and barely tried… you can run from full back to full forward without trying and kick goals unbelievable.
The patch has to save the game. I read on twitter that the wrong version of the game was released which is laughable.
A disgruntled employee doing that as revenge possibly?

I understand the pressure Ross would be feeling right now but he needs to come out and be transparent in the next 24 hours. I haven't seen the exact comments he's made but if he has been talking up the game and shitting on other devs he has made a complete fool of himself and his company.

The patch has to save the game. I read on twitter that the wrong version of the game was released which is laughable.
A disgruntled employee doing that as revenge possibly?

I understand the pressure Ross would be feeling right now but he needs to come out and be transparent in the next 24 hours. I haven't seen the exact comments he's made but if he has been talking up the game and shitting on other devs he has made a complete fool of himself and his company.
Rugby league game confirmed and PVL was at the big ant studios messing with the afl game!

Played a couple of games just to get a feel for it and honestly, despite the many flaws which I will touch on I actually think there's a lot to work with in this game. Passing by foot works well for the most part and allows for a good spread and movement of the ball down the field, players do seem to run on leading patterns and present numerous times which means there is some skill in timing your kicks to align with the run of a presenting player. The hack kicks forward and off the ground options are handy in keeping the ball moving forward if you are in a bit of traffic and the animations can look pretty good at times. I have no idea what I'm doing in the ruck but I think I've won a tap once or twice so might just be a me thing.

Things that are really holding this game back (again, just focusing on gameplay):
  • Handballing can be clunky and will sometimes just randomly go to ground even if you've selected a player out in the clear. Part of the problem will be me but it's not perfect by any stretch
  • The bigger problem with handballing is the receiver basically runs into thick mud when the ball arrives and you then accelerates like an old truck which means that any space you have managed to create is lost. This happens regardless of whether the player is stationary or if they are on the run which is even more annoying as it breaks the flow of the game and the play you are making
  • Marking contests are probably marked 95% of the time, the only spoil I have seen the AI make was my own teams AI spoil me trying to mark a ball. Spoiling should definitely be more prominant
  • The ball bounces weird. You can bomb a ball 50m and it'll land and move maybe 5 metres but you can handball the ball and it turns into a wallaby on meth and just bounces its way 30 metres randomly. Really odd
  • Playing on from a mark seems to break sometimes
  • Manual player swapping has stopped working on numerous occasions which is far from ideal
  • Sometimes you'll get tackled/tackle someone and the ball will just drop out at their feet and players will all just stand around and you think that a ball up has been called but eventually those 2 players will again try grab the ball and play will then resume. It's weird.
  • Minor thing but the replays are way too zoomed in. Would much prefer a more broadcast style replay rather than a replay that the ball takes up 20% of the screen space on

I've actually enjoyed the couple of games I've played and admittedly I'm easily pleased when it comes to AFL games since we are lucky to even get one.
The biggest issue is you can't turn properly, you end up running backwards, when you want to change direction. They need to fix that asap.

On a serious note BigAntStudios JNT BA
Drafting in management mode is shot. AI automatically will draft a delisted FA over an 18 year old purely because of AFL stats to their name. The entire first round of a draft I simulated was full of delisted AFL players. Thought this was meant to be the best management mode we've ever seen?

Crazy Vossy mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By all means keep complaining about big ant criticism if it really hurts your experience.
Where did I complain about the criticism? Pointing out there's options if you don't like it isn't complaining about criticism.

I mean most of you here seem like you're not far off firing of threats to developers, it's actually quite unstable.

Steam patch went out earlier today.

We're in the office awaiting PS patch to push through.
Cheers for the reply, know today didn’t go the way everyone wanted but nice to know your still all working hard even at 10pm, good luck guys, sure in time this game will be worth all the intitual teething issues!

Where did I complain about the criticism? Pointing out there's options if you don't like it isn't complaining about criticism.

I mean most of you here seem like you're not far off firing of threats to developers, it's actually quite unstable.
One thing about this little echo chamber everyone is screaming into is that, most of it BA won’t see cause he would have pressed ‘ignore’ on them ages ago…..I sometimes wonder if they realise that fact…….

The biggest issue is you can't turn properly, you end up running backwards, when you want to change direction. They need to fix that asap.
Yeah there's a lack of 'in control' feel sometimes when you swap to a player. I actually just played a game where i kicked the ball to space for my player to run on to the ball and they refused to turn more than 5 degrees per step and just ended up running the ball out of bounds. I'm happy for players to be slower from standing still as previous games basically went 0-100 when you moved but the current state is a long way off being enjoyable.

I also wanted to remind PS users who gloated about being the superior platform that y'all still don't got a patch ;) #PCMasterRace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back