Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Just me or is the custom editor screenshot of the interchange bench in the middle of the field getting portrayed as a game bug?

Is it not a bug? Or have I been living under a rock and interchange benches are now in the middle of the grounds.

When creating your own stadiums this shouldn’t happen.

Handball function really is broken, you have to stop to press square, so the ball goes in the direction you want. Gameplay is very buggy. You feel like you have no control over the length of a kick.

Unless i'm not using the controller correctly and there is a longer learning curve to finding the right balance, I feel like i'm not really doing much to effect the play.

This is after the patch upgrade too.

Is it just me, or is it that the gameplay is a buggy mess right now.

I mean, they must have known this through gameplay-testing and why didn't Twistie, Michaels, and a few others mention this in their play-throughs?

The rest is fine, the animations and graphics, presentation, designs, all great.
As mentioned earlier the version of the game that was released this morning was NOT what the planned release was meant to be.

All of the bugs seen currently had already been fixed / patched after our plays and prior in anticipation for the launch of the game.

The patch shit the bed at launch and removed most of that work giving us the game we saw this morning

Patches coming out are rebuilding this gradually to get it back to what the release version was meant to be.

As mentioned earlier the version of the game that was released this morning was NOT what the planned release was meant to be.

All of the bugs seen currently had already been fixed / patched after our plays and prior in anticipation for the launch of the game.

The patch s**t the bed at launch and removed most of that work giving us the game we saw this morning

Patches coming out are rebuilding this gradually to get it back to what the release version was meant to be.

Thanks, that makes more sense!

Can anyone tell me if you can customise rosters and player ratings, or if you can customise season mode with a fantasy / serpentine draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the more you play it and use the combos, the more the gameplay improves, lol, but the handball on the run still feels off.
I’ve managed to get a couple of handball chains away now but every time they receive they stop for a second before they move.

Twistie played hardest & won 83 - 0. Now he is playing Hard which is 1 level down in difficulty and is currently losing 4.0 24 to 4.8 32 in the 3rd qrt.

So there is something wrong with the difficulties
Twistie won that match 8.0.48 - 5.8.38 but that match was definitely better than what other things I have seen. Not perfect because the Ai doesn’t mark 95% of the time & other bugs but definitely improved.

So maybe on PC ‘Hard’ difficulty is the way to go to have a decent match

Haven’t played it yet it’s downloading won’t be able to play it until the weekend so hopefully it’s fixed by then haha is there injuries? And does the interchange work good?

The patch s**t the bed at launch and removed most of that work giving us the game we saw this morning

I’ve never heard of this. Patch shit the bed? You’re literally releasing a 100$ product and your patch shits the bed? I just don’t buy it.

You just have to say that this game has cause BA irreversible reputational damage.

I don't care anywhere near as much for the game as I do for the lies. Straight up lies about why the delayed launch and straight up lies about the gamplay trailer and play sessions.

I'm not trying to lay the boot in but genuinely don't know how they can come back from this, it's one of the worst few months from a developer I've ever seen.

The way people have been spoken to by said developers just makes it worse IMO.

Just beyond repair at this point. I am afraid to imagine how much revenue they will lose on this game and don't know if they'll ever be allowed to make another one, or even have the capacity to do so.

Is it not a bug? Or have I been living under a rock and interchange benches are now in the middle of the grounds.

When creating your own stadiums this shouldn’t happen.
Sorry you're right, that's right it happens when there's no fences.

In my head I was thinking the editor just allowed you to place stuff like that.

I’ve never heard of this. Patch s**t the bed? You’re literally releasing a 100$ product and your patch shits the bed? I just don’t buy it.

I'm about the furthest thing from an expert on game development but if indeed the wrong build was uploaded, why not just pull the bad build and upload the correct one? The original release was supposed to be 3 weeks ago so there are really no excuses for any of this.

Had an AFLW game, seeing no difference between playing with AFLW & AFL team

Figured the stats would be lower, making it longer to get the ball around etc

Feels like every player can kick 60+m, hopefully we can get a difference between the 2 with patch updates

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was kicking goals from 55 easy with the chicks haha

Just played my first game which was a Showdown, I won by 112 points on medium as Port. The game's AI is completely broken, the opposition players were always either standing around or running away from me. I ran into many open goals with no pressure at all, that would never happen in Live 1 in the manner I did in 23. The player movement is really bad, the players don't orientate properly, they're running backwards, when I'm moving the thumbstick forwards or sideways. That would never happen in Live 1, the players would move properly. Live 1 blitzes 23 out of the water when it comes to player movement and AI. They're really going to have to fix this up. I'm a bit shocked how much of a downgrade it is compared to Live 1.

This is yet another Don Bradman Cricket 17 situation 😂.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back