Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Oh man, maybe I should @ them. If they think that one is misspelled, they didn't play the correct team lineups for some other fun ones I found and slipped in. At least Mitch saw my other one and eventually recognized it.

Keep up the feedback guys. Lots of great suggestions about even the smallest things I've been collecting to be reviewed. I know some of you have also let us know things on the support site, much appreciation for that. I've been helping the team over there when I can, always nice to see one of my replies directly quoted here haha.
JNT for BA CEO?

you can, whatever side of the coin is showing when you tap is what you pick so you gotta time it
Man, I wish things like this were a little more obvious in-game.

Btw what's the point of a coin toss and choosing a side to kick if you have no idea which way the wind is blowing?
You raise a good point with pretty much most AFL games, wind only ever seems to be a thing when kicking for goal. Would love to load into a game and see a 15kmh wind blowing one way, so you can kick out to the 70 from one end and have to take safer options the other way.

I think maybe 2004 had it, or maybe I'm getting mixed up with the mini games. Either way, let's get all the other stuff sorted first, but would love to see something like that in future.

You raise a good point with pretty much most AFL games, wind only ever seems to be a thing when kicking for goal. Would love to load into a game and see a 15kmh wind blowing one way, so you can kick out to the 70 from one end and have to take safer options the other way.

I think maybe 2004 had it, or maybe I'm getting mixed up with the mini games. Either way, let's get all the other stuff sorted first, but would love to see something like that in future.
Not sure if it's a PC thing or if it's been fixed but I tried twice to kick to the side of the screen that my player was on because I hadn't seen an animation of a player pointing back over his head. Both times it automatically changed my choice to the other side and he pointed over the opposition captains shoulder. Seems I can win the toss and still not choose which way anyway.

Blasphemy

Both are still infinitely playable today. And they are not riddled with bugs.
SWC '99 has the best sweep shot in any cricket game.
Yikes lol if the year was 2002 maybe d that's true but I emulated both within the last 6 months...

It's a hard pass from me

Does anyone else experience that the boundary is like a magnet for the ball? When the ball goes loose around the sides it’ll just bounce all the way out
Mick Malthouse likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those "this looks like PS2 graphics" kind of people have in some small part contributed to the s**t show we've seen today. This is what happens when you prioritise graphics above gameplay, plain and simple. BigAnt have seen that as being the biggest demand for this game and have budgeted for that accordingly (although I don't remember people asking for a 15 second coin-toss animation). It seems people want to idolise those older games yet at the same time s**t on them for their graphics. Of course this is 100% on BigAnt, but people need to wake up and realise what actually made the older games so iconic and great for their time.
No. It was people that asked for random features like player mode.

Graphics being a evolution 2 is unplayable. I got it put the disk in and stopped.

When will AFLW lists be updated? Also, there are a few players missing from AFL lists e.g. Liam Stocker

I still dont understand why releasing incomplete games is tolerated in the game industry.

Its like going to a movie premiere and all you get is a camcorder video of the cast reading the first script.

BigAntStudios please fix your game. let me tackle my opponent thanks. when i go to mark it let me mark it please. 2 days in and this game is terrible
Don’t hold sprint while trying to tackle and make sure to hold triangle.

Marking is way too easy atm, just switch to the player in the contest and press or hold triangle; 99% success rate.

I still dont understand why releasing incomplete games is tolerated in the game industry.

Its like going to a movie premiere and all you get is a camcorder video of the cast reading the first script.

Because us moron consumers keep rushing to get games on day 1 🥲

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back