Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

I just think we need to bide time a bit. I know its frustrating we have forked out 100 bucks for a buggy game but, they will eventually get there with patches and we will all be laughing about this.

The AFL need to back BigAnt with the licenses for the next 10 years or so, this is good base and will only get better with future releases. You look at the likes of FIFA that have released a game every year since the 90s on a much bigger budget and its still a buggy mess on day 1.

And I do hope that if this is true, the person who uploaded the wrong patch is now either fired or has been throughly grilled.
If this is what happened then it's likely a process issue not a person issue. When a mistake is that high risk then people shouldn't be able to make it. There should be safeguards in place to limit the ability to make the mistake or the blast radius when you make it.

If this is what happened then it's likely a process issue not a person issue. When a mistake is that high risk then people shouldn't be able to make it. There should be safeguards in place to limit the ability to make the mistake or the blast radius when you make it.

Especially when the same thing happened with AO Tennis.

Fool me once etc

I just think we need to bide time a bit. I know its frustrating we have forked out 100 bucks for a buggy game but, they will eventually get there with patches and we will all be laughing about this.

The AFL need to back BigAnt with the licenses for the next 10 years or so, this is good base and will only get better with future releases. You look at the likes of FIFA that have released a game every year since the 90s on a much bigger budget and its still a buggy mess on day 1.
I think the afl are embarrassed by this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to remember what their focus was though. Straight from the horse's mouth:

All their marketing (such as it was) was based around face scanning (oh, and Ultimate Team, wherever that is), the focus of their budget was on face scanning and stadiums, and that's pretty evident in the state of the game.
I get that but this is their header:
"Chase your dreams and Make it your own - in the most realistic AFL game ever!"
(Shite grammar but least of issues).
Realistic? Yeah, nah.

The AI was definitely better. They chased, tackled and were tougher to play against.

I was able to handball better and create link up play.

but for me AI still needs to be tweaked and made harder and the big one is they need to be able to spoil. that will make things so much more difficult.

still able to take marks inside 50 even 2 or 3 vs 1 which is a bit crazy. they should be killing those contests.

Once the AI spoiling comes in i think that will make it feel tougher again.

I played mostly online games last night which I enjoyed. Had a couple of crashes, not as many as PS5 users pre patch.

Playing against another user who can spoil link up themselves etc makes it a much tougher game and more rewarding when you score.

Just needs to have a online leaderboard or stat keeping of some kind, reckon i was 4-0!

Did the tackling, change player and player movement (where sprinting doesn't work as it should, turning directions battles etc) persist in online?

Haven’t seen a free kick that wasn’t holding the ball, deliberate dosent exist no 50 metre pens

Games slowly improving, never should have been released in this state its a farce that it happened. On another note, what's everyones camera angle they use?
I prefer the end camera but it's really tough to play it that way in the current build. It feels a lot different to the side view with the not insignificant problem that if you touch the controller after a mark it's play on, but if you stay still and it's not a mark it's HTB.

Don't seem to have this issue playing with the side camera.

Hey all, just to give everyone some of my thoughts on previous Big Ant titles, not sure if it will help or not but hopefully it will provide some insight.

• I've played their Cricket titles before and the exact same thing happened on launch. The game was unplayable and extremely buggy, it did take them a few weeks and probably up to a month for the game to be functional.
  • This seems to be a recurring theme with Big Ant so I'm not surprised at all that this happened.
  • Similar to what is happening now, I was on a forum where people provided feedback and shared common issues so all I can suggest is to keep sending the bug reports through on your consoles. If you have bought the game, it's probably all we can do.
  • Going on my past experience, if you haven't bought the game yet I suggest waiting a month as that was roughly how long it took them to fix the issues to a playable standard on their cricket titles.
  • However, when the game was fully patched up, it was very solid and quite fun but having said that - it is a Cricket game so I'm not sure in terms of the logistics how hard it is to patch a different sport game between cricket and footy.
Sorry my post probably doesn't provide a quick fix to the issues but thought I would just share my experience with Big Ant.

Hey all, just to give everyone some of my thoughts on previous Big Ant titles, not sure if it will help or not but hopefully it will provide some insight.

• I've played their Cricket titles before and the exact same thing happened on launch. The game was unplayable and extremely buggy, it did take them a few weeks and probably up to a month for the game to be functional.
  • This seems to be a recurring theme with Big Ant so I'm not surprised at all that this happened.

I think everyone predicted a pisspoor launch, but not to the scale of what transpired. That's new, even for Big Ant.

I got the game through Eb Games physical copy.

I still have the 7 day warranty. Now I'm thinking of taking it back for a refund as this game is a bit of a mess. No ultimate mode, not much in other modes and someone did mention only one season.

I can deal with patches improving the game but is a bit much right now for $100. Might hand it back today for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back