Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
For the cricket games normally a matter of a couple of days faster on Steam. I also think they did multiple micro patches on steam and then bigger ones on the consoles since the consoles required approval.

There was also I believe a difference between PS and Xbox but I can't remember which way
Is this a normal waiting period between steam releases and console release?

Contemplating getting it on steam for this reason alone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

sorry if answered but is the PS5 patch out yet? Haven’t been prompted to update….

What an absolute disaster. At least some of you get to play, mine won't even get past a bug riddled playstation sign in page. I randomly got to play 5 mins if a game before the players stopped moving and it was actually worse than previous games, contested marks taken on every kick, and better played on mute than listening to the "commentary".

I fail to see how a patch can address every different type of bug people are experiencing, there are going to be a lot of refunds and rightly so

Gave it a crack. Saying it’s currently borderline unplayable would be generous. I also wouldn’t say it’s unsalvageable just yet. In general the kicking was actually really good, and it’s what gives you those 10 second glimpses of a really enjoyable game.

The silly bugs I’m confident get fixed, and there’s plenty of them. The real worrying points for me are marking, handballs and ruck contests. These don’t feel like ‘something just broke’ bugs, but that they’re working close to as intended and they are really unsatisfying. Handballs spray all over the place and marking feels like you have no control or weight. Stoppages are pretty bland for such a big part of the game.

If those improve there’d be enough there for something that’s enjoyable. My personal preference would also be for everything to just be that 10% slower, but I think that with other sports games too.

Another issue I noticed is when ever there was a stoppage in the back 50 my 6 forwards and the opposition 6 defenders stayed behind the half way line leaving a big gap between them and the D50. It’s ****ing 2023 and we still can’t get an AFL game that resembles footy this century.

I know some folks are disappointed about limited modes but do we really want to dive into extensive modes before the gameplay is fixed anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I completely agree with almost all of the criticism that's been levelled at BigAnt the company for today's release, it's important to recognise that there are many developers who have spent months on this game who are probably crushed with how this has turned out. And I have no doubt they are good developers, who can develop a great quality game. They were just pressured with an unrealistic time frame for release.
That's the thing, they got a track record of disappointing releases followed up with a solid record at rectifying and fixing their messes

BigAnt came out and said today that a patch would be implemented today for PC and Ps5 to stabilise gameplay at some point today

When the * is today then on ps5, it’s 10pm

Why say something then not pull through scumbag..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The patch isn’t even that good you’re not missing out on much, the other version actually sounded more fun being able to run the length of the field and scoring.

I would honestly prefer no faces, no different stadiums, no aflw, no alternative guernseys, no crowd, no banners, no anthems, no coin toss etc etc, but just put every single resource and dollar into making the gameplay realistic and not have any bugs.

Then when you get that right start adding all that other stuff via updates over time

so just finished another 3 hour gameplay of it and some new thoughts after the patch

- handballing semi fixed, it was completely broken but now it actually goes in the direction you want it to go, its still not amazing but a good fix

- i honestly havent been having crashes, had 1 and thats it.

- marking is a problem, im legit just reverting to spoling just to make it abit more difficult

- game is way to easy, set shots are way to easy need to be made harder or need sliders

- so the total games/goals stat is only in management mode and only counts the games you play so buddy for example is back at 0 goals im not sure why they wouldnt have everyones real time goals and games

- the trading/draft/contract system is all very cool, but there was no tab to show how much money i have left which sucked cause i lost Jai Newcombe as a rookie cause i was over budget ahah

- my final thoughts the patch deffs helped some gameplay aspects it was a decent patch so much still needs to be fixed. but it does feel like there is a good game in here, we just need to somehow get to it and i hope bigant can do it cause i see potential, it does feel like my game isnt as broken as others tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back