Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Glad to see everyone has put their pitchforks away today and we’re all offering reasonable suggestions and criticisms. Hope JNT catches a lot of the comments in here, some great takes being listed today. Been some things mentioned in here by dannnnnnn and T2B that I’ve noticed but either not known how to articulate or not quite been able toput my finger on what feels off about the game.

On the app cbf tagging you guys/ I’m too dumb to learn how.

The game plays like a demo right now. Will be good to play it when it's done, but this is a pretty embarassing week one release. For the money punters are asked to spend, I don't think it's wrong to ask for better when a game is released.

6 points behind Port in Career mode, Naughton marks 20 metres out directly in front. Final siren goes as he's lining up...

Slots it. After the siren draw. Waiting to see what the commentary/game does here...

Commentary cuts out. A solitary tree is seen off in the distance as the camera points at nothing in particular. The crowd goes mild.

Black screen. All is quiet. No button does anything.

Tears.

6 points behind Port in Career mode, Naughton marks 20 metres out directly in front. Final siren goes as he's lining up...

Slots it. After the siren draw. Waiting to see what the commentary/game does here...

Commentary cuts out. A solitary tree is seen off in the distance as the camera points at nothing in particular. The crowd goes mild.

Tears.
But Daannnnn is there a patch today?

Does anyone have any idea how the second part of the set shot goal kicking mechanism works? I hold O for the first part, for power, then no matter where I press in the second part it seems to make no difference. I've just decided to let it go without clicking anything.

Some of my forwards can never kick a normal drop punt, they're all floaters.

But Daannnnn is there a patch today?
Angry Bobs Burgers GIF

Does anyone have any idea how the second part of the set shot goal kicking mechanism works? I hold O for the first part, for power, then no matter where I press in the second part it seems to make no difference. I've just decided to let it go without clicking anything.

I don't think there is any indicator that it has detected your input once it gets past a certain point. Like, if you press the button really early, the marker stops before the gauge disappears. When you're close to the end, though, the marker just seems to keep going and then reset at the beginning - but I think it registers the input.

Anyone asking wether there’s a patch today, this is the latest from BA. Over 22 hours ago…

Take the last comment re patch dropping today with a grain of salt.

IMG_9942.JPG

Tears.
Represents the emotions of a draw quite well imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had most luck pressing early. Pressing when it gets to the blue seems like it doesn't stop it on time. Pressing it to end before the blue starts seems pretty reliable.

Anyone asking wether there’s a patch today, this is the latest from BA. Over 22 hours ago…

Take the last comment re patch dropping today with a grain of salt.

View attachment 1679827
Pretty sure that was yesterdays post and that was the patch that dropped at 3am this morning.

I actually don't mind the idea of having to slow down to tackle. Like sprinting into someone while tackling should make something like in the back more likely.

But it sounds like they stuffed up the implementation.
Tackling while sprinting has often been a trigger to giving away free kicks in various previous footy games(too high, in the back), which i actually dont mind as a premise.
A bit of risk/reward.

Last edited:
I had simulated to year 2026 in manager mode and then it crashed and I went back in to see the file had corrupted and it sent me back to 2023.

Anyone else having issues with just tall forwards lining up for goal? Like the timing part is off? You hit O in the blue part and it’s a floater that misses if you’re far enough out. It’s odd but I’ve only had the issue with Naughton, Darcy, Ugle-Hagan but no issues with any other player.

Anyone else having issues with just tall forwards lining up for goal? Like the timing part is off? You hit O in the blue part and it’s a floater that misses if you’re far enough out. It’s odd but I’ve only had the issue with Naughton, Darcy, Ugle-Hagan but no issues with any other player.
Yep. Jez and Hawkins can't kick a drop punt apparently.

Had a couple of Tigers do it but nobody on the regular. If you get it just before the blue part it’s usually alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back